PDA

View Full Version : PFS Module: Feast of Ravenmoor, Friday June 26th+, 7pm GMT

cmdisc
June 10th, 2015, 21:45
This adventure is intended for characters of 2nd to 4th level. I plan to run it over the course of 2 or 3 sessions of 4+ hours each, beginning on Friday the 26th and continuing every Friday at the same time until complete. It could go longer or shorter depending. I realize this means any character you bring is tied up until we finish. I will do my best to keep us moving along so as to finish in a timely manner. If you cannot make all sessions or cannot have your character tied up for all sessions, I recommend you not sign up.

Calendar sign-ups are here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1454

The start-time is flexible by an hour either way, if needed.

Character XML's and most recent Chronicles can be posted here or emailed to me. If you want to run a 4th level pregen for this, go ahead and prep it and send it like any other XML.

Edit: For those not familiar with Sanctioned Modules, this is worth 3xp and 4 Prestige.

HoloGnome
June 10th, 2015, 22:02
I'll join. Probably Ifrit sorcerer/2, Haraq Asad. Just one question - it says it's for 3rd level characters and the calendar shows a starting level of 2. Can you double check?

Victor
June 10th, 2015, 22:43
I could have sworn I ran this before, but I don't find it checked off or listed on any of my characters on Paizo, so i'll join.
I should have a level 2 Arcanist by then or perhaps I could run a pregen?

Edit: P.S. Weren't you going to run on Saturdays to keep us riff-raff out? Guess you forgot this week, poor soul. :)

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2015, 23:30
So this one is for Characters Level 2-4 since it is a Level 3 module... I have several options in that range. I'll let you know once the roster fills out a bit if that's ok.
Characters in the Level Range for this Scenario:
Lvl - PFS# - Name - Sex - Race - Class
4.2 - 06 - Grum the Thug - Male - Half-orc - Rogue (Thug)
3.1 - 13 - Spirit Walker - Male - Gnome - Spirit Totem Barbarian
3.0 - 09 - Daydrocandri - Male - Gnome - Oracle
2.2 - 07 - Iggy Toymaker - Male - Dwarf - Alchemist
2.2 - 10 - Thumpinollo - Male - Gnome - Sacred Shield Paladin
2.2 - 11 - Brom of the Stone - Male - Dwarf - Druid (Menhir Savant)
2.1 - 12 - Pugnacious Twiddlebury - Male - Gnome - Summoner
2.1 - 19 - Redfang - Male - Kitsune - Brawler (Wild Child)
2.0 - 05 - Blackfoot the Wolf - Male - Half-Orc - Ranger
2.0 - 17 - Thoom - Male - Oread - Monk of the Sacred Mountain
So... Only 4 Gnomes... 2 Dwarves, 2 Half-Orcs, a Kitsune, and an Oread.

kwarner1986
June 10th, 2015, 23:31
Funny I have level 2's and 4's, but no 3's. Hopefully 3rd level isn't a requirement.

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2015, 23:32
Funny I have level 2's and 4's, but no 3's. Hopefully 3rd level isn't a requirement.Read my post. :)
2-4 for Level 3 modules.. so you should be good.

xazil
June 11th, 2015, 01:05
Ill come along as well. I have a few options - all healers.... Cleric 3, Warpriest 3 and Cleric/Shaman 3

Victor
June 11th, 2015, 01:59
Wow BF, thanks for including the sex, now we can make sure its boy/girl, boy/girl. :)

