PDA

View Full Version : D&D Lost Mine of Phandelver 5E

AxitMaster
June 15th, 2015, 15:58
Gamemaster AxitMaster (Time Zone: EET)
Number of players 4-4

Come and explore the D&D Lost Mine of Phandelver. Looking for a friendly group of players willing to put up with my first FG run game. We are looking to play evenings European Time.

Genre Fantasy D&D
Ruleset / Setting D&D 5E / Forgotten Realms
Starting level 1

Server address/alias cold bard idle vest
Server password

Please introduce yourself in this chat with a brief idea of what you would like to play in the game. It will be good to start mentioning the times you would be able to make game sessions so that we can work out a reasonable time all can agree to make it.

As I have mentioned I prefer a smaller group of 4 players, especially for this first time to keep things manageable.

Kane of DnD
June 15th, 2015, 17:00
I'll start by introducing myself. I'm a 28 year old freelancer (web developer) from Norway looking to get into a group of long-term roleplayers. I've played DnD since childhood but am new to 5E- though I've read the PH extensively to create a character I'll enjoy and that's unique to play, with a lot to offer in terms of being versatile.

I'm in GMT +1 and can play anytime, though I prefer if it's not too early or late during weekdays.

I'd like to run as a Cleric/Wizard multi with an emphasis on wizardry- or a simple Druid.

ripjames
June 15th, 2015, 17:19
I'll introduce myself as well. I am a 35 y/o Retail manager in Springfield, MO. I have not played 5E as of yet but I have read through the PHB and DMG and think I have a grasp on it. Being in the US the only days I would be able to play during the European Evening would be Sunday's and Monday's.

I am in the US Central time zone and as I said above I would probably be available on Sunday's and Mondays.

I have never played a Rogue type character and would like to give that a try. Also I am new to Lost mines.

AxitMaster
June 15th, 2015, 20:26
Hi there.

Personally I have run and played D&D in all of its formats since the 80's spending most of my time on 3.5 and Pathfinder skipping 4.0 due to long time off playing. Now I want to get back to both playing and running games and Fantasy Grounds looks like the perfect platform for this. All that remains to see is if my rusty skills can be dusted off.

Just to clarify on rules to be used for the game. As mentioned starting at level 1 and should level 6 at the end of this adventure. All PHB core player races and races will be accepted for player characters for the game and we will be making use of FEATs as a selectable option.

Anything else anyone would like to know please let me know.

Celeden
June 15th, 2015, 20:40
Hey, I'd be interested in playing. I've mostly only been a DM before so I'm always looking for an opportunity to play.
I can make any evening other than Wednesdays and Fridays (I'm a UK resident working 9-5) and I'd love to play a wizard (my previous characters have all been martial classes :P).
If there's anything more I should add... let me know :)

Gammling
June 16th, 2015, 20:20
My name is Magnus and from Sweden, I have always liked D&D , I have not played regular gamed sins 3.5 but now with FG , maybe I can get me back into the sadel.
I like to have an fairly even mix of the Roll and role play in the game.
Weekdays after 1900 GMT is the best for me.
cya

Creek Indian
June 16th, 2015, 21:20
I left my career so I could be a 29 yr old unemployed student, my name is Kenny and I'm from Texas. My D&D experience is limited I have played a bit of 4E.
I've had fantasy grounds for a good while but have yet to play in a group. I've got plenty of time now and flexible on character.

EET Time European evenings, Mon-Thurs after 7:30 & Fri-Sun anytime is brilliant!

NDDracula
June 17th, 2015, 00:23
Hi, im also looking for a D&D Group, Been wanting to play D&D for a while but limited player base in my area, I'm not a complete stranger to the game and now that I've found FG, l'd like to get a semi-regular game going with some players willing to help me learn more, as well as having a fun game. I have the Full version of FG, and D&D content available atm, will purchase Ultimate if needed. Also have hard copys of books for reference while playing, I'm looking to play D&D 5th Ed, any weekday after 6pm (CST) Weekends are pretty much open, and I have Skype, Vent, Hangouts and Teamspeak installed, though I'm willing to use pretty much anything if I need to.

Kane of DnD
June 17th, 2015, 11:30
Just a curiosity, AxitMaster;

Do we roll or use the standard point-buy system, etc? Would you consider letting us start with a character defining feat as a starting option to get some more interesting and unpredictable characters?

Celeden
June 17th, 2015, 12:29
Just a curiosity, AxitMaster;

Do we roll or use the standard point-buy system, etc? Would you consider letting us start with a character defining feat as a starting option to get some more interesting and unpredictable characters?

Good question :P If it only runs till level 6, too, having some more options for customization can be nice.

damned
June 17th, 2015, 12:33
NDDracula your timing must be driving you mad! Come and join us for something a little different at FGDaze :)
The 5e session is chockers (im looking for some more 5e GMs though) but I can highly recommend the Shadowrun and Starwars sessions and Fizban has run some great sessions at FGCon too.

