PDA

View Full Version : A Little Praise

M.A.T.T.
December 15th, 2004, 10:40
Well I have been hankering after a tool like this for a while now and finally someone has seen to produce one with the quality look and feel that I would expect.

All Praise to the team at Smite Works. Great job.
I hope you go from strength to strength, there is a lot of potential here.

:)

M.A.T.T.
Circle of Four (https://www.circleoffour.co.uk)

HisDivineShadow
December 16th, 2004, 20:58
Yeah, it looks well cool. I'm going to download the demo! :D

WolfStar76
December 17th, 2004, 15:53
Chipping in my $.02.

The software looks great, and is easy to use. The interface take a *little* getting used to (right-clicking in one place differs greatly from right-clicking just a few pixels left or right), but will only keep getting better I'm sure.

My friends and I smacked the demo around a little last night and I've already purchased the Full version.

I'm quite happy, as this is something I've wanted for some time as well.

M.A.T.T.
December 17th, 2004, 15:57
Thanks for the input WolfStar76. It's great to hear people working with it.

How do your players feel about purchasing the Lite Version?

WolfStar76
December 17th, 2004, 16:00
Well, I'm not going to be the main GM for this campaign, so there will likely be one more Full Version purchase (I'm just too much of a geek to not get the full version and see all the toys - plus I'm the tecnical one of our group, so I had to figure out how to setup the "host" thorough firewalls and things first - then I'll teach our GM).

As for the Lite version - $20 seems a fair price. . . nobody balked at it, though we're counting on a good 15 minute orientation the first time we play. :)

Bitr_Haag
December 17th, 2004, 21:08
Willingness to pay the LITE or FULL version prices is unique to the buyer. None of my friends are balking at $20 to have the opportunity to connect remotely instead of waiting for that once or twice a year we have our schedules coordinated to meet and play.

I think the LITE version is still cheaper than buying a game off the shelf or paying an MMORPG monthly fees. I just consider it part of the cost of playing the game (ie Player's Handbook, DMG, dice, etc...)

So far, the game seems to be living up to its billing. I'm having trouble getting used to some of the features and I have to play with others to make sure it's gonna work with how we play. Like any software program, it'll take some time to become familiar. I wish some things were automated (calculations, etc...) but I have to go back to this question:

"What would I have to do if I was sitting around a table w/ pencil & paper?"

Thus far the answer has been, "same thing I'm doing now... looking it up".

This is already a solid tool that will get better.