PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified Weapon Issue

Nickademus
June 11th, 2015, 00:14
When a weapon is unidentified and drug into the player's inventory, it does not parse to the Actions tab.

damned
June 11th, 2015, 00:56
If you let it drag to the Actions tab it doesnt stay unidentified for long....

darrenan
June 11th, 2015, 05:22
I'm curious what you think the expected behavior should be. Just add a generic weapon to the actions tab?

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2015, 06:56
The expected behavior is that unidentified weapons are not added to the Weapons section of the PC sheet. As damned alluded to, adding them to the Weapons section requires information about the magical properties of the weapon, thus those properties would be easy to figure out from the weapon entry. (i.e. flaming damage, +2 bonus, etc.)

In my games, I add a generic version of the weapon to the PC sheet, and mark it with an asterisk. I tell them that they need to remind me if they are using the "unidentified" weapon. I adjudicate the results as we go, until they identify it or I feel that they have used it enough to qualify. Then, I add the magical version of the weapon to their PC sheet.

Cheers,
JPG

Nickademus
June 11th, 2015, 12:46
I would assume FG would add a weapon entry with the unidentified name and add the properties from the weapon (for example, +1 attack and +1 damage for a Bonus 1). It doesn't matter if the players use this to figure out the enhancement bonus as they will have to know to put the number in their selves.