PDA

View Full Version : Vitality Extension

TASagent
June 11th, 2015, 05:39
There may be issues with this extension in V 3.2 with drag/dropping class features

Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Version 0.6
Compatible with Fantasy Grounds 3.1.2

Implements Vitality as described in this Unearthed Arcana article (https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA5_VariantRules.pdf).

It handles most of the functionality, as well as presenting the HP in a way I like a little more.

What this extensions does:

Vitality, Vitality Damage, and Total (base) Hitpoints added to character sheet
Vitality damage (I occasionally call it Fatigue) dealt automatically when Combat Damage is received
Vitality damage is healed at a 1:10 rate when excess healing is received at full health
Vitality damage automagically reduces max HP (leaving Total HP untouched as the true original cap).
Resting recovers Vitality damage.
Taking Vitality damage heals the lost hit points. This is intentional, as it reproduces the intended rules. If you're at 5/10 Hitpoints, and you lose 2 max hitpoints, you should be at 5/8. Meaning your wounds went from 5 to 3.
Healing Vitality Damage does not "wound" you. That would be stupid.
Adds temporary HP into displayed current max HP (so negatives will work with Energy Drain).
Setting Vitality to 0 should effectively "turn it off" for that character.

This does still need more testing.
Monsters do not have vitality yet.

I decided not to add Vitality to the Player's combat trackers. They see each party member's current max hp.

As long as the DM has, at one point during the session, opened the Combat Tracker and each of the character sheets, all updates seem to process properly. Seems to be related to an existing FG bug. I've reported it.

It's a bit of a beast in how it clobbers a bunch of existing important scripts. I can totally continue to support this if people are interested. Just let me know if you like it and intend to continue to use it so I can gauge whether it's worth expanding, improving, and keeping up to date.

Updated Character Sheet:

Updated DM Combat Tracker:

Change Log:

v0.6 - (08/13/15) Still v0.6, I just reorganized the extension so it will work properly.
v0.6 - (07/27/15) Updated for compatibility with Fantasy Grounds v3.1.2
v0.5 - (06/15/15) Fixed NPC linking error. Aggressive attempts to link records inadvertently created HP subrecord for NPCs. Fixed. Remove exsting NPCs that won't open properly from the Combat Tracker and readd them to fix the problem.
v0.4 - (06/15/15) Removed vitality overheal from just short rest recovery dice. See Notes below for explanation.
v0.3 - (06/14/15) Fixed an issue with Character Healing. Should now work properly. No more console errors when heal.
v0.2 - (06/11/15) Fixed an issue with Character Sheet submenus. They should now work appropriately. Also updated includes so that Character not added to the Combat Tracker can gain proper Vitality healing from Long Rest.

TASagent
June 11th, 2015, 05:40
Adjustments I made to the the Vitality rules:

Recovery of Vitality with Long Rests is equal to the larger of 1 and 1 + his constitution modifier. This one was obvious.
Recovery of Vitality from healing was expanded to include all overheal, not just a healing effect used when they are already at max HP. In other words, a Heal spell (normally 70HP heal) will restore (up to) 5 points of vitality to a character who has taken 12 damage, not the 0 points the rules suggest. It is possible some people won't like this, but I think most will agree with the call.
A character at 0 HP and 0 Vitality is restored to 1 Vitality upon receiving healing (in addition to restoring the appropriate amount of HP). RAW it doesn't seem possible for a downed character to recover short of taking a long rest. After that, he is limited to the options outlined (overheal and long rests).

Notes:
I made the decision to make recovery of vitality due to Hit dice spent during a short rest entirely manual. Players will want the ability to spend multiple recovery dice at a time, in order to maximize the overheal, and since the interface doesn't natively support that, it will need to be handled manually anyway. Since it would be handled manually, it will only complicate manual calculation if the individual dice handled their own "overheal/10" vitality healing. Now recovery dice (and just recovery dice) won't heal vitality with overheal. Keep in mind you can mark vitality dice used in the Class info screen.

