PDA

View Full Version : Problems Transferring to New Computer

Siggy442
June 14th, 2015, 01:09
So, I've got a new laptop I want to use FG on. I've followed the steps on the FAQ, but it keeps telling me the license code I got for my full upgrade a bit back is invalid. I need to be able to use it on this laptop, because the other one is just about to croak. Help? Thank you, gentlemen.

Trenloe
June 14th, 2015, 02:24
When you say "full upgrade" do you currently have a full licence which you upgraded from a lite licence?

If so, you need to put your lite licence key in the "License Key" entry and your upgrade key in the "Lite to Full Key" entry.

Siggy442
June 14th, 2015, 02:34
Aye, I upgraded from the Demo version to a Full license a couple months ago. Crap, I don't remember where I would find the license key for the Lite. Is that listed somewhere I could find it easily?

Trenloe
June 14th, 2015, 02:35
Aye, I upgraded from the Demo version to a Full license a couple months ago. Crap, I don't remember where I would find the license key for the Lite. Is that listed somewhere I could find it easily?
Go to the store and click "Order History" in the top right. Then open the specific order and your licence key should be listed there.

Siggy442
June 14th, 2015, 02:41
Correct. That works for my standard License, but nothing with regards to the demo version when I downloaded it. I originally got the Demo version by just downloading the installer. A week or so later, I decided to buy the license to the product and upgrade from the Demo version. I still have that license, which is what's listed there. Sorry for the trouble if I'm mixing up the terms. Even when I put my license in the Upgrade to Full section, it still has me registered on my new computer as the free version

Trenloe
June 14th, 2015, 02:49
OK - the "lite" licence was a licence you had to buy (it's no longer available). So, buying a straight full licence is not upgrading, it's just buying a licence.

You should just put your Full licence key in the "License Key" section. Make sure there are no spaces before or after, and make sure the "Lite to Full Key" section is completely empty.

If this still doesn't work, then email [email protected] with details of your purchase, your licence key and the exact error message you're getting. They should be able to help you out.

damned
June 14th, 2015, 03:42
Make sure you enter the license key only in the first license key field. In your situation nothing should be in the second license field.