PDA

View Full Version : Par5e new races into PHB?

TalonHawk
June 14th, 2015, 22:10
Long story short, want to add the changeling race to my character options.

Is there a way (extension?) to have this race come up when opening the player's handbook races instead of having to go to a different document to select it?

For that matter, is it possible to do that with other things as well? I'd like to add some or all of the unearthed arcana articles into the PHB if possible. I've already used Par5e for a few things so have a basic understanding of it (great program by the way!).

Thanks for any responses!

Zacchaeus
June 14th, 2015, 22:49
You won't be able to use par5e to integrate things into the official PHB since the files for it are encrypted. If you want the things you say you will have to create your own module using par5e to get them into a campaign. You can however have that available at the same time as the PHB without their being any conflicts.

Larac
June 15th, 2015, 04:18
I made a book for Elemental Evil and I am using that to put in all the extras and Home Brew.

The players have to ref. both but it seems with WOTC that is the best we can expect.

If you parse EE beware the spell names, they cap in one area and not the other, also I think I recall the schools were added in one area caused issue.

Great book the start Parse with though.

TalonHawk
June 15th, 2015, 07:40
Thanks for the info, guys. I guess I'll just have to get used to opening different things. Although I suppose I can put all my stuff in a single add-on to make it somewhat easier.

By the way, thanks for the head's up on EE. I am purchasing PotA as soon as it shows up on Fantasy Grounds' store. Debating on whether to do LMoP for group first or not.

In the process of transferring our group's 5e playtest characters (and a few custom items) into FG, and I have to say, I think WoTC made a great choice in that FG gives you automation without sticking you on rails, can you use all or only some of the features as you want, and the ability for customization is great.

Only nitpicks are wanting the character sheet to keep track of certain things a bit better and that FG had native printing for the sheets with customizable output. I've only found the one way to print the sheets through a website, and I really wish it had slightly larger font and a character portrait on the main page. But anyway, I'm getting totally off topic now.. lol

GunnarGreybeard
June 15th, 2015, 07:59
It's not ideal but I am creating both a PHB and MM module for my homebrew stuff using Par5e. At some point I will use them to completely replace the current official 5e for a new campaign. All new custom classes, races, backgrounds and monsters and the stuff I have done so far works, just taking a lot of time, but it can be done.