PDA

View Full Version : Looking for player -- 5E --- Tuesday evenings, GMT+9

spoofer
June 10th, 2015, 15:41
Hello fellow gamers!!

One of our players got a job, of all things, and can no longer join us. We are looking for a new player.

Game: D&D 5E

Time: Tuesdays evenings, GMT+9, 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.

Campaign: We are finishing up a homebrew, and then we will play Rage of the Demons from the end of Sept. (assuming it is available to us in FG at that time).

NOTE THE TIME ZONE. Do not send me a message if it means that you will be waking up at 3 a.m. in the morning to join us. Experience has shown that such players do not last more than a few weeks.

If you are interested, send me a p.m.

I have a "rules" list. Please see below and read before contacting me.

Thanks, and happy gaming!!!

Kevin

################################################## ########

There was a time when I naively thought that a list of rules such as these was unnecessary. After all, I would never backstab another player’s character or insult another player, so it was difficult for me to imagine that others would do such a thing. I was wrong. So, let me spell it out for you. Here are the rules.

1. Everyone is welcome until they break or bend the rules. Then you are no longer welcome.

2. Respect your Dungeon Master. I put a ton of work into this. Yes, I know that it is not perfect, but I try. Please respect that. Complaining about something, particularly something rules-related, during the session is not welcomed. I am open to positive criticisms worded in a friendly way. Send me a private email message. Ask and you shall receive.

3. Complaining about things that I have no control over, such as Push-to-Talk or specific features of FG, is not permitted. Your complaints add nothing positive to the evening; Do not do it.

4. Do not cause feedback with your mike set up. Buy a mike headset. If, for some reason, you are unwilling to use a mike headset, then it is your responsibility to eliminate any feedback that you are causing. This is personal pet peeve of mine. I do not care if you do not mind feedback; I do mind it, so do not do it.

5. Respect your fellow players and their characters. In my game, your characters are a team working towards a common goal. Your character does not steal from, push, shove, attack, or in any way hinder other members of the group, either directly or indirectly. For example, if the group is trying to rescue the princess, then you do not do actions that will anger the prince (as this will reduce the amount of his cooperation). Similarly, your language towards others, both in character, and out of character must be respectful at all times. You can roleplay unhappy thoughts towards another character as long as it is done tastefully, and in the spirit of this rule, i.e., with respect for that player. If you cannot abide by this rule, you need to find a different group. I have asked players unwilling to follow this rule to leave my group in the past. This rule is very important to me.

6. We are a group of mature people. Sexual humor is fine within limits, but sexist humor is not. The same goes for racist humor. This holds for in-character comments as well, unless you are confident you can do it tastefully. In that case, such roleplaying is encouraged.

7. The periodic use of exclamatory remarks or profane words is fine, but extremely excessive profanity is not welcomed. If done in character, then keep it fantasy-based, and avoid the use of excessive use of English words of profanity.

8. I expect you to show up regularly, and on time. As a guideline, you should be able to make about 75% of the sessions. If you are going to miss a session, then please let me know as soon as you decide that.

9. This is a roleplaying game. Roleplaying is required. Camp it up. Make it obvious. Go with the traditional stereotypes. Bring it on heavy and thick. Roleplaying is rewarded with the inspiration feature. But above all else, keep it fun for the group.

10. Experience is awarded evenly to characters at the accomplishment of a task. If a player is absent at that time, then that character misses out on the specific xp for the encounters, but you receive xp for major plot points. Experience is awarded for:
Defeating monsters or obstacles, either through combat, trickery, or parley
Interacting with NPCs in a way that furthers the story (e.g., learn a rumor from the bartender)
Using monetary treasure in a way that increases the reputation of the party (build a castle, raise an army, donate to the poor, have a self-portrait painted, hire servants, throw a big party, etc.)
Accomplishing goals that advances the main story

11. With a cleric in the group, permanent character death is not a very real possibility. In order to keep it interesting, I have rewritten the rules for going below zero hit points.

12. Some of the encounters will be too difficult to fight your way through. It is your task to realize this and astutely avoid fighting. If you are smart about it, then this should not be a problem.

13. You must make an “Actions” text file, that lists your actions and traits. I expect you to print it out, and play with it in front of you. You need to send a copy to me. I have attached an example. The purpose of this is to keep the turns moving very quickly.

14. Have fun. If you think that doing XYZ would be even more fun for you or another group member, then be all means, speak up!

spoofer
June 10th, 2015, 23:43
P.S. Ultimate edition.

jenovvson
June 11th, 2015, 22:17
According to a time zone converter I used that means that would be four o'clock pm for me. If so I think I can do that. (I live in EST)

spoofer
June 11th, 2015, 23:33
EST is 14 hours behind Japan. That means 7:30 a.m. for you.

Mask_of_winter
June 11th, 2015, 23:43
But keep in mind it's now EDT (-4). So 13 hours behind.

Eonmoon
June 12th, 2015, 11:53
hmm, 7:30 am EDT for me, perfectly able since my brothers game wouldn't be for 11 hours later, im perfectly willing to join in if your still looking for players

spoofer
June 12th, 2015, 14:11
Sorry! I found a player that is in time zone GMT+8. I prefer to game with people who live in similar time zones. I find that if it is the end of the working day for everyone, then everyone is in a similar mind set. But thanks for your interest!

donpaulo
June 19th, 2015, 03:43
thanks for recruiting for our game Spoofer