PDA

View Full Version : Options tab

Adamfrost
June 16th, 2015, 18:23
there are some entries in the option tab that are not so clear to me and I haven't found any correspondence in any other ruleset guide.
Can anyone explain the meaning of these, please?
NPC: Rolls - Variable or Fixed (I did some tests with rolls but I haven't seen nothing different)
PC: Encumbrance - Standard or Variant (Encumbrance effect is not applied automatically, so I don't understand the point here)

Is there a hotkey to hide/show GM rolls in chat without going to options?

Thanks

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 18:45
NPC: Rolls - Variable or Fixed (I did some tests with rolls but I haven't seen nothing different)
This is to do with damage rolls. Some NPC entries have a fixed damage amount as well as the random. e.g. a Goblin does 5(1d6+2) slashing damage with it's scimitar. Fixed damage or Variable (random) damage will be applied to the NPC when it is dragged to the combat tracker based off the option selected at that point.

PC: Encumbrance - Standard or Variant (Encumbrance effect is not applied automatically, so I don't understand the point here)
It changes the "Encumbrance" controls at the bottom of the PC "Inventory" tab. To see the effect, have a PC sheet open when you change the option.

Is there a hotkey to hide/show GM rolls in chat without going to options?
To hide rolls type /die hide in the chat window. To show type /die reveal You can drag the text for these (don't press enter in the chat entry control) to the hotkey slots so you can use them quickly.

Adamfrost
June 16th, 2015, 19:02
Thanks man!

Tycandus
September 15th, 2015, 16:47
Is there Documentation anywhere on the options etc? A user guide that's up to date?

Trenloe
September 15th, 2015, 16:50
Is there Documentation anywhere on the options etc? A user guide that's up to date?
Generic options here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Options