PDA

View Full Version : Bard Healing Word

harrisben
June 15th, 2015, 02:49
In the description of this spell it says:

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

How can I make it so that it actually does add in my spellcasting ability modifier - in this case charisma?

WhtZombie
June 15th, 2015, 03:35
Here is how I have it. Click the spyglass near #1 and set the ability as CHA. The spyglass at #2 lets you edit, in this case Healing Word, the actual spell. As you can see my Stat is Base, the CHA I set from #1. If for some reason you have a spell that would use something else you can change this setting for something that comes up. I am by no means a Pro user of FG and there may be a more elegant method but that is what I have figured out so far. I am sure others will chime in and lend a hand.

harrisben
June 15th, 2015, 05:00
That's brilliant, I don't mind having to set that the once. I didn't even know that was there :)

Really helpful answer - thanks so much!

Larac
June 16th, 2015, 00:17
It should work on new chars except Warlocks but if the char was made before last update it does not work.

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 00:32
It should work on new chars except Warlocks but if the char was made before last update it does not work.
That statement is a bit confusing... Did you mean to say that this casting stat will be set automatically when a spell casting class is added to the character sheet since the most recent update, before that the casting stat had to be set once manually?

The casting stat has always worked in the save calculation, it just had to be manually set once in the spell class before the last update.