To Do:
I intend to add notification about Vitality damage to the damage output string, so it will show up in chat.

ShadoWWW
June 11th, 2015, 11:56
Very nice.

bnickelsen
June 11th, 2015, 12:33
Today's marks the day I official switched to FG. So begins the learning curve. How ever I can say once I figure out everything else I will be back to grasp this. In the mean time I will track off line.

damned
June 11th, 2015, 13:36
Nice work TASagent - keep them coming.

TASagent
June 11th, 2015, 13:49
That's awesome to hear, bnickelsen. It's honestly not that hard to learn. You just have to get over a small "I don't know what I'm doing" hump. I literally started using Fantasy Grounds only a couple weeks ago. I've run a few games with it so far and use for the Combat Tracker in my weekly IRL game. It's a powerful tool, and can make things very fast and easy once you and your players get comfortable with it.

Videos are definitely one of the faster ways of getting up to speed, and the community is great about answering questions and generally being helpful.

Once you've gotten the basics down, you can check out the list I am maintaining here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24644-Advanced-Fantasy-Grounds-Usage-5E-Ruleset-Edition) of some Fantasy Grounds features it is possible to miss. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Thanks damned. I should be careful. I don't want to overdo it between patches and then get swamped by maintenance when a new patch comes out. Doesn't do anyone any good to have a bunch of outdated extensions lying around.

etropic
June 11th, 2015, 16:44
You also need to give up on it acting like any other program you've ever used. It has it's own way of doing everything from menus, shortcuts, windows etc. It's VERY confusing if you try to apply any outside logic. Once you give up on it making any sense and get a chance to see what it is doing, you quickly can figure out what to expect and the learning comes fast.

And more on topic, I am also interested in this ext !

That's awesome to hear, bnickelsen. It's honestly not that hard to learn. You just have to get over a small "I don't know what I'm doing" hump. I literally started using Fantasy Grounds only a couple weeks ago. I've run a few games with it so far and use for the Combat Tracker in my weekly IRL game. It's a powerful tool, and can make things very fast and easy once you and your players get comfortable with it.

Videos are definitely one of the faster ways of getting up to speed, and the community is great about answering questions and generally being helpful.

Once you've gotten the basics down, you can check out the list I am maintaining here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24644-Advanced-Fantasy-Grounds-Usage-5E-Ruleset-Edition) of some Fantasy Grounds features it is possible to miss. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Thanks damned. I should be careful. I don't want to overdo it between patches and then get swamped by maintenance when a new patch comes out. Doesn't do anyone any good to have a bunch of outdated extensions lying around.

demonsbane
June 13th, 2015, 18:15
Awesome TASagent.

chillybilly
June 13th, 2015, 20:46
Incredible work

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 05:43
I am getting an error when useing this extension.

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (hp) in windowclass (npc_combat)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua"]:64: attempt to index global 'hp' (a nil value)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(hd) anchoring to an undefined control (hp) in windowclass (npc_combat)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(hd) anchoring to an undefined control (hp) in windowclass (npc_combat)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (hp) in windowclass (npc_combat)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua"]:64: attempt to index global 'hp' (a nil value)

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 06:03
Not sure I agree with you on the healing of hp from vitality loss.

I see it as this if you take 12 points of damage and you max is 20 you are down to 8 HP

You would also take 1 vitality and let's say that reduces max HP by 1 and the player loses
He would be at

HP 8
Vitality 19

When he does receive healing he can only heal up to the 19 until he recovers that lost Vitality point

And I do think over heal should recover vitality

Just my 2 cent

TASagent
June 14th, 2015, 11:54
bnickelsen, the situation you just described regarding vitality damage and healing is how I've implemented it. Because FG tracks wounds instead of remaining hitpoints, in order to keep the same number of remaining hitpoints after losing max HP, you need to reduce the number of wounds. In your example, the player has 12 wounds before factoring in the vitality loss, and 11 after.

