PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Player needed for Sunday Evening Game

taoistpunk
June 18th, 2015, 19:50
When: Sun Evenings, 7pm-10pm EST

Long-running group of ( mostly over 40) guys who are long time, Old School gamers who have just started a new campaign (Characters at levels -1-3). The game is strong on Role-play and Story, with a healthy dose of combat. We care more about the plot and having a good RP experience than bonuses, +'s, hard-rules...etc.

We're looking for a similarly-minded player who is both a long time player of RPG's and who is somewhat familiar with FG mechanics to pick up the Magic Mantle. We've had a tough time recruiting...players start off enthusiastic but then their availability shrivels and I find myself NPC'ing their Mage (or another NPC mage).

We are not perfect, and we don't make it to every game. We all know that real life and family and work can interfere. What we are looking for is a relatively solid commitment to be present for most of the games so that the group is a cohesive team and that the story can be shared and enjoyed by all.

If you have questions, or want to know more, please PM me.

Thanks

Taoistpunk

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1407

taoistpunk
June 27th, 2015, 20:01
Wow...62 views and not one taker for the Wizard. It's all getting crushed by 5e.

I guess I'd rather go without than cycle through 50 though...

JohnD
June 27th, 2015, 22:35
I'd jump in but Sunday is kind of a family day in my household. Except for when The Walking Dead is on that is.

taoistpunk
June 28th, 2015, 01:03
No Issue...I'd have asked you earlier if I thought you might be avail, but somewhere I recall you saying Sunday was a no-go for you. I just find it hard to believe I haven't had at least a few interested parties.

damned
June 28th, 2015, 03:10
5e is stealing most of your potential players away....
Id target new players posting... prepare a 2 liner response - or even post a 2 paragraph recap of the previous session as a teaser. Hit up all those new players looking for 5e games.
Dont mention Castles&Crusades - it just confuses a lot of people.

taoistpunk
June 28th, 2015, 14:59
Yeah..did that, though I left CnC in. I'm not really looking for a total noob, it would slow things down quite a bit. I think If I omitted CnC it would cause some heavy turnover from the get-go...I'd rather focus on grabbing a player I can keep. Rest of the group is several years deep (Thank you FG!).

Maybe a rewrite though...that's not a bad thought. Thanks

5e is stealing most of your potential players away....
Id target new players posting... prepare a 2 liner response - or even post a 2 paragraph recap of the previous session as a teaser. Hit up all those new players looking for 5e games.
Dont mention Castles&Crusades - it just confuses a lot of people.

GunbunnyFuFu
August 6th, 2015, 22:05
Taoistpunk,

Did you get any takers on this? Just picked up CnC at GenCon and have the C&C ruleset for FGII. The time works well for me...I'd love to jump in!

GunbunnyFuFu

taoistpunk
August 11th, 2015, 21:43
Yup..I closed that as I filled the slot. My calendar link is busted..sorry for that. I'm maxxed at 5 players for now. I know it's tough to find a C&C group with a slot avail. The ruleset doesn't get as much attention as 5e or PF...keep looking, or better yet start your own campaign!! There are definitely folks out there. I found that posting in LFP as well as the C&C board helped me find my player.

Good luck, and if any slots open, I will PM you!

JohnD
August 11th, 2015, 23:30
Taoistpunk,

Did you get any takers on this? Just picked up CnC at GenCon and have the C&C ruleset for FGII. The time works well for me...I'd love to jump in!

GunbunnyFuFu

I have a spot on Friday night 8 to 11 pm every second week. Caveat is I am not planning on playing again until September. If you are interested let me know.

GunbunnyFuFu
August 12th, 2015, 00:44
JohnD,

What time zone? I unfortunately work 3rd shift, which means I'd have to bail by 10 pm Eastern.

JohnD
August 12th, 2015, 01:34
Hmm sorry, missed that. Yeah if you have to end by 10 Eastern, we don't get started until 9 Eastern, so it doesn't look like a good fit. Hope you find the right opportunity... C&C is a great system.

taoistpunk
August 12th, 2015, 15:43
FYI: I play in Johns Friday game and it's a good one...

John: Hope all is well...ping me as soon as fridays start up again!