PDA

View Full Version : extensions

bnickelsen
June 13th, 2015, 17:33
How do you add an extension after downloading?

dulux-oz
June 13th, 2015, 17:41
There's a sub folder under the Fantasy grounds Folder called extensions. Put the .ext file into there and restart FG.

You can get to the relevant folder by clicking on the Open Data Folder Button in the top-right-hand corner of the FG Launcher.

The new Extension will apear in the extensions List when you Create or Load a Campaign.

bnickelsen
June 13th, 2015, 19:14
There's a sub folder under the Fantasy grounds Folder called extensions. Put the .ext file into there and restart FG.

You can get to the relevant folder by clicking on the Open Data Folder Button in the top-right-hand corner of the FG Launcher.

The new Extension will appear in the extensions List when you Create or Load a Campaign.

See that is the problem I keep running into with FG. They made this too simple.

I keep looking for the Hard way to do things.....

dulux-oz
June 14th, 2015, 02:28
Just out of interest: have you looked at any of the Tutorial Videos available on the FG Wiki? I'm pretty sure I covered that in my series of Vids (or was I planning to do it - I can't remember) - anyway, if you haven't might I suggest you take the time to watch some - damned's are good, so are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig).

Cheers

dberkompas
June 14th, 2015, 02:33
Dulux-oz, your modesty is only excelled by your extreme good looks <grin>

BoomerET

dulux-oz
June 14th, 2015, 02:43
Dulux-oz, your modesty is only excelled by your extreme good looks <grin>

BoomerET

But you can't see what I look like - (and that, btw, is a damn good thing) :p

Seriously, yes, I have a... healthy ego, but I do genuinely want to help my fellow RPGers, and it doesn't hurt to "occasionally" mention mine and others' Vids to ensure that new people know that they're there.

If that comes across as "not-modest" then so be it - and besides, I am at least half as good as I think I am ;)

And thanks for the Rep :)

dberkompas
June 14th, 2015, 03:09
Isn't that by definition, Alpha Geek?

Guess we'll have to go out for a VB next time I'm in Brisbane. (Seems I've mentioned VB or 4X sometime in the past, sucks getting old)

dulux-oz
June 14th, 2015, 04:39
Guess we'll have to go out for a VB next time I'm in Brisbane.

I'll take you up on that - problem is I'm not in Brisbane at the moment - I'm sort of itinerant (long story) :)

Nickademus
June 14th, 2015, 12:46
I could have sworn there was a photo of you on your YouTube channel....

dulux-oz
June 14th, 2015, 12:59
I could have sworn there was a photo of you on your YouTube channel....

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

I don't consider myself very photogenic, nor particularly good-looking - not that I'm ugly or anything - just an average bloke - so I don't have that many photos around because I don't particularly like having my photo taken - which means that that one is a few years old, and so I forget its up there <sheepish grin />

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 15:25
Just out of interest: have you looked at any of the Tutorial Videos available on the FG Wiki? I'm pretty sure I covered that in my series of Vids (or was I planning to do it - I can't remember) - anyway, if you haven't might I suggest you take the time to watch some - damned's are good, so are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig).

Cheers

I have looked at some but not all. I am willing to bet that there is a ton of get info in there.

But I need to throw 2 copper in. The videos are two long and cover two many things in one video.

Trying to sift through a 50 min video to find 3 min on one subject is painful. I would love to see 10 x 5 minute videos each with one specific item vs 1 long video.

That aside my group and I will be pouring over as many videos as we can in the near future.

Or maybe the videos are out there and I am just missing them.

And who knows once I figure out how this animal runs maybe I could even contribute to the mini video ideal.

LordEntrails
June 14th, 2015, 17:51
I'll agree with you on this one Brice :)

Now, once we know enough, we'll just have to step up and contribute.

damned
June 14th, 2015, 23:18
bnickelsen see this link - poor production quality but content is in short 2-7min chunks.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsgd1zJLdiKUrEd85Dqr6UcaaLvD7YlJd