PDA

View Full Version : Let's play some Deadlands Noir

ransolot
June 14th, 2015, 02:46
Ok, so I am going to try this again. I really enjoy this module and would love to run it for some of you. Here is the game info-

FG License: GM has Full so players need a licence
Game System: Savage Worlds- Deadlands Noir
Time Zone: Pacific Time USA
Day of week and time: Thursdays starting at 6 pm, running until 9pm
Planned start date: 6-18-15 or as soon as we have players
Planned Frequency: Weekly, sometimes every other week could happen, but we will be shooting for weekly.
Term: Working through a module and will be done as a group when that is over
Text or Voice: Text ONLY.
Roleplay & Combat mix: about 80/20
Number of Players in game & needed: 2-3. No more, no less
Character starting level & equipment: Novice characters. It would be nice to get a solid group. Also, play a character to FIT THE STORY, don't BUILD a character to make the STORY FIT THE CHARACTER! This is very important- play what you would like to play. But, the line of "my character wouldn't want to go there" doesn't really help the story, now does it? If you need help with creating a character, I would be more than glad to help.
Character restrictions: Setting Rules (Humans only, start with "Poverty" hindrance)
Details of your scenario: This is New Orleans, 1935, but not as you know it. Someone has gone missing and it is up to you to break the case. This is a detective style game. It is not a fast paced, heavy action game. Be prepared to figure out clues, search for clues and HAVE FUN!
Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1464

ransolot
June 25th, 2015, 01:48
Bump it up in hopes for some interest!

Loonybinjin
June 25th, 2015, 10:34
I loath you for putting down a great game on one of my unavailable days! I wish you the best of luck, and I'm glad to see more Savage Worlds kicking about.

ransolot
June 26th, 2015, 04:06
If it means changing the day to get a player or two, trust me, I will. I can't believe this isn't getting more interest! I love Deadlands Noir!

Art Wendorf
June 29th, 2015, 16:55
I'm very interested, but (unfortunately) sometimes I work until 7 pm on Thursdays and sometimes (about once every couple months), I'm on call at the hospital overnight. I *think* I can arrange it with my boss that I only work normal 8 hour days on Thursdays, but I can't guarantee it. If you're willing to chance my ability to show up every game, I'm more than willing to play!

Edit: and I own the FG Deadlands Noir stuff.

ransolot
June 30th, 2015, 00:16
If you can get the ok to do 6-9 on Thursdays, I'm all in for this one. I really want to run this. If we have to skip a week or whatever, just let me know. With that said, is there another day of the week that works better for you?

Art Wendorf
June 30th, 2015, 00:26
Here's the thing that plagues my adulthood ( ;) ), I'm an anesthesia provider in a very large hospital. Because we do lots of surgeries and what not, the ORs stay open until very late and then someone has to be on call in the hospital for airway emergencies, code blues, emergency surgeries, etc. So our group of providers tend to work 8 and 12 hour days. To make it fair for everyone, which days you work 8s and 12s rotate around. Now, my boss who makes our schedule is willing to let us pick a particular day that we only work a 12 hour on, or 8 hour or what have you. I'll have to ask when I get back from my vacation which has started this week and see what I can pull together. I have every Saturday off already, but I'm using those days to either run my own game, attend a Face-to-Face Pathfinder game or do stuff with my daughter outside the house.

With that in mind, if you get the players you need otherwise, don't wait for me to get things cleared up at work! Go gaming!

Good gaming!

(PS: I love being a CRNA providing anesthesia. It's absolutely the best career choice that I've made for myself. It's well worth the little bumps in my gaming/social life!)

calesdroid
July 14th, 2015, 13:58
never played savage worlds before but really want to . let me know if you still have room

Pip-Boy
July 14th, 2015, 17:19
Never played savage worlds either, but have played a TON of Aces&Eights by Kenzer Co. So if you still have room for a player Id enjoy playing.

ransolot
July 14th, 2015, 18:48
Yes, please sign up. The game is still listed with only one player so far. I would love to run this. I think we could get away with 2 players

Pip-Boy
July 14th, 2015, 19:01
Check your Game calander Ransolot I added myself to your players list.

ransolot
July 15th, 2015, 01:31
Awesome. I posted a date. And this will actually most likely end up running every two weeks

ransolot
July 15th, 2015, 01:33
Also as a FYI- If any of you would be willing to run a playtest that I am running for a module that I am writing for Deadlands Noir, please look at this link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1510) and sign up! I need at least one more player!

Art Wendorf
July 21st, 2015, 00:50
As I figured, work is going to mess with my ability to participate. I've removed myself from the calendar so that there won't be any confusion. So sorry. Hope you have a great time!