Can you give me more information about what you were doing when you got the error?

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 13:31
bnickelsen, the situation you just described regarding vitality damage and healing is how I've implemented it. Because FG tracks wounds instead of remaining hitpoints, in order to keep the same number of remaining hitpoints after losing max HP, you need to reduce the number of wounds. In your example, the player has 12 wounds before factoring in the vitality loss, and 11 after.

Can you give me more information about what you were doing when you got the error?

So last night I was getting an error during my first official test run with my group. during combat I was getting an error. I would get it when I did something and when the plays did something. So i need to get a player connected to figure out what the players were doing. The error seemed to pop up after several different steps in combat related to damage.

Any way the first thing I have found this morning is that the error is related to NPC's added to the Combat tracker when the extension is loaded in the campaign. So I can can load the game with the extension off, add NPC's to tracker and then exit the game, reload with extension and not receive error. But with the extension loaded and having added an NPC to the combat tracker if you open the NPC sheet from the tracker the error will pop up. There are other things that cause it the error to pop up, I will jump back in and see if I can figure out what the players were doing. I should note that the players did not see or get the error. it just popped up on my screen.

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 14:55

Back on the rule.

Here is my observation as your extension seems to working.

PC has the following stats.
Max HP 50 (+2 con per HD) HD = 2 ( I inflated HP so the PC does not drop after two hits.
Con 14
Vitality 14

NPC rolls 14 Damage to PC

Result shown
WND = 12 Vit =1 Max = 48 I expect to see WND = 14 Vit =1 Max = 48

Second Attack NPC rolls 12 Damage to PC
Result shown
WND = 24 Vit =2 Max = 48 I expect to see WND = 26 Vit =2 Max = 48

Third Attack NPC rolls 11 Damage to PC
Result shown
WND = 33 Vit =3 Max = 46 I expect to see WND = 37 Vit =3 Max = 46

PC Receives 50 points of healing Manually set wounds to 0
Result shown
WND = 0 Vit =3 Max = 46 I expect to see WND = 0 Vit =3 Max = 46

Forth Attack NPC rolls 16 Damage to PC
Result shown
WND = 16 Vit =4 Max = 46 I expect to see WND = 16 Vit =4 Max = 46

Fifth Attack NPC rolls 11 Damage to PC
Result shown
WND = 25 Vit =5 Max = 44 I expect to see WND = 27 Vit =5 Max = 44

Now this one is a crit
Sixth attack NPC rolls 18 Damage to PC Crit This drops the PC ..
Result shown
WND = 38 Vit =11 Max = 38 I expect to see WND = 40 Vit =10 Max = 40

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 15:01
Second case for error.

Applying healing to PC

So after the testing I did above I desided to test healing
So I had PC 2 target PC1 and click heal. this is the error that comes up

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1031: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nWouldHealAmount' (a nil value)
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1031: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nWouldHealAmount' (a nil value)

TASagent
June 14th, 2015, 15:19
Hey, thanks for elaborating. Yeah, we agree about what we expect to see, it just sounds like there is a bug or something preventing it from working properly. My initial testing didn't uncover this issue. Just in case - are you running any other extensions? I'll be able to spend some time working on it in a little bit.

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 15:33
Hey, thanks for elaborating. Yeah, we agree about what we expect to see, it just sounds like there is a bug or something preventing it from working properly. My initial testing didn't uncover this issue. Just in case - are you running any other extensions? I'll be able to spend some time working on it in a little bit.

Just your Extension..
Just to put this out there just in case

I am running all things 5E current libraries added
DD Basic Rules - DM
DD Basic Rules - Player
DD MM Monster Manual
DD PHB Deluxe
and
DD Lost Mine of Phandelver

TASagent
June 14th, 2015, 16:16
So, I did find a typo regarding the healing error you experienced. However, I want to revisit your hp log, to make sure I am understanding your properly, because it's not super clear what you're saying.