Savage Worlds - War of the Dead (spots available)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1459
Star Wars - Force & Destiny (spots available)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1466
Shadowrun - Parliament of Thieves (spots available)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1470
Maelstrom RPG - The Fencing Masters (full)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1457
D&D5e - Foulness Beneath Mulmaster (full)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1460
Fate Core/Mass Effect - Murder at the 4th Star Hotel (spots available)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1462

Kane of DnD
June 20th, 2015, 05:05
Axitmaster? Any news?

AxitMaster
June 20th, 2015, 10:03
Hi

Sorry for forgetting character creation guidelines. I will set it out like this and hope it is reasonably clear.

Attributes:
Use 1) standard attribute selection 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 OR 27 point buy as per PHB.

Race:
All PHB races

Class:
All PHB classes

FEATS:
Feat rules allowed but ONLY human variant starting gets a Feat at level 1 all other races wait until level 3 for their first Feat. If human taking this option then you also get the bonus skill and loose the +1 All Attributes and get +1 to any two different attributes.

Hope you like as I want to keep it simple for now.

AxitMaster
June 22nd, 2015, 11:44
Ok

Sent out invites to Calendar session for the game with a proposed date and time for the first session. Hope you accept invites and can fill in characters.

Please note as mentioned I have the Ultimate License and also the Deluxe PHB library we all should be able to use. If you need help setting up a character let me know. Hopefully you can export the xml character and send it to me, Also if you want to set a time to talk on TeamSpeak or Skype with me just drop me a PM.

Kane of DnD
June 23rd, 2015, 10:26
Great.

I have the character idea down, but not the PHB-module for FG which makes it kind of a hassle. Could we set up a time for character creation beforehand- where you share the PHB-module? Would make it easier. Just post the time the server will be up so others also may create theirs :)

AxitMaster
June 23rd, 2015, 12:44
OK I will set the server up 2 hours before the game.

Also if anyone wants to talk before set another time to create let me know as I can set the server up other times too.

Celeden
June 23rd, 2015, 14:30
I made and exported a character sheet as an xml - can I send it to you for you to check it over?

Gads
June 23rd, 2015, 19:09
Hey AxitMaster,

I would really like to be considered, I know I'm coming in a little late with my request however I also live in Cape Town :)

I'm an old school gamer, also stemming from the 80s though haven't been active for sometime. I've recently purchased the 5e core rule books and own most D&D editions (except for 4e) as well as C&C, Swords & Wizardry, Merp, Rolemaster, T&T and several others.

I also enjoy board games.

My gaming has had to taken second place to my job and family and this was the reason for purchasing FG earlier in the year.

I'd like to play Orco, a male half-orc fighter who is rather dim and self-centered.

Hopefully you'll consider my calendar request.

AxitMaster
June 23rd, 2015, 19:35
Hi Caleden

Sure send the XML

AxitMaster
June 23rd, 2015, 19:39
Hi Gads

Glad to have you.

Gads
June 24th, 2015, 06:38
Hi Gads

Glad to have you.

Thanks AxitMaster. I'll get you my character sheet to you over the next couple of days. :-)

sanpats
June 29th, 2015, 10:03
Is it too late to join?

Gammling
July 2nd, 2015, 21:09
There might be a spot . But PM axe .

AxitMaster
July 2nd, 2015, 21:12
Hey Sanpats

Should be a spot if you can make it.

Gammling
July 2nd, 2015, 21:13
I had funn last time.
Remrmber to check the game kalender for mext session!

��

sanpats
July 2nd, 2015, 21:33
On next Monday, correct? May I ask if anyone missing in the first session, so I can make my character to suitably replace him.

Gammling
July 3rd, 2015, 21:23
Someting with stealt capabiliyttys would be nice.

Gammling
July 5th, 2015, 17:57
Remember to Sign , on the calendar!

sanpats
July 6th, 2015, 13:18
I have an unexpected RL business, so must resign.

Asturcan
July 9th, 2015, 11:24
Hi, I'm Asturcan. I'm Canadian, although living now in Spain. 41 year old Engineer - so I think I'm the oldest so far. During my younger years in Canada I played AD&D 2nd Ed. Haven't played for a long time but discovered the new D&D 5Ed, but nowbody likes playing here in Spain. So I discovered FG and thought of giving it a try.
I'm an engineer, but recently I've changed profesion and now I'm teaching English at my own school. I'm in European time zone, so that won't be a problem and I could conect some days of the week - depending on work.
I have a copy of the players handbook, and made my own character, using my original stats from my old character from 2nd Ed., but adapted to 5e.

Looking forward to play.

