PDA

View Full Version : Oh my!

Giomancer
June 11th, 2015, 23:19
It seems shiny things just may be on the horizon! Of course, it's not much to see now..

Nylanfs
June 11th, 2015, 23:47
Thumbs up!

dr_venture
June 12th, 2015, 05:28
Fantastic -- glad to see it's being worked on!

leozelig
June 13th, 2015, 02:37
Cool! Are you reviving the previous OSRIC ruleset? I used the OSRIC ruleset quite a bit for an AD&D game I used to run, would be good to see this one up and running again...

JohnD
June 13th, 2015, 03:29
xKrisx will be happy to see this.

GunnarGreybeard
June 13th, 2015, 05:57
Would be nice to see the old schoolers getting some some love after the 5e attention. There seems to be a good number of them still around and it might help draw them to FG like 5e seems to have done.

Giomancer
June 13th, 2015, 06:31
Cool! Are you reviving the previous OSRIC ruleset? I used the OSRIC ruleset quite a bit for an AD&D game I used to run, would be good to see this one up and running again...

Currently, I'm working straight from the CoreRPG base, so you couldn't say I was reviving the old OSRIC ruleset but instead building a new one; I would guess that the two wouldn't be compatible due to database differences. That said, I should be able to write an import utility for old OSRIC campaigns. It would help immensely if you (or any other GMs using the old OSRIC ruleset) would allow me to use your data files for reference and testing.

leozelig
June 13th, 2015, 11:13
Good idea starting from CoreRPG. The old OSRIC ruleset lacked many of the standard features everyone has come to expect like double click to roll, token targeting, and hit/miss calculations.

I will send you a couple of my old campaign files to test.

Giomancer
October 17th, 2015, 00:15
Well, good news: I have a working computer once again! It'll take a bit to sort things out and catch up with the project.

xKrisx
December 3rd, 2015, 20:04
xKrisx will be happy to see this.

I am happy to see this lol :D
It's been quite some time since I've been around, busy in school. But how is it coming along now?

Callum
December 4th, 2015, 09:25
Very nice, but where are the lions and tigers and bears?

rule of three
December 19th, 2015, 12:24
Yes. Good news. I've done a 60% reworking of my old OSRIC Ruleset but I've currently no time to finish the job.