Blackfoot
June 11th, 2015, 05:01
It's a cut and paste list from my Aliases on the Paizo Site... I didn't bother to remove the Genders. :)
And honestly.. they are all 'boys'.. so any girls will have to be found elsewhere.
Sounds like I should bring someone warriorish... that leaves...
4.2 - 06 - Grum the Thug - Male - Half-orc - Rogue (Thug)
3.1 - 13 - Spirit Walker - Male - Gnome - Spirit Totem Barbarian
2.2 - 10 - Thumpinollo - Male - Gnome - Sacred Shield Paladin
2.2 - 11 - Brom of the Stone - Male - Dwarf - Druid (Menhir Savant)
2.1 - 12 - Pugnacious Twiddlebury - Male - Gnome - Summoner
2.1 - 19 - Redfang - Male - Kitsune - Brawler (Wild Child)
2.0 - 05 - Blackfoot the Wolf - Male - Half-Orc - Ranger
2.0 - 17 - Thoom - Male - Oread - Monk of the Sacred MountainGrum is fairly badass.. I don't know that Spirit Walker or Thumpinollo are serious asskickers... I'd like to take my Kitsune out for a spin now that he's finally able to be played with his companion. I guess I'll bring him.

Farnaby
June 11th, 2015, 06:53
Love to join in.

d1wright
June 11th, 2015, 11:06
I'll sign up as an alternate if someone can't make it.

cmdisc
June 11th, 2015, 14:21
If you 7 end up being the only ones good for this time, no sense in leaving anyone out. I can do a 7PC table. The Module was designed for less, but it actually gives me a little leeway to make things more challenging. ;)

Edit: We'll just have to make sure to move combat along. No taking 60 seconds to sit there thinking about what you want to do since you'll have plenty of time to consider the options between your turns. Plus if you're not sure, "Delay" is always a valid choice.

Blackfoot
June 11th, 2015, 16:52
My experience is that these Sanctioned Modules tend to run long.. usually at least 2 sessions. We might want to plan accordingly.

cmdisc
June 11th, 2015, 17:29
Yes, I mentioned in the OP that this might run 2 or 3 sessions, so anyone who is signed up should be prepared to commit to Friday evenings GMT for a few weeks. If someone doesn't think they can be available for that duration, then it's probably best not to join. I don't want to have to skip a session here or there because someone can't make it, as that ties everyone else's characters up.

Farnaby
June 11th, 2015, 18:41
Here is Nenna:

cmdisc
June 20th, 2015, 10:39
Ok, I have XML's and Chronicles for two players. Post them or email them as you have time. We're still good for the 26th although that seems to now be the day before FGDaze. Glad I didn't schedule it 24hrs later. :)

If you find you have problems with the schedule, let me know asap. If we have a few people drop I will want time to fill those spots.

Victor
June 20th, 2015, 10:54
I am playing my Arcanist tomorrow and he will hit level 4 if we finish, so will be 4 for Ravenmoor and I'll get you his info soon. If we don't finish I'll bring my Ranger to Ravenmoor. He is also level 4, and I'll get you that info instead, I may still have to do his level up stuff. :)

Blackfoot
June 20th, 2015, 12:37
I would think that we are potentially playing a Module geared for 4 level 3 characters with 7 players.. the lower level we bring the better.

cmdisc
June 20th, 2015, 15:45
The lower the level, the higher the reward for that level. But the higher the risk also. Some areas may be easy. Some difficult. All depends on the dice and tactics. Crits are always possible and when they happen lower level characters will feel them much more than higher level ones.

Cryptic enough? I say no more. :)

Blackfoot
June 20th, 2015, 17:06
With 7 the risks are going to be low.. even with all level 2s.

xazil
June 20th, 2015, 21:12
Here is Harlis' stuff.

xazil
June 20th, 2015, 21:13
And here is the purchases for Harlis prior to starting.

cmdisc
June 21st, 2015, 20:37
Looking great so far. I have Grace, Harlis, Nenna, and Thoom (or Redfang if people drop and you need more power).

Victor, I have you down on the calendar, but I thought you mentioned possibly having already played this. Or am I thinking of something else?

HG, I know you said you were working on getting your guy finished up. Let me know how he's looking.

Kyle, are you good for this one? I'll need a character from you when you get a chance.

Victor
June 22nd, 2015, 00:35
I checked and I have not run this yet.
I'll be bringing Bramble the level 4 Ranger, I'll get him ready and uploaded today or tomorrow. I would bring a lower level character but I don't have any but a level 1 at the moment.

