PDA

View Full Version : GM question

lee10397
June 15th, 2015, 05:42
I just started using FG with C&C. At the moment my gamers can not see my rolls but when using the automatic combat system they can see if i hit them. Is there any way to disable this? There maybe times I want to adjust damage or have a monster miss but that is hard to do if they can see Attack [17] -> [at XXX] [HIT].

Also is there a way to have spell dmg auto rolled and applied to monsters?

Thanks so much in advance.

=)

damned
June 15th, 2015, 06:50
Hi lee10397 and welcome.
If you are using Combat Automation they will see the attack results.
If you are fudging rolls you need to roll manually or apply a -X number in the modifier before the roll. Suggestion - if you are doing this keep the -ive number less than the Monsters HD otherwise you could end up with negative numbers showing in the Chat Window.
Additional things you can do - reduce the monsters HP, change their damage die down etc.
Better off not fudging the rolls though... let them learn some commonsense :)

you might find these useful too: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsgd1zJLdiKUrEd85Dqr6UcaaLvD7YlJd

lee10397
June 15th, 2015, 14:58
Thanks Damned. I really appreciate it!

lee10397
June 16th, 2015, 20:42
I had another quick question. What are the attacks per round in the C&C set? For instance I cant seem to find a rate of fire table for bows. For melee is seems like everyone only has 1 attack per round with no progression other than class abilities is this correct? Thanks again guys!

JohnD
June 17th, 2015, 05:34
Fighters get a 2nd attack at 10th level I believe.

damned
June 17th, 2015, 12:16
I had another quick question. What are the attacks per round in the C&C set? For instance I cant seem to find a rate of fire table for bows. For melee is seems like everyone only has 1 attack per round with no progression other than class abilities is this correct? Thanks again guys!

For the most part C&C is 1 attack per round.

lee10397
June 24th, 2015, 22:28
Thanks again guys. I really appreciate all the help!

JohnD
June 24th, 2015, 23:18
There is the optional rule in the CKG that allows bow fire at up to four attacks/round.

damned
June 25th, 2015, 00:10
There is the optional rule in the CKG that allows bow fire at up to four attacks/round.

I have several CKGs and the FG version and you know Ive never even peeked inside!

dr_venture
June 25th, 2015, 22:13
Fighters also get an Ability which allows them to make 2 attacks per round against low level creatures at around 4th or 5th level.

JohnD
June 25th, 2015, 22:48
Fighters also get an Ability which allows them to make 2 attacks per round against low level creatures at around 4th or 5th level.

Combat Dominance IIRC.

damned
June 26th, 2015, 01:29

your not confusing the Fighter with the Barbarian here?

Andraax
June 26th, 2015, 01:41
your not confusing the Fighter with the Barbarian here?

Combat Dominance on the Fighter, starts at 4th level. The Barbarian has Whirlwind Attack starting at 4th level, but it's usable only once per encounter.

damned
June 26th, 2015, 09:30
Combat Dominance on the Fighter, starts at 4th level. The Barbarian has Whirlwind Attack starting at 4th level, but it's usable only once per encounter.

I just realised we didnt have a fighter in the group and thats why I never saw that skill!
Barbarian, Ranger, Cleric, Rogue, Druid, Monk, Wizard and for a short while - a Knight.

JohnD
June 26th, 2015, 14:19
I just realised we didnt have a fighter in the group and thats why I never saw that skill!
Barbarian, Ranger, Cleric, Rogue, Druid, Monk, Wizard and for a short while - a Knight.

Living dangerously.

damned
June 26th, 2015, 14:43
Living dangerously.

Oh no - the barbarian was unstoppable.