PDA

View Full Version : More Character Sheet Questions

Wolfheart
June 13th, 2015, 21:38
All right, I'm at it again.

I've tried to figure it out myself, but somewhere, it goes horribly wrong. I'm working on a modified CoreRPG ruleset (not heavily modified or anything).

What I'm trying to do is:

1) Add two additional tabs/pages to the character sheet
2) Rename the tab of one of the existing sheets
3) Have the text on each tab be the same color (one of them is for some reason pale grey, no it's not because it is not the selected tab, it is even brighter)

I don't need to make complicated window settings in these new tabs, they can be exactly like the standard Abilities window) -
so I thought, I'll just copy "record_char_abilities" twice, renaming them (in my case) "record_char_proficiencies" and "record_char_skills". I then went into these files and changed instances of <name>ability</name> to <name>proficiencies</name> but that just made FG fail to load the ruleset at all.

So I realize there must be more to it.. I have searched the forums and tried making sense of the support documentation but to no avail.

I'd love to end up with a character sheet, then, with six tabs from above to below:

1) "Notes" sheet/tab first, renamed "Main"
2) "Main" sheet/tab second, renamed "Attributes"
3) Another "Main" sheet/tab third, but renamed "Skills"
4) "Abilities" sheet/tab fourth, renamed "Proficiencies"
5) Another "Abilities" sheet/tab fifth, renamed "Maneuvers"**
6) "Inventory" sheet, no changes needed except for being bottom tab on the character sheet

Does anyone feel like helping out / guide me on my path (littered with spike traps)?

** Actually I already have this tab renamed "Maneuvers", with some kindly help from damned

damned
June 14th, 2015, 04:05
Hello again Wolfheart.
Please revisit the MoreCore extension and investigate the code - it does a lot of these things and has a reasonable number of comments and links to where and why...

leozelig
June 14th, 2015, 12:20
As far as the text color of the tabs, the images are in the graphics folder. You will need to create images for tabs like Maneuvers and Proficiencies, otherwise the tab image will show as blank.

Wolfheart
June 14th, 2015, 12:22
Hello again Wolfheart.
Please revisit the MoreCore extension and investigate the code - it does a lot of these things and has a reasonable number of comments and links to where and why...

Oh, right, of course! Thanks for the tip :)

leozelig
June 14th, 2015, 12:54
The file campagin/record_char.xml defines the character sheet tabs:

<subwindow name="main">
<bounds>0,65,-1,-20</bounds>
<class>charsheet_main</class> -- This is the name of the windowclass defined in a separate file
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="attributes">
<class>charsheet_attributes</class>
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="skills">
<class>charsheet_skills</class>
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="proficiencies">
<class>charsheet_proficiencies</class>
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="maneuvers">
<class>charsheet_manuevers</class>
</subwindow>
<subwindow name="inventory">
<class>charsheet_inventory</class>
</subwindow>

<tabs_charsheet>
<tab>
<icon>tab_main</icon> -- This is the name of the image file
<subwindow>main</subwindow> -- This must match the subwindow name above
</tab>
<tab>
<icon>tab_attributes</icon>
<subwindow>attributes</subwindow>
</tab>
<tab>
<icon>tab_skills</icon>
<subwindow>skills</subwindow>
</tab>
<tab>
<icon>tab_proficiencies</icon>
<subwindow>proficiencies</subwindow>
</tab>
<tab>
<icon>tab_maneuvers</icon>
<subwindow>maneuvers</subwindow>
</tab>
<tab>
<icon>tab_inventory</icon>
<subwindow>inventory</subwindow>
</tab>
<activate>1</activate>
</tabs_charsheet>

You have to define the icon names in graphics/graphics_icons.xml - look for this section and add the other tab names (which will need their own images):

<!-- Tab controls -->
<icon name="tab_inventory" file="graphics/tabs/tab_inventory.png" />
<icon name="tab_main" file="graphics/tabs/tab_main.png" />

The icon name is what you referenced in the record_char.xml file, and file="..." is the location of the file.

You have the right idea with copying and renaming the record_char_xxx files. At the top of the code, you need to rename the windowclass:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<!--
Please see the license.html file included with this distribution for
attribution and copyright information.
-->

<root>
<windowclass name="charsheet_main"> -- This name must match the class name in record_char.xml
<margins control="0,0,0,2" />
<sheetdata>

</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

</root>

Hope that helps...

damned
June 14th, 2015, 13:49
leozelig has just done pretty much teh same thing you are working on.
He took a couple of other rulesets and modified and reworked and updated the code to produce a DCC ruleset so what he is saying is fresh off a developers still warm creative furnace :)

Wolfheart
June 15th, 2015, 19:49
All right, I'll try understanding this stuff. It's quite complicated, but now I'm doing it for fun not because I necessarily *have to*. Thanks :)

leozelig
June 16th, 2015, 00:13
You might want to look at template_char.xml, which defines many of the components on the character sheet. You are welcome to PM me if you want to break down specific parts of the character sheet more. Send me a chunk of code you are curious about or whatever...

Wolfheart
June 16th, 2015, 19:10
I found the file, and I see a lot of stuff in it, but I don't understand anything lol.
I'll give this up for now, thanks for offering assistance anyway :)