If a level 2 character with 50 hit points and 14 constitution takes 14 damage he should show:
Wound: 12 Max HP: 48 Vitality Wound: 1

Were you saying that he did not?

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 16:55
So, I did find a typo regarding the healing error you experienced. However, I want to revisit your hp log, to make sure I am understanding your properly, because it's not super clear what you're saying.

If a level 2 character with 50 hit points and 14 constitution takes 14 damage he should show:

Were you saying that he did not?

In my chain above the first part was the actual output and the second part is what I expect based on my interpretation.
So

Result shown
WND = 12 Vit =1 Max = 48 I expect to see WND = 14 Vit =1 Max = 48

Means on the character sheet and tracker (Using your format above) the system did out put

However based on my interpretation of the rule I think it should have been
Wound: 14 Max HP: 48 Vitality Wound: 1

TASagent
June 14th, 2015, 17:00
Okay, that's what I thought you might be saying. Let me convince you it should be the first one.

A Character has 5 current hit points, and 15 max hit points. If his max hit points drop by 10, he should have 5/5 hit points. RAW, he isn't supposed to drop his current hit points by any amount he loses off the top. In this case, he goes from having 10 wounds (5 current hp, 15 max), to 0 wounds (5 current hp, 5 max hp).

TASagent
June 14th, 2015, 17:25
Alright, I haven't been able to identify what caused that first issue you reported, but I have addressed the healing issue. There was an error and a typo. I have uploaded the new version.

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 17:47
Okay, that's what I thought you might be saying. Let me convince you it should be the first one.

A Character has 5 current hit points, and 15 max hit points. If his max hit points drop by 10, he should have 5/5 hit points. RAW, he isn't supposed to drop his current hit points by any amount he loses off the top. In this case, he goes from having 10 wounds (5 current hp, 15 max), to 0 wounds (5 current hp, 5 max hp).

I guess I am looking at from the other side. Max HP is like a bucket. So an example of MAx 15 is like saying your bucket can hold 15 gallons of water. It seems that FG is track the wounds so it would be 15 Gallons of wounds.

In your example above I think you are saying we have 10 gallons of wounds and could hold 5 more gallons. So in my mind if you reduce the max by 5 gallons we can only hold 10 and since we are already holding 10 we are at max. and thus unstable and dying but reducing capacity should not reduce current amount carried.

maybe I am looking at this wrong, i can be slow, so please keep at this till I get it.

TASagent
June 14th, 2015, 17:53
Yeah, the way the rules are written indicates they want you to "transfer" your remaining hitpoints to the new, smaller bucket. I think it's particularly clear with the way that the Wraith's energy drain is written. If you do it they way you're describing, you inadvertently double up on the damage.

bnickelsen
June 14th, 2015, 17:58
Yeah, the way the rules are written indicates they want you to "transfer" your remaining hitpoints to the new, smaller bucket. I think it's particularly clear with the way that the Wraith's energy drain is written. If you do it they way you're describing, you inadvertently double up on the damage.

Well ether way it is still a good job. thank you for working on this.

TASagent
June 15th, 2015, 15:08
Thanks.

I've uploaded a new, slightly tweaked version. Just replace the version you'd downloaded to your extensions folder with the new one.

I still haven't been able to reproduce the first issue you encountered. Let me know if you encounter it again.

TASagent
June 15th, 2015, 18:47
The repro you gave before for the NPC issue was fine. I have managed to reproduce it. I will submit a fix for that issue soon.

Thanks!

TASagent
June 15th, 2015, 21:45
Alright, I have fixed the NPC linking error now.

Updated to version 0.5.

It was a fairly simple error. If you have added NPCs to the Combat Tracker and can't open their links, remove them and re-add them. That should fix the problem. (After you update to 0.5, of course).

bnickelsen
June 15th, 2015, 21:58
Gave it a quick test and no immediate error.

