PDA

View Full Version : [FGDAZE] Maelstrom RPG - The Fencing Masters

damned
June 14th, 2015, 03:09
Players new to RPGs, new to Maelstrom and new to Fantasy Grounds are welcome.

Play Time - Check Calendar for Conversion - 11pm Sydney (AET +10)
Genre - Historical/Investigative with some low level magick
Ruleset/Setting - Maelstrom RPG

Calendar sign up and time-check here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1457).

A feud has broken out between the great fencing masters M. St. Pierre, head of Fraternity Sainte-Didier, and Master Signor Sapristi, head of Fraternity di Giganti over a demonstration event at the residence of Viscount de Bouvard patron of M. St Pierre. Our small band of heroes are students of M. St. Pierre and must investigate.
This session will be running using the Maelstrom RPG rules with some small modifications.
Players will be required to use their wits as well as their swords.
This session will run for 3-5 players – no experience with Maelstrom RPG is required. Pre-Gens will be provided.

LordEntrails
June 17th, 2015, 04:39
Looking forward to it. So much so I signed up for a game that starts at 6am my time *G*
New to FG & Maelstrom, but not RPGs.

If there is any suggested pre-reading on the system, please feel free to post. Also, assuming discussion is better here than on the calendar forum, but let me know if I[m wrong. I don't have much a preference on which character so we can see what others prefer.

damned
June 17th, 2015, 12:28
LordEntrails there is a free quick start here: https://www.rpgnow.com/product/134783/Maelstrom-Domesday-Quickstart?src=fg-con.com
It is using a variation of the rules we are using. This game is pretty much historical fiction but there is a chance that there is some low level magic involved.

Most of the characters are pretty handy with a sword or other weapon. They each have some different specialties.

Marius the Monk, Romain the Boatsman, Nestor de Rohan, Stepan the Scribe and Sylvestre the Soldier

Ellspeth
June 17th, 2015, 13:54
Okay I have the downloads, looking forward to this. I love the idea we can look forward to a collection of one shots every few months to choose from. I have been playing only a year and a half now and it provides an opportunity to try different rulesets and settings. Maybe by next year this time I will have learned enough to run a game since I did invest in the ultimate license. I have to say since coming to the Fantasy Grounds forums and games I have met the most amazingly fun people from all over the world, and have become an absolute addict in 18 months. Do let me know if anyone ever offers a 12 step program for RPG players.

damned
June 25th, 2015, 01:27
Latest ruleset here: https://www.fg-con.com/maelstrom-rpg-maelstrom-domesday/
v0.98 is now available with some significant improvements.

And a one shot this Saturday 27th June with room for one more -

[FGDAZE] Maelstrom - Fencing Masters - Noobs Welcome (1 spot available)
FGDaze One Shot - Fencing Masters. This is a one shot session for FG Daze and will run for 4 hours. No Fantasy Grounds or Ruleset experience is required. Pregens supplied. Headset and Mic required. Please have Fantasy Grounds and Teamspeak installed and updated prior to joining the session.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1457

LordEntrails
June 28th, 2015, 00:18
Thanks Damned, enjoyed the game this morning. I hope I get the chance to play with you again.

damned
June 28th, 2015, 03:21
Thanks for playing Lord Entrails, Werd, Rougue, Ellspeth and Ryan (Ive forgotten your username!).

Ellspeth
June 28th, 2015, 15:30
Actually we want to thank you Damned for running a great game, giving us an opportunity to try something new, meet new players, all of it. In fact I would like to thank all of the amazing GM's and the admins of FG Forums for doing such an awesome job of setting this up on fairly short notice, to all of those making such amazing efforts to open up the world of RPG's and making the Fantasy Grounds community a fun, friendly, welcoming place. And to Smiteworks for having created a product that has opened up the this fantastically fun hobby to people who had no real access before, bringing people together from all over the world for a chance to share fun and laughter, two things this world is in desperate need of. Hats off to ALL of you, I look forward to the next FGDaze to see if I can try yet another new ruleset.