PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding - Any Suggestions (not Hamachi)?

opuswild
June 14th, 2015, 06:53
Hey there, so I just picked up Fantasy Grounds, love it. But I can't get my connection going at all....

I'm tried everything I can possibly think of to get port 1802 forwarded. I put rules in Windows Firewall for inbound and outbound, added an entry in my router, tried disabling firewalls on both the router and windows, tried using programs to automatically set the port forwarding for me in case I screwed it up somehow, nothing....

Software is pretty useless if I can't get my players connected to me :(

I'd rather not have to use another software like Hamachi to load up Fantasy grounds, just feels clunky and I'd rather avoid it....

Anyone have some ideas of what might work? Just spent the last 4 hours trying every solution I can find and it's driving me insane....

Thanks a lot, have a good day!

damned
June 14th, 2015, 08:20
sent you a PM.

Aaron
June 15th, 2015, 09:53
This may not work for you, but it worked for me, and was required so that I could port forward 1802.

I turned off PnP, set the port forward, assigned it to my PC, and then re-enabled PnP. It wouldn't set without doing this for some reason, so might be worth a try?

I wish you luck.

opuswild
June 25th, 2015, 01:02
Turned out the place I'm at is using two routers (I'm visiting here for four months). So I needed to set forwarding for the other router as well....heh.

Damned helped me out QUITE a lot and remoted into my system to figure it out for me. Quality person he is! Major props.

donpaulo
December 14th, 2016, 08:43
howdi folks, having some trouble port forwarding 1802

Rather than make a new thread I will just bump this one in hopes of some help.

Going to list what I have done and tried so far

canyouseeme shows an error

windows firewall I created a TCP 1802 new rule. The rule shows up with the port number ok, but still no luck from canyouseeme. In the off chance I need to reboot I will try this before posting. (nope no luck with that)

Here are the specifics

I have 2 separate Win 8.1 computers sharing a wire connection to an NTT router but they are not networked yet.
There is also a hub.
Don't ask why the reason is very stupid and will frustrate you, however I do have plans to link them at some point in the near future.
I will also need to install a wireless Tenda router I just bought this month.
Yes I am a slacker...

I am in way over my head. I know enough to know I don't know the answer and am hoping a kind soul can get me over the finish line.

Anyway just in case

Looking forward to someone telling me how I have the strangest computer they have ever seen after a remote look :) FYI thats happened to me more than once lol

thanks in advance, your humble servant:hurt:

damned
December 14th, 2016, 10:15
if you are still online pm me your email address and ill have a look with you.

donpaulo
December 14th, 2016, 13:15
you saved my bacon

again

thanks so much