Thank you:bandit:

bnickelsen
July 17th, 2015, 16:25
So after using a few times I thought I would come back and beg you make the change to how hit points (Wounds) are affected. Currently you "Discounting" the amount of of wounds applied based on the reduction of Con.

I would prefer to not have the "Discount" (For lack of a better term). I don't know if there is a way to maybe add the option or just tweak it and let me run with a modified version?

TASagent
July 17th, 2015, 16:42
I'll be working on the mod soon to update it to the upcoming version of FG.

However, you can definitely tell from the rules that "Max Hit Point reduction" is not supposed to be "Current AND Max Hit Point Reduction." What you're talking about is not a "discount" in the damage being done. It's just compensating for the fact that FG counts up wounds rather than counting down hitpoints. It could be changed, but it would actually be wrong, and equate to a damage bonus to a rules modification that already increases the lethality of combat.

Take a look, for instance, at how the combat ability "Life Drain" of the Wraith is defined. I will reproduce it here:

Hit: 4d8+3 necrotic damage. The target must succeed on a DC 14 con saving throw or its hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the damage taken.

With the way that you're understanding max hp reduction, the Wraith would deal double damage when a player fails the save. Example (without Vitality, for simplicity):

A player has 43 max hit points and 0 wounds (43 current hp).
He takes the average of 21 damage from the Wraith's attack. He now has 43 max hit points and 21 wounds (22 current hp).
Then he fails his saving throw. He should now have 22 max hit points and 0 wounds (22 current hp), not 22 max hit points, and 21 wounds (1 current hp).

It's not that you want be to get rid of a discount, it's that you want me to add bonus damage.

I might be able to add this as an option you can toggle in the settings when I work on it, I'll have to see how much work that is. It would need to be an option because it's different from the actual source.

If there are places where the calculation ends up being wrong, though, then that would be a different, less contentious issue.

bnickelsen
July 17th, 2015, 16:52
Let me revisit my thinking on this and work out a few scenarios, it is possible I am looking at it all wrong

TASagent
July 17th, 2015, 17:03
No problem. I appreciate feedback in any case, and am certainly willing to debate the merits of each approach.

I encourage examining scenarios with the more intuitive (and official) view of "Current HP" and "Max HP" instead of thinking about wounds. Then figure out what the wounds should be after you have your answer.

Anything that reduces max HP, but doesn't also reduce wounds, effectively does extra damage, dropping the player to a lower current hp value, and bringing him that much closer to death. The concept of Vitality wasn't created to increase the amount of damage enemies did, it was created to add a more significant long-term penalty to serious wounds, by limiting the effectiveness of immediate and long-term recovery. In the core system (as far as HP are concerned), players are completely restored to being fully healthy after at most 2 long rests (because of Hit Dice recovery). Vitality slows that process down, and makes you remember the serious wounds you take. But it's not supposed to also make a 22 damage crit bring a level 3 character 28 hit points closer to death.

bnickelsen
July 17th, 2015, 17:30
See the problem I keep running into is the concept of "Wounds" My party is having a hard time with it too. I now see why you are doing it and agree. below is my backup, I should have tested this first.

Thank you again

TASagent
July 17th, 2015, 17:47
No problem. Glad we're on the same page. When I was initially implementing it, I'd considered an alternative representation that would have removed this confusion, but caused other misunderstandings. Wounds could have represented the difference between your total max HP and your current HP. Then it wouldn't require any adjustments, and your Vit would determine the Minimum amount of wounds you could have. That would be slightly more intuitive, but cause other problems between the keyboard and the chair. If they accept that the wounds from your Total Max HP should change equal to the damage they just received, then they have to accept that the wounds measured from your Current Max HP must reduce, because the difference between the Current Max and the Total Max has grown.