HoloGnome
June 22nd, 2015, 01:30
He's coming along. Based on recent games, he will be a Level 4 Ifrit Sorcerer. I should have him to you by tomorrow.

HoloGnome
June 23rd, 2015, 00:29
FYI - I have an absolute max of 6hrs. on Friday for this game (and really more comfortably 5.5, but could do 6, if absolutely necessary).

Blackfoot
June 23rd, 2015, 00:30
Since it's going to run multiple sessions.. there's really no reason to run long.

Victor
June 23rd, 2015, 00:38
Yep, would much rather do multiple sessions than rush, every time.

cmdisc
June 23rd, 2015, 06:53
We won't have to rush anything. The plan is to have two or three 4-5 hour sessions (over the next few Fridays).

HoloGnome
June 23rd, 2015, 15:03
OK - sounds good - just making sure you knew my time limit. If it's 4-5 hours, even better.

Victor
June 24th, 2015, 04:07
Here is Bramble. He just got the Animal Companion feature and may go out and see what he can find to follow him home by game time, maybe not tho, no big deal either way, he is ready to go.

kwarner1986
June 25th, 2015, 04:46
I'm going to give my spot to d1wright as I won't be able to make the next two Fridays. Enjoy Dave.

cmdisc
June 25th, 2015, 08:56
Understood, Kyle. Catch you on Hawkwind's game Monday.

cmdisc
June 25th, 2015, 09:37
I have Bramble's new XML. Does anyone know how to apply the Hunter's Bond (party companions) effectively so it triggers whenever Bramble activates it for his allies and they're attacking a FE? Or does it just need to be applied manually?

I experimented with the IFT command and tried to make a Hunter's Bond condition but neither that nor targeting the specific race seemed to work.

Blackfoot
June 25th, 2015, 11:49
It says he has an animal companion in his post... I'm confused.

You 'should' be able to do it with the effect targeting in the combat tracker... otherwise I think someone built an extension to allow for a more complex IF functionality. Check the extensions for 3.5/PF.

Trenloe
June 25th, 2015, 15:44
I experimented with the IFT command and tried to make a Hunter's Bond condition but neither that nor targeting the specific race seemed to work.
In 3.1.1 you can only use valid conditions that have already been defined in the ruleset - hence the need for this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22803-Channel-Divinity-Paladin-Vow-of-Emnity-Effect&p=195251&viewfull=1#post195251

In 3.1.2 (currently in test) there are some custom conditions added (ALIGN, SIZE, TYPE, CUSTOM) within the ruleset itself to allow more custom IF/IFT conditional effects: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24825-Test-Release-v3-1-2&p=218854&viewfull=1#post218854

cmdisc
June 25th, 2015, 16:39
Thanks. I downloaded it and it is working. Bonuses to damage are showing in the window, but ATK bonuses aren't...although they are still being taken into account (a +2 bonus isn't showing as added to the roll, but a result of 18 or 19 still hits AC 20).

Trenloe
June 25th, 2015, 16:41
but ATK bonuses aren't...although they are still being taken into account (a +2 bonus isn't showing as added to the roll, but a result of 18 or 19 still hits AC 20).
Yep, that's working as designed. The bonuses aren't added directly to the roll, just the resulting hit/miss calculation.

Victor
June 26th, 2015, 00:39
It says he has an animal companion in his post... I'm confused.
I was just leveling to 4 and changed my mind, taking the Boon to Allies option instead. I didn't post it in this thread, I sent the info and all to cm via private email, where I commented that I set up a few different effects for Hunter's Bond for myself and for the party, and that it was a bit funky of an ability and we would have to keep track of it. I didn't really explain what I meant. :)

An IFT for race would be great for Favored Enemy, but not Hunter's Bond. Hunter's bond needs an IFT for a single specific target, it can actually be any race (If the ranger uses Instant Enemy to gain his FE bonus)
I set up a Hunter's Bond effect to give ATK and DAM and all 5 skils, which will probably be the one that is most often used, in RP situations where I can just say I apply it every 2 rounds as a move action while I stand there. The other effect is just the ATK and DAM and is more likely to be the one I use in combat when I can affred to forego my full round attack, which won't be often.

