PDA

View Full Version : Second monitor

elink2k
June 16th, 2015, 08:17
I use fantasy grounds to run my campaign with the players having printed pdf character sheets that I maintain in parallel based on the sheets in my fg campaign. I have the ability to use a projector as a second monitor. I would like to share pc maps and masked tactical maps on the second monitor. The only way I can figure to do this is if I run a player fg on the same computer and drag to second monitor or get a second computer to be the pc computer. What would you suggest... I don't want every player around the table to have a pc open.

damned
June 16th, 2015, 12:13
welcome elink2k - have the second session connect to localhost and do exactly as you are suggesting.
that is the most common way of doing it.

Loucifer
June 17th, 2015, 02:03
Although, if you got your copy of FG through steam, you will need to open FG for the second copy by launching the FG executable file (FantasyGrounds.exe) in the directory instead of using the steamlauncher (FGSteamLauncher.exe), which is what is used when you start from within the steam client.
Steam does not allow two copies to be run at same time using the link in your library.

Alternatively, you could run the program completely outside of steam, and avoid all this.

demonsbane
July 12th, 2015, 23:41
Steam does not allow two copies to be run at same time using the link in your library.

Alternatively, you could run the program completely outside of steam, and avoid all this.

This is a very good point.