PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheet Question

bnickelsen
June 17th, 2015, 12:50
Q1: When you look at the Class & Level Pop out, the third field in is labeled Caster as you click in it you change the value from 1x to 1/2 ect. What is this?
Q2: In Spells"Spell/Ability use" Pop out on the Attack line. The field Base has three options (Group Atk+, Ability, Fixed) I get Ability but two are the other two used?

TASagent
June 17th, 2015, 13:02
That's for the classes whose levels only partially count towards spellcaster level. Ranger and Paladin are 1/2, and the arcane Rogue and Fighter builds are 1/3, I believe.

epithet
June 17th, 2015, 15:26
What function calls on "caster level"? I can't remember the PH or DMG even mentioning it.

TASagent
June 17th, 2015, 15:29
It's part of the multiclass rules. Check out the Spell Slots section.

TASagent
June 17th, 2015, 15:35
bnickelsen, for your edited-in question, you can click the magnifying glass on the Group header the ability is nested under (like Spells, or whatever you put into its Group box), and it lets you pick which stat is used for the group, thus all the child powers won't need to be manually edited if they're already set to Group Atk or Group Save. Fixed is what it sounds like, just a flat modifier, or "none".

Trenloe
June 17th, 2015, 15:38
Q2: In Spells"Spell/Ability use" Pop out on the Attack line. The field Base has three options (Group Atk+, Ability, Fixed) I get Ability but two are the other two used?
I'd recommend not adding new questions to already submitted posts. This doesn't flag the thread as having new posts/data so it will be very easy for people to miss.

Now, to your question: "Group" refers to the group that the individual spell/power is in. Click the magnifying glass in the group header - you'll see options to set the "Attack", this is what will be used for the "Group Atk" entry in a specific spell/power. "Fixed" allows you to put a fixed bonus in for this that spell/power.

Play around with them, put some data in and see how the entries update. You can have multiple windows open and as you change options you'll see how the data in the spells/powers changes.