PDA

View Full Version : Cant finish patch for reinstall

Dazzar
June 10th, 2015, 15:23
Hi I had a Virus on my pc and had to reinstall windows, by the way i also lost my licence key email for my upgrades not sure how I can get that back either.

But I am trying to re-patch I have tried reinstalling on different drives ect, it makes no difference I can only get this far and it jams and wont progress please help, maybe I don't have something selected.1020210203

Kind regards Daz

Nylanfs
June 10th, 2015, 15:29
How did you order FG? If you did it through the store it should be under history in the store (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/orders.xcp), if through Steam it should be under history there also (somewhere).

Also try and run it was an administrator.

Trenloe
June 10th, 2015, 15:35
In your FG App Data directory (accessible from the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch page) delete content.dat and any content.dat.tmp files. Then re-run the update.

Dazzar
June 11th, 2015, 01:21
Thanks Guys I will try these things I will let you know how I go.

PS: I found my History thanks Paul.

I tried all the other suggestions :(, Its still stopping in the same place its really weird,
Is it possible I could add the missing files manually if someone posted them to me I have some corruption issue? could that work?

I am going to try a brand new install in a different folder now, but I have tried this last night.

Trenloe
June 11th, 2015, 02:34
Is it possible I could add the missing files manually if someone posted them to me I have some corruption issue? could that work?
These are the commercial 5E files (content.dat) so I'm afraid not.

Do you have a content.dat file at all in your data directory? From your screenshot this is E:\Fantacy_Grounds_Data

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2015, 07:01
Also, try allowing FG to install to the default location. I've heard of possible issues installing when using non-standard directories, but haven't gotten any details on why. Installing to the standard directory has typically resolved. I'm guessing that it is a permissions issue. Make sure to run the installer/updater as Administrator as well.

You can try either:

C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds

or

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II

Regards,
JPG

Dazzar
June 11th, 2015, 08:59
I think, It finally may have worked Moon Wiz, I'll know when I play a game

damned
June 11th, 2015, 13:47
Dazzar - do you still need any help?

Dazzar
June 12th, 2015, 15:21
I think I may be ok thanks damned, only problem I have is I payed 2 times for the upgrade subscription and it hasn't registered, I can prove it with pay pay and the receipt but its not in purchase history

Trenloe
June 12th, 2015, 15:26
Email [email protected] with details of your subscription payments. They'll sort it out.

ddavison
June 12th, 2015, 17:41
Yep, send me a support email with the email address you used for Paypal. I can look it up for you. Without the subscription license key entered into your settings, none of your purchased 5E content will be downloaded. Once that is in, the update should complete successfully.