cmdisc
June 26th, 2015, 07:49
I set up a simple effect on your Actions Tab called "Hunter's Bond - simple new" to stand out from what you had there. It can apply the "favored-enemy" condition to a target once the GM says the target qualifies (human). Then you can apply an IFT to your allies to grant them the +1 bonuses for (WIS) rounds. That way it will only work against the target you called out.

cmdisc
June 26th, 2015, 18:06
Server is up. I'll be afk for the next hour or so.

cmdisc
June 26th, 2015, 23:54
Nice start guys. The pace was slow, but I expected that. As people split up to explore I hope I was able to keep everyone in the loop as I jumped between you all in turns.

Victor had a good idea. If you want to discuss spoilers and plans, go ahead and post it on the calendar discussion. That way people who aren't approved on the calendar can't be a part of the discussion there.

We'll pick it up on July 3rd. Hope to see everyone there. Depending on pace, we might need a 3rd night to wrap up.

HoloGnome
June 27th, 2015, 00:44
We need to look at re-makes of the movie Flashdance...starring Goblins. :cry: *creepy*

d1wright
July 2nd, 2015, 23:56
Next exciting installment coming up tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Victor
July 3rd, 2015, 02:48
I am looking forward to it. I can handle all the combat again. I'll bring an arrow. :)

HoloGnome
July 3rd, 2015, 13:58
I know. That was brutal last time. It was only our superior battle formation that saved us from the zombie grass.

cmdisc
July 3rd, 2015, 19:11
Server is up. On the 'cm' server for TS.

And I'd recommend more than an arrow or two.

Just sayin'. ;)

cmdisc
July 4th, 2015, 00:47
...and just in case you didn't have enough punishment...

Two cows were standing next to each other in a field. Daisy says to Dolly, "I was artificially inseminated this morning."
Dolly replied, "I don't believe you."
"It's true," exclaimed Daisy. "No bull."

:p

cmdisc
July 4th, 2015, 08:38
Just a reminder; the calendar discussion thread is available to further coordinate plans or comments if you wish to.

HoloGnome
July 5th, 2015, 03:04
A 3-legged dog pushes open the hinged doors of the saloon, hobbles in and says "I'm lookin' fer the man that shot my paw..."

[I've used that one before, but it belongs here, somehow.]

Victor
July 5th, 2015, 03:37
I am having a blast! This module and the group and the great job by cmdisc all combine to totally alleviate the negative effects of the horrible jokes. Besides, cmdisc made it clear we would only be subjected to such if we took too long doing things and gave him the opportunity. We were warned.

We could have probably gotten through this module in 2 sessions if we cut down or took out the fun parts :p I hope no one is too bored watching Holo's and my antics. :)

HoloGnome
July 5th, 2015, 06:43
You dirty, no-good pig-grappler.

Victor
July 5th, 2015, 07:30
That's what you end up with when you start with a dirty, no-good pig. First Thoom tries to grapple it by killing it first and gets disqualified, I try to grapple the dying pig and get hexxed by Nenna for cheating, you fail miserably over and over while we interfere with one another, and I finally manage to.. umm, let's say.. win the prize!

Something about that whole thing wasn't quite kosher.

damned
July 5th, 2015, 11:55
That's what you end up with when you start with a dirty, no-good pig. First Thoom tries to grapple it by killing it first and gets disqualified, I try to grapple the dying pig and get hexxed by Nenna for cheating, you fail miserably over and over while we interfere with one another, and I finally manage to.. umm, let's say.. win the prize!

Something about that whole thing wasn't quite kosher.

Enough with the cheese already!

cmdisc
July 5th, 2015, 12:59
I blame Farnaby's bad influence.

Farnaby
July 5th, 2015, 21:57
Oh, lardy...
Sow what are you saying?
That I'm the bad influence here?
It's snout my style.

HoloGnome
July 5th, 2015, 22:47
Hamming it up again, I see.

