PDA

View Full Version : *Answered, Ignore*

opuswild
June 16th, 2015, 23:34
Hey guys, new to Fantasy Grounds and trying to get acclimated before our first session using it on the weekend.

I was wondering.... When I make rolls in FG, only very rarely it seems to show my dice rolls in chat. I'd say like, 80%-90% of the time my rolls never show up in chat.

I've gone into options and made sure the show dice rolls and everything are enabled but still it happens....

I'm totally boggled as to what is making them show up and what is hiding them :S

Any ideas?

Thanks so much, really appreciate it!

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 23:51
How are you rolling? Are you double-clicking an ability/skill/attack on the character sheet or are you picking up the dice and "throwing" them?

If you're throwing them, you need to throw the dice into the top two-thirds of the chat window. Think of the chat window like a dice rolling box.

TASagent
June 16th, 2015, 23:51
Yep! If you roll onto the chatbox, the roll is announced, otherwise it's just a private roll.

opuswild
June 17th, 2015, 00:26
Oh wow. I am a huge dumb-dumb. Thanks a lot guys >.< haha.

dulux-oz
June 17th, 2015, 02:16
Just as a heads-up: This topic is covered in one of my Tutorial Videos, which are available from the FG Wiki (and from the links in my sig, below). If you're not aware of them, damns' are very good, as are Xorn's videos, and people say they like mine as well.

Just pointing them out to you (& others) who may not be aware of them :)

Cheers

opuswild
June 17th, 2015, 02:20
Thanks dulux! :)