Asturcan.

damned
July 9th, 2015, 11:42
Welcome Asturcan! plenty of old timers here... :)

AxitMaster
July 9th, 2015, 12:30
Welcome Asturcan :)

Sorry but I got you beat - played D&D original box set before moving on the 1st edition. Man those older versions really bring back the memories. 1st and 2nd were trully quite different, if I remember correctly it was really with 2nd that they went mad with all the additional book expansions - race, class, everything had its book.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next session.

Asturcan
July 9th, 2015, 17:29
Yes that's true AxitMaster. Spent a whole lot of cash on additional books for that.

But after that I stopped, haven't played 3ed, 3.5 nor 4ed. Came back with 5ed, and so far they are keeping it simple.

Do we start tonight? I can conect now.

Asturcan
July 11th, 2015, 18:52
Hi AxitMaster,

Had a great time last Thursday! Looking forward to next Monday and meet all the guys. Hello to all!

Gammling
July 13th, 2015, 15:05
Nice to Hear!
Cya all tonight!

AxitMaster
July 16th, 2015, 18:47
Hi there

We have two new players which I hope will post here soon and join our game.

Asturcan
July 19th, 2015, 18:02
Hello AxitMaster, Hi to all.

I'm sorry but I don't think I can make it for tomorrow's game session. Like I said last week I'm on Holidays and it will be difficult to find a good Wifi connection and have that time slot free, instead of spending time with my family. If for some reason I have free time at that time and find a good wifi connection I'll let you know.

Have fun and hope to see you soon.

Sorry guys,
AsturCan

Honken
July 21st, 2015, 11:30
Damned pointed me in this direction...

Is there a calender entry for this?

/H

damned
July 21st, 2015, 13:18
Ahhh it would have made sense to include that in my post to you!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1455

There are unfortunately a lot of drop outs or no shows so dont worry about the large number of names on the calendar.
Axit - you should clean up those no shows.

Honken
July 21st, 2015, 13:58
Well, I have not decided real yet. Is this going to be a text only game?

The problem I have is that i GM 2 games, one weekly, and one every third week. As it is now, I am having a vacation, so that is no problem, but the problem arises when i start working again...

/H

AxitMaster
July 21st, 2015, 14:46
Hi Honken

If you can make it then we will be glad to have you. As Damned mentioned there are some people who cant or have not made it to sessions. As for the Day and time this is not set in stone as I for one am extremly flexible on times.

Hope to see you. If you can arrange an earlier time before the next game for character creation this would be preferable so as not to delay others when game is on.

Let me know.

AxitMaster
July 21st, 2015, 14:55
Hi sorry Honken did not answer your question. We usually use TeamSpeak server for chat in game.

Honken
July 22nd, 2015, 12:45
Hi Honken

If you can make it then we will be glad to have you. As Damned mentioned there are some people who cant or have not made it to sessions. As for the Day and time this is not set in stone as I for one am extremly flexible on times.

Hope to see you. If you can arrange an earlier time before the next game for character creation this would be preferable so as not to delay others when game is on.

Let me know.

Well, since I have a vacation at the moment I can almost always. Except thursday.

/H

AxitMaster
July 22nd, 2015, 12:58
How about game time on calander today?

Honken
July 22nd, 2015, 13:01
And now to the introduction. I am an Swedish crane operator, and work at a trash burning powerplant. I am at present 47, I have used FG on and off since 2008. I have played RPGs since the early eighties when i was introduced to it by a friend playing what i think was the red box D&D. A couple of years later i found a Swedish game called Drakar & Demoner (which is basicly a Basic Roleplaying game). I upgraded to Rune Quest 3e. I would say that at present, my favourite system is FFG's Star Wars series (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and destiny), and i prefer skill based systems.

At the moment, I play Call of Cthulhu campaign, Rogue Trader and D&D 4e. And i GM Dungeon World and Star Wars Age of Rebellion (the later is on hiatus because of Dungeon World).

Over FG, I am restarting my Traveller GURPS with my friends. I live about 130 km away from them so FG is the easiest way to play.

/H

Honken
July 22nd, 2015, 13:10
How about game time on calander today?

Sure! When?

/H

AxitMaster
July 24th, 2015, 10:12
Hmm I have two games today and tomorrow.

Today is now and at 5 PM GMT
Tomorrow is 11 AM and 4 PM.

Perhaps if you could make it early on Monday?

Honken
July 24th, 2015, 12:20
Sure, that works for me.

/H

flashingturtle
July 24th, 2015, 16:39
Hi there, thanks for the invite, i am 37 and i live in the uk. I did a lot of AD&D and 2e back in the day and just got into 5e recently after seeing all the good reviews. Had one or two games and i think its great.

New to Fantasy Grounds and looking forward to having a game.