Griogre
July 17th, 2015, 21:47
Personally, I read it as the target takes 4d8+3 necrotic damage. Then if the target blows the save he *also* loses the same amount of hit points from his max amount of HPs. So basically, yes if hit and if the PC blows his saves he de-facto takes double damage and can be dying.

TASagent
July 17th, 2015, 21:58
Griogre, if that was the case, why would such an ability defy convention and instruct you to reuse the previously rolled value?

The meaning as I've interpreted it could be rewritten as:

Hit: Make a DC 14 Constitution saving throw.
On Success: Take 4d8+3 necrotic damage to current hitpoints.
On Failure: Take 4d8+3 necrotic damage to current and maximum hitpoints.

Which makes more sense mechanically and logically than
On Failure: Reduce your current hitpoints by that same value again, and your maximum hitpoints by that same value once.

Plus, something you may find more compelling: there is no way a CR5 monster would have an at-will melee attack that is supposed to do the equivalent of 8d8+6 on a failed save.

brautigan1
July 18th, 2015, 02:56
Hit: 4d8+3 necrotic damage. The target must succeed on a DC 14 con saving throw or its hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the damage taken.

I can't understand how there's any argument about it. What the heck do wounds have to do with max hp? Nothin'. The two things aren't even related here. You take the wounds, and then you take the HP max penalty. Simple as that.

The whole point of having your max HP lowered by the amount of wounds taken is that you can't be healed back up to what your max HP were. It's pretty freakin' harsh, too.

TASagent
July 18th, 2015, 03:06
I think you're agreeing with me, but what you said exactly highlighted the confusion some people are having.

Let's say someone has 21 max and current hit points. They take 10 damage. Now they have 11 hitpoints. If that attack is like the wraith's, and they fail the save, then it would reduce their max hit points by 10. I believe you agree with me when I say the character would then have 11 max hit points and 11 current hit points. That's simple and intuitive. Now let's redescribe the same situation in terms of wounds.

Someone has 21 max hit points and 0 wounds. They take 10 damage. Now they 10 wounds. They fail their save, and it reduces their max hit points by 10. Now they have 11 max hit points and 0 wounds. 0 wounds because their current hit points are 0 points away from their max. In other words, when max hit points are reduced, you need to reduce total wounds by the same amount in order to maintain the same number of current hit points.

Griogre
July 18th, 2015, 12:17
We're on the same page TASagent, I agree with your interpretation. I was commenting on the prior post. These type of creatures are nasty enough but they get ugly when the hit creature is taking damage from other sources. They also basically negate temp HPs or necrotic resistance on a failed save since even though a creature may take less damage from the hit for some reason the full damage is reduced from the max hps which may force the lost of addition hp to get down to the new maximum.

brautigan1
July 18th, 2015, 16:29
I think you're agreeing with me, but what you said exactly highlighted the confusion some people are having.

Let's say someone has 21 max and current hit points. They take 10 damage. Now they have 11 hitpoints. If that attack is like the wraith's, and they fail the save, then it would reduce their max hit points by 10. I believe you agree with me when I say the character would then have 11 max hit points and 11 current hit points. That's simple and intuitive. Now let's redescribe the same situation in terms of wounds.

Someone has 21 max hit points and 0 wounds. They take 10 damage. Now they 10 wounds. They fail their save, and it reduces their max hit points by 10. Now they have 11 max hit points and 0 wounds. 0 wounds because their current hit points are 0 points away from their max. In other words, when max hit points are reduced, you need to reduce total wounds by the same amount in order to maintain the same number of current hit points.

I suppose you could say I was agreeing with you. But that would be like saying you can "agree" with the idea that 2+2=4. Personally, I don't think the idea of "agreement" even enters into it.

I think I was actually simply saying that you are correct. Period. End of story.

...negate temp HPs or necrotic resistance on a failed save since even though a creature may take less damage from the hit for some reason the full damage is reduced from the max hps which may force the lost of addition hp to get down to the new maximum.

