PDA

View Full Version : offhand weapon

bnickelsen
June 13th, 2015, 22:31
How do I add an offhand weapon? also how to switch form one handed weapon for two handed fro a versatile weapon like a quarter staff?

Nylanfs
June 13th, 2015, 22:33
decrease the attack number and damage for being off hand. (then note it in the name or properties)

WhtZombie
June 13th, 2015, 22:55
Pg 195 of the PHB indicates both weapons must be light, the only difference is you do not add your ability modifier to the damage on the off-hand weapon.
Here is an example of the shortsword setup for this - 10244..

bnickelsen
June 13th, 2015, 23:02
I was confused as I was dragging weapons in from the Library and expecting to be able to pick Offhand or two-handed. Manually adding works.

bnickelsen
June 13th, 2015, 23:05
5E <> Managing inventory that the party has but is carried in an wagon, suggestions?

Nylanfs
June 13th, 2015, 23:31
Make a NPC named wagon

epithet
June 13th, 2015, 23:53
Make a parcel for it, or a PC. An NPC has no inventory.

I'm not certain, but I think you can still drag-and-drop between player characters even when they are not both added to the party sheet.

If you use a parcel, you'll have to drag the item over from one to the other and then delete it from whatever inventory you took it from.

If you don't feel the need to be able to take all of the items on the waggon away from your players, the easiest way to deal with it is for each player to designate "waggon" as the location for the items in question on their own inventory tab, then un-check the weight thingie, same way you handle a bag of holding.

Nylanfs
June 14th, 2015, 02:53
Well I meant PC :)

Zacchaeus
June 14th, 2015, 15:40
You could also just use the party inventory to keep things in the wagon. These items don't belong to any player until they are put into someone's inventory by the DM.

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 15:53
You could also just use the party inventory to keep things in the wagon. These items don't belong to any player until they are put into someone's inventory by the DM.

I wish the players could use the party inventory and that would simplify things. However add an PC called Waggon work very well and the players seemed to like it a lot.

Trenloe
June 14th, 2015, 16:31
I wish the players could use the party inventory and that would simplify things.
Can you expand on that? The party sheet inventory allows the players to take items (drag from the party sheet to the character sheet) and to add items (drag from the character sheet to the party sheet). This is very similar to using another PC, with the advantage of all of the players having access to the inventory. You'll just have to make sure you have an assignment added (e.g. Cart) for the items you don't want to sell when you come to use the automated "Sell Items" button.

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 17:30
Can you expand on that? The party sheet inventory allows the players to take items (drag from the party sheet to the character sheet) and to add items (drag from the character sheet to the party sheet). This is very similar to using another PC, with the advantage of all of the players having access to the inventory. You'll just have to make sure you have an assignment added (e.g. Cart) for the items you don't want to sell when you come to use the automated "Sell Items" button.

Let me try.

Current Party of 4

They own a travelling Waggon and a Small House

So any given item is going to be on them, the Waggon or in the house, and they even want to break it down to the room.

If I am understanding the inventory on the player sheet, granted the party can drop in or take out items but they can not assign it to a location.
I can assign things as the DM but the players can not change the assignment.

So the PC holder seems to be working, only down side so far is they need my interaction to switch who can control next.

Trenloe
June 14th, 2015, 18:11
Let me try.

Current Party of 4

They own a travelling Waggon and a Small House

So any given item is going to be on them, the Waggon or in the house, and they even want to break it down to the room.

If I am understanding the inventory on the player sheet, granted the party can drop in or take out items but they can not assign it to a location.
I can assign things as the DM but the players can not change the assignment.

So the PC holder seems to be working, only down side so far is they need my interaction to switch who can control next.
Yeah, that makes sense - I wasn't aware you wanted to have multiple locations.

Also, a friendly suggestion for the future: when you do posts like "I wish the players could use the party inventory and that would simplify things." try to make it more specific to the actual issue you have - in this case "I wish the players could change the item assignment in the party inventory and that would simplify things." Saves us all time in the long run. :)