If you let me know the group composition I'm happy to play anything and I'm free most nights from 6 uk time until 10 or 11 ish, and most weekends

flashingturtle
July 28th, 2015, 00:22
great game last night, enjoyed it a lot

damned
July 28th, 2015, 01:37
... i GM Dungeon World and...

because Im good at OT - are you playing Dungeon World via Fantasy Grounds or Roll20 or in Person?

flashingturtle
July 28th, 2015, 08:36
hi guys, regarding last nights game and teamspeak, i have looked at a few forums and I've got a feeling i might have had 'priority speaker' toggled on, which mutes everyone else when i hit my ptt button, which would make sense.

I've tried to change this on the ts server but i don't have permissions, maybe we could have a look at the start of the next session, hopefully this is the cause.

cheers and thanks for everyones patience

damned
July 28th, 2015, 08:38
If you are online still - can you logon to TS and join your channel and Ill have a quick look?

flashingturtle
July 28th, 2015, 09:01
thanks damned, it might be something to do with my bluetooth headset, either way ill try and get it fixed for next week

Gammling
July 28th, 2015, 13:08
great game last night, enjoyed it a lot

+1 :)

flashingturtle
August 2nd, 2015, 22:49

AxitMaster
August 3rd, 2015, 16:12
Definately a slot free as people have not updated their calader acceptance for tonight. Presently only 3 confirmed and they will be glad to have a 4th.

Asturcan
August 9th, 2015, 11:49
Hello,

I'm back from my vacation and tomorrow I will be able to join if there still is space for one.

Asturcan

AxitMaster
August 13th, 2015, 15:52
Hi Asturcan

Sorry you could not make it last Monday. Hope yuou can come on the 17th.

TangoArgentine
August 14th, 2015, 18:36
Hello!

I am looking for a group to join in GMT, do you have any spaces for a fairly experienced, although new to 5e, gamer?

AxitMaster
August 14th, 2015, 20:14
Hi

You would be most welcome to pop in to see on Monday when we play. Currently I have 4 and two who havve indicated that they will be at the game. However if you want you can be the first backup should either of them fail to make it.

Sorry I cant make a better promise but I will not know who is there till the game starts.

TangoArgentine
August 17th, 2015, 15:04
Hi Ax,

I'm free tonight so if you need the backup, let me know!

flashingturtle
August 17th, 2015, 22:28

AxitMaster
August 18th, 2015, 00:23
You forgot to take a number for service.

Szabtom
October 5th, 2015, 10:47
Hi AxitMaster,
Have you finished LMoP yet? Hope you guys are having fun. I am DMing the same currently but would love to join a game as a player if you decide to continue with another story. I can play evenings on weekdays in European TZ. Would very much enjoy bringing a wizard.

AxitMaster
October 5th, 2015, 12:54
Hi there.

Well players are currently stuck in the manor playing hide and seek with Glassstaff who has actually already left the building after the players have left twice to rest up in town and still have rooms to clear (Prison, Storage and Crypt tho already met the undead from there)
Presently we had to restart due to original players just not pitching :cry: and the players managed to get to Sildar easily as they woke up tied up with him lol. They just got free and killed the critters in the room.
As for space there should still be a slot. I have the following games going at the moment:
1) LMoP - Monday and there should be a spot open for you
2) Out of the Abyss - Tuesday, just started and I have only got 4 players right now so plenty of space
3) Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Wednesday and got 8 !!!!! players which is over the normal max of 6

So if you would like to join us tonight or tomorrow you are most welcome. If possible I would like to talk to you and create character before the start of game time which is 7 PM on GMT +2 (Central European timezone).

Just let me know as creation needs to be done before start time as players want to get started and not sit about while someone creates a character. This is most important for the OotA Wednesday game as I need to work you into the plot as a late started who was there from the beginning for a few reasons.

So let me know.

BlissfulFury
October 5th, 2015, 16:19
Hey Axti sorry about last time I just fell asleep from being up 48 hours

Szabtom
October 5th, 2015, 19:13
Wow Axitmaster, three campaigns!
I am DMing LMoP currently, so I know it inside out, and the HotDQ party is full, so... Out of the Abyss it is! Tuesday evenings will work for me very well.
If we can create my character tomorrow then I would be happy to jump in and join the evening game. I am available tomorrow 11-13 or 16-17 CET to meet and prepare. I would love me a wizard character but I am OK to consider other options if the party is full of arcane casters. :)

AxitMaster
October 6th, 2015, 05:56
I will be on at least 1 hour before the start time. See you then.

Szabtom
October 7th, 2015, 09:06
Hi AxitMaster,
Thank you for the game last night, I really enjoyed it. Kudos to you for your incredible superhuman amount of patience while getting all players and characters set!

AxitMaster
October 7th, 2015, 09:31
Lol I could tell you stories about people who put up with me while I was learning and getting into games. Just returning some of the patience they showed me.