PDA

View Full Version : Help Please, downloaded and viewed LMoP Saturday morning, by Sat night I cannot load

ScooterZ
June 14th, 2015, 23:20
First post here I believe.
Hello everyone and thank you ahead of time for the help.
I downloaded FG and the 5e core files Wednesday or Thursday this past week.
I downloaded the LMoP Friday or Saturday. Saturday morning I was reading the module.
Now... I can't find it.
When I do an update, it is physically checking for updates for the module, but nothing is available in the Library/Modules.
Has anyone ever run into this issue before?
I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, and I made sure to download the correct FG.. That works fine with the above exception.
Thank you

-- S

damned
June 14th, 2015, 23:30
Go into your 5e Campaign and go to Library and then Modules and make sure that the book icon is Open.
It should then appear in the Story, NPCs, Encounters and Images sections.

Trenloe
June 14th, 2015, 23:33
Make sure you have your FG website username and password entered in the FG settings screen, then run an update. Afterwards, open up a 5E campaign and see if the module has appeared in Library -> Modules.

ScooterZ
June 14th, 2015, 23:42
Thank you for the responses.
I've done the update many times and have checked the modules under library. its not there.
I have double checked my order history and it does show the purchase on the 13th. And I have read the module within FG.
I just don't understand this.

ScooterZ
June 14th, 2015, 23:44
Would there be any harm in uninstalling and reinstalling the FG software and updating with the core files and LMoP?

Trenloe
June 14th, 2015, 23:45
Would there be any harm in uninstalling and reinstalling the FG software and updating with the core files and LMoP?
Backup your <FG App data>\campaigns directory first (just in case). Then try an uninstall/reinstall.

damned
June 14th, 2015, 23:46
So what else changed on Saturday?
Did you change any file paths or locations?
You can go into your Fantasy Grounds data folder and delete the content.dat and content.dat.tmp (if it exists) files and the 5e stauff will redownload again.
Did you check your settings above as Trenloe suggests as well?

ScooterZ
June 14th, 2015, 23:51
Other than getting the port opened by my provider, nothing happened with FG or my computer.
And it was after that (the port), when I was able to read the module. So none of that looks to be the root cause.
I have gone to settings and downloaded again and again. I have a few pics to reassure a friend from the forum that i'm doing everything right. if those are allowed to be uploaded...

JohnD
June 15th, 2015, 00:08
I've been trying to help. SZ has his forum user name in the Settings screen and when he does an update, it does check for LMoP. When he loads a 5E campaign, he has the option to select the LMoP specific desktop theme. He has the MM and Core PHB files - they show up in activate modules, but LMoP is nowhere to be seen there.

ScooterZ
June 15th, 2015, 00:20
Thanks JohnD for helping with that.
I actually went to uninstall FG... I can't seem to find it in my Remove Programs list??
I did remove the content.dat file but the other was nowhere to be found, neither was the data folder

ddavison
June 15th, 2015, 00:20
Hello ScooterZ, would you mind emailing a copy of your update.log file from your root application data folder? You can send it to [email protected]

Everything looks in order from the server end and I show that you have ordered LMOP on a 2nd order from the original. Are you running in LIVE, TEST or DEV mode in your Settings?

ScooterZ
June 15th, 2015, 00:24
Thank you and email has been sent.
I'm running LIVE mode in my settings

JohnD
June 15th, 2015, 00:26
He's on Live.

ScooterZ
June 15th, 2015, 00:38
How do I remove this if its not in my Remove Programs?
<C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II>
is this the correct directory it should be save in for win 8.1 64 bit?

JohnD
June 15th, 2015, 00:42
Data directory should look something like; C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II

Application directory (unless you changed it at install); C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II

Might look a little different in W8; not sure.

JohnD
June 15th, 2015, 01:13
I don't always quote myself but when I do... it's to observe that ScooterZ has the Basic Rules in addition to the Core PHB... am I right in remembering they are redundant with the Core PHB?

ScooterZ
June 15th, 2015, 02:19
I actually don't know how I got them on my list. I might have selected them I don't recall.
But I didn't purchase them. If I understand it, I could make it so the players ONLY see the basic rules even if I have the PHB, and remove their viewing of the PHB. Would this be accurate?

damned
June 15th, 2015, 03:04
you could do that ScooterZ but it is best to use one or the other.

ddavison
June 15th, 2015, 03:41
The basic rules modules come with the Lost Mine of Phandelver module.

ScooterZ
June 16th, 2015, 04:18
I cannot find Fantasy Ground or Smite Works in my Remove Programs

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 05:05
Did you install it as a different user?

You should be able to find it anyway. From your Windows 8 main screen (where all the charms are) start typing "Fantasy Grounds" - you'll see Windows search finding files related to Fantasy Grounds (you probably won't even have to type if all) - one of them will be "Uninstall", run that...

JohnD
June 16th, 2015, 05:22
The basic rules modules come with the Lost Mine of Phandelver module.

Hmm... OK I did not know that. But... their presence seems even more confusing then if the actual LMoP itself is 'missing' but they are there (isn't it?).

ScooterZ
June 16th, 2015, 05:58
Did you install it as a different user?

You should be able to find it anyway. From your Windows 8 main screen (where all the charms are) start typing "Fantasy Grounds" - you'll see Windows search finding files related to Fantasy Grounds (you probably won't even have to type if all) - one of them will be "Uninstall", run that...

There's only my wife's and my ID. Only installed and used on my id.

ScooterZ
June 16th, 2015, 06:04
I went to uninstall as directed, said Yes to the question if I was sure.
Then it said it could not list all installed files and if still wanted to continue. Selected Yes
FG is still there.
Did this twice.
Now time for bed

ScooterZ
June 17th, 2015, 06:27
Still not able to launch the LMoP adventure.
Still not able to uninstall FG
Happy I got FG
Worried I can't use it in time for my campaign to get started.

Trenloe
June 17th, 2015, 11:30
Open FG. Click the settings button. Make a note of the two directories listed towards the top of the settings window. Close settings and FG.

Using windows explorer make a backup of any campaign data and tokens you have added to the data directory.

Using windows explorer delete both of the directories you noted in the settings window. Make sure both directories are completely deleted.

Then try a reinstall.

ScooterZ
June 18th, 2015, 04:49
Open FG. Click the settings button. Make a note of the two directories listed towards the top of the settings window. Close settings and FG.

Using windows explorer make a backup of any campaign data and tokens you have added to the data directory.

Using windows explorer delete both of the directories you noted in the settings window. Make sure both directories are completely deleted.

Then try a reinstall.

This worked sir.
I do now have The Lost Mine of Phandelver in my library
Thank you very much

Trenloe
June 18th, 2015, 05:12
Glad we got it working in the end. Sounds like your original install didn't complete fully.

JohnD
June 18th, 2015, 05:46
This worked sir.
I do now have The Lost Mine of Phandelver in my library
Thank you very much

Now get DMing and playing! :D