Farnaby
July 6th, 2015, 14:25
More like making a pig's ear out of it.

HoloGnome
July 6th, 2015, 14:34
And here all this time I thought that was a silk purse Nenna was carrying...but you have proven me wrong.

Farnaby
July 10th, 2015, 08:32
We on tonight?

*Don't mind me, just checked the calendar* %facepalm%

cmdisc
July 10th, 2015, 19:00
Server up.

Farnaby
July 10th, 2015, 23:26
Great fun, thanks cmdisc.

cmdisc
July 11th, 2015, 09:31
Glad to have run that. It took us a total of about 12 hours to get through. It could have been run in 2 long sessions, but I'm glad we split it up into 3. Each one ended at a good stopping point and it gave me time to consider how things would play out from each of those points. The module was very rich with details, but I had to add quite a bit myself. Since it wasn't a PFS scenario, I had to construct that whole opening bit from scratch. Plus a lot of the other interacting dialog. It was fun though.

I'll look at working on the Chronicles some today. As always I'll get them posted here once done, take any suggestions for changes as needed, and then pull them down after everyone has had a chance to review and download their copy.

I posted a spoiler on the calendar discussion for anyone interested.

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2015, 12:04
Hrm. Closed out the calendar since the game was over.

HoloGnome
July 13th, 2015, 04:35
Hey cmdisc - thanks for running this game! I will have fond memories of pig wrestling for a long time to come...and Haraq's near-tryst. Ah well...easy go, at least. :D

Victor
July 13th, 2015, 05:51
Hey cmdisc - thanks for running this game! I will have fond memories of pig wrestling for a long time to come...and Haraq's near-tryst. Ah well...easy go, at least. :D

Ditto! (Think Patrick Swayze in Ghost)
Altho I am famous for my lack of short (and long) term memory, this is one that will stick. :)

cmdisc
July 14th, 2015, 12:30
First 3 Chronicles available. Look them over and let me know if anything needs changing. I will be pulling them down by the end of the week.

cmdisc
July 14th, 2015, 12:31
Second batch of 3 Chronicles. Same as above.

Blackfoot
July 14th, 2015, 16:30
Thoom looks good.

cmdisc
July 14th, 2015, 16:49
Thoom looks good.

Yeah, Shel thought he was a bit of a cutie too. :p

Blackfoot
July 14th, 2015, 17:18
Actually, I'm going to take the free Qadira faction change. The Exchange really doesn't work with the character. He's now 'Silver Crusade'. Can you please make the appropriate adjustment?

Blackfoot
July 14th, 2015, 17:26
So with regards to Panther Style (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/ultimateCombatFeats.html#panther-style).. it actually gets a lot better when you get the second feat... Panther Claw (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/ultimateCombatFeats.html#panther-claw).. this makes it a free action and you can make multiple self provoking strikes based on your WIS bonus. So the Swift Action makes more sense.. you just aren't 'good at it' to start off.

cmdisc
July 14th, 2015, 17:53
Changed out his Character sheet on the previous page to reflect the Faction change.

Blackfoot
July 14th, 2015, 17:54
Thanks.

cmdisc
July 15th, 2015, 19:22
Everything's been reported. I'd like to pull down the posted Chronicles in a few days. Let me know if anyone needs anything else.

Farnaby
July 15th, 2015, 20:32
Nenna's is good.

Why do you pull down the files?

cmdisc
July 15th, 2015, 21:04
Why do you pull down the files?

Two reasons;

#1 to save space on the server. The files aren't large, but over time with everyone posting pdf's, they DO add up.

#2 sometimes a Chronicle might hold a spoiler that people shouldn't be seeing if they haven't played the scenario/module.

So I'm just in a habit of posting them for players and then pulling them down after they've had a chance to see them. I keep all my records so you can always request another copy or a change to something as needed.

Victor
July 15th, 2015, 21:13
Bramble looks good. Thanks again for running this fun game. :)

HoloGnome
July 16th, 2015, 01:40
In the future, another option is to put them in dropbox and just PM the link. Nothing to remove. ;)