PDA

View Full Version : Bard "Jack Of All Trades" ?

bnickelsen
June 18th, 2015, 14:06
How are people implementing this item? Or am I missing something on the character sheet?

TASagent
June 18th, 2015, 14:13
The skill proficiencies can be set (by clicking on the star next to each skill) to Proficient, Double Proficiency Bonus, Half Proficiency Bonus, and None. You want to set all of the bards non-proficient skills to "half proficiency bonus". EZPZ

bnickelsen
June 18th, 2015, 14:26
The skill proficiencies can be set (by clicking on the star next to each skill) to Proficient, Double Proficiency Bonus, Half Proficiency Bonus, and None. You want to set all of the bards non-proficient skills to "half proficiency bonus". EZPZ

Thank you..

Ventys
September 14th, 2021, 15:48
"Jack of all Trades; CHECK:[HPRF], all" works as a spell

Keijdn
March 29th, 2023, 10:01
I modified the effect to be viable for all plain attribute checks plus initiative + I removed the duration, so it won't run out in the combat tracker:
Jack of all Trades; CHECK: [HPRF], strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma, init; [SELF]
Additionally set all skills in the skill tab to half proficiency as mentioned above and you should be fine.

Edit: Ok, this doesn't work for skills you have proficiency in. There you also get a bonus, that you shouldn't get..... :-(

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2023, 15:12
I modified the effect to be viable for all plain attribute checks plus initiative + I removed the duration, so it won't run out in the combat tracker:
Jack of all Trades; CHECK: [HPRF], strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma, init; [SELF]
Additionally set all skills in the skill tab to half proficiency as mentioned above and you should be fine.

Edit: Ok, this doesn't work for skills you have proficiency in. There you also get a bonus, that you shouldn't get..... :-(

See the discussion here for more on Jack of All trades https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27331-Effects-The-Complete-Bard-Package

ThatDudeOverThere
March 29th, 2023, 16:14
If you are willing to load an extension, This one handles Jack of all Trades, Remarkable Athlete and Glibness.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?73707-5e-Jack-of-All-Trades-(and-Glibness)-extension-(FGU)&p=649799&highlight=#post649799

Keijdn
April 2nd, 2023, 09:39
Thanks for the hints, guys! I'm inclined to try out the extension, but so far the solution from the other thread helped me. This is what seems to work for me, now:
Jack of all Trades; CHECK:[HPRF];SKILL: [-HPRF], acrobatics, deception,insight,intimidation,perception,performa nce,persuasion,stealth; [SELF]

LordEntrails
April 2nd, 2023, 16:52
Why not just give half proficiency to all the skills on the skills tab of the character sheet? It's a pretty permanent ability and doing it on the abilities tab means you don't have to re-add the effect if you ever pull it off the CT.

Zacchaeus
April 2nd, 2023, 17:39
Why not just give half proficiency to all the skills on the skills tab of the character sheet? It's a pretty permanent ability and doing it on the abilities tab means you don't have to re-add the effect if you ever pull it off the CT.

Because CHECK:[HPRF] also gives you half proficiency to skills; so you'll get double proficiency bonus on skills if you also make them half proficient.

LordEntrails
April 2nd, 2023, 18:34
Because CHECK:[HPRF] also gives you half proficiency to skills; so you'll get double proficiency bonus on skills if you also make them half proficient.
Yea, don't add an effect, just change the skill tab on the character sheet. Am I missing something?
Like this:

Zacchaeus
April 2nd, 2023, 19:02
Yes. Jack of all Trades gives you half proficiency bonus on all ability checks. So if you make a strength check, for example, you get a half proficiency bonus - so you need CHECK:[HPRF] in order to do that (or I suppose you could just put a figure in the modifier box - or you could also put that effect on just before you make the check and make the effect be removed on next roll). You would also need an INIT:[HPRF} effect for initiative rolls if you don't use CHECK. SO I'd go with the CHECK and then remove the bonus from proficient skills. It's a bit long winded, sure. But it's fire and forget rather than any alternative approach.

LordEntrails
April 2nd, 2023, 23:54
Ah, ability checks, not just skill checks. Too often I forget to distinguish between the two :)