Why would you think that the "full damage" before any reductions or other modifiers are applied would determine the max HP reduced? If you have necrotic resistance, the "damage taken" would be reduced, and so would your max HP reduction. Because the Max HP reduction is based on "damage taken." There are no caveats. It's plain text: "damage taken."

That would be sick, lol.

Griogre
July 19th, 2015, 05:56
You misunderstood me. My point was even if you don't take much damage from the hit's damage, if you blow the save - the max hp reduction will still hurt.

IE, suppose you have 50 hps and necrotic resistance and 4 temp hps. If you get hit for 10 from the Specter you will take half damage because of resistance, so 5 hps, and then the 4 temps will reduce the damage to 1 wound. So currently you would have 49 of 50 hps. If you fail your save you will lose 10 off your max HPs so 50 hp max goes to 40 max and because you can't have more hps than your max, your current hps also become 40. So the temp hps and necrotic resistance didn't matter - if you blow your save.

TASagent
July 20th, 2015, 02:59
I agree on the effect temporary hitpoints would have - but disagree in the role necrotic resistance plays. It specifically refers to the "damage taken", so my personal ruling would be that your HP max reduction is equal to the amount of damage they actually took - Temp HP lost count (as a shitty edge case for the players), but damage avoided due to resistances do not count - they didn't take that damage. Essentially "Use the number you actually subtracted from their HP and subtract it from their Max HP." In a few cases (due to the temp HP part) increasing the damage they took, but otherwise the effect changing their max HP has on their remaining current HP is limited entirely to rare cases.

Griogre
July 20th, 2015, 09:03
Ah good catch. :) Hence, the weasel words at the end I totally zoned them. :p

TASagent
July 20th, 2015, 18:07
No prob.

I have an updated version here, ready for when 3.1.2 goes live. Assuming there are no more changes to what 3.1.2 includes.

trembot_89
February 19th, 2017, 02:19
Awesome work, TAS!

Have their been any updates regarding the chat box notifications and Vitality for NPC's?

Please keep up the good work!!!

Zacchaeus
February 19th, 2017, 22:17
Sadly TASAgent has not been seen for many a long month; so it is unlikely that this extension will see updates, unless someone else takes it over.

rollforyourstory
February 20th, 2017, 20:47
I sad to see the creator of this extension be lost to the void but I have a question that I leave open for anyone to answer.

Is there a way to word an ability or monster's action to reduce the target's vitality (fatigue in the CT) instead of it being reduced by a 10+ damage hit?

trembot_89
February 25th, 2017, 00:57
Roll, I imagine it would be similar to doing ability damage but against the vitality/fatigue... I haven't looked into any specific spells and/or powers that may already be scripted for that.

And thank you, Zacchaeus.

ladyshel
July 17th, 2019, 15:34
Today's marks the day I official switched to FG. So begins the learning curve. How ever I can say once I figure out everything else I will be back to grasp this. In the mean time I will track off line.
I'd like to invite you to Fantasy Grounds College. We teach people how to use Fantasy Grounds as a player and as a DM.

https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw

Shel :)

Trenloe
July 17th, 2019, 17:27
I'd like to invite you to Fantasy Grounds College. We teach people how to use Fantasy Grounds as a player and as a DM.

https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw

Shel :)
The post from @bnickelsen was four years ago. Hopefully he may have learnt a few things since then! :)

Zacchaeus
July 17th, 2019, 18:10
the post from @bnickelsen was four years ago. Hopefully he may have learnt a few things since then! :)

lol

LordEntrails
July 17th, 2019, 18:17
By the way, nice new Avatar Mr. Z. Do we have to wait for FGU to see them all together in one place?

Zacchaeus
July 17th, 2019, 19:16
By the way, nice new Avatar Mr. Z. Do we have to wait for FGU to see them all together in one place?

Most likely - if I understand what you mean :)