PDA

View Full Version : Working on 2 computers

chrisiav
June 18th, 2015, 17:04
Is there a way to use Clouddrive or Dropbox to store the campaigns so that you can work on FG with 2 different computers. For instance, I like to work on my campaign at lunch with my Surface. At home (and for games that I want to run once I get up to speed) I want to use my desktop and bigger screen. I was wondering if I could put the campaign info in the cloud or even an external drive/flashdrive to move between the two comps.

Thanks for any help.

dulux-oz
June 18th, 2015, 17:07
Only by manually transferring the campaign folder from one PC to the other - various people have tried using Dropbox, etc, but its never really worked out well.

Trenloe
June 18th, 2015, 17:07
Is there a way to use Clouddrive or Dropbox to store the campaigns so that you can work on FG with 2 different computers.
Don't do this. There have been quite a few reports of campaign data being corrupted through using cloud synch solutions on the live FG data.

I was wondering if I could put the campaign info in the cloud or even an external drive/flashdrive to move between the two comps.
The best way would be to take a backup of the campaign you were working on (after you've exited FG), located at: <FG App Data>\campaigns\<campaign name> and put the backup on the cloud. Then, on your other PC, take the backup from the cloud and put it back in <FG App Data>\campaigns\<campaign name>. You can change the name of the <campaign name> directory to rename the campaign if you want.

Nylanfs
June 18th, 2015, 17:13
The other option you listed of using a flash drive works also.

Trenloe
June 18th, 2015, 17:19
The other option you listed of using a flash drive works also.
True. Don't lose it! :o

chrisiav
June 18th, 2015, 17:27
Got it. Thanks much for the info. And Dulux, thanks for the video tutorials. They've been a big help.

dulux-oz
June 19th, 2015, 02:02
You're welcome :)