PDA

View Full Version : Optional rule:Vitality

bnickelsen
June 9th, 2015, 15:11
Does fantasy ground support this optional rule?

TASagent
June 9th, 2015, 16:06
In an automated way? Not really. It will take a bit of tweaking. The automatic reduction of Max HP will need some scripting and a new field to display the result. The Automatic reduction of Vitality ( floor(DMG/10) on a hit and max(1, 2*floor(DMG/10)) on a crit), etc will also need some scripting and new UI element, not to mention healing, and appropriately labeling when a character is unconcious.

That's not to say you can't track that manually, but adding the Features shouldn't be too hard.

I'm considering sketching up an extension that will handle this. It shouldn't be too hard, but I don't yet know how many scripts I'd have to modify (and thus which extensions it'll still be compatible with). I'll definitely post about it if I do make it.

bnickelsen
June 9th, 2015, 16:09
In an automated way? Not really. It will take a bit of tweaking. The automatic reduction of Max HP will need some scripting and a new field to display the result. The Automatic reduction of Vitality ( floor(DMG/10) on a hit and max(1, 2*floor(DMG/10)) on a crit), etc will also need some scripting and new UI element, not to mention healing, and appropriately labeling when a character is unconcious.

That's not to say you can't track that manually, but adding the Features shouldn't be too hard.

I'm considering sketching up an extension that will handle this. It shouldn't be too hard, but I don't yet know how many scripts I'd have to modify (and thus which extensions it'll still be compatible with). I'll definitely post about it if I do make it.

Thank you for replying

demonsbane
June 10th, 2015, 02:34
(. . .) I'm considering sketching up an extension that will handle this. It shouldn't be too hard, but I don't yet know how many scripts I'd have to modify (and thus which extensions it'll still be compatible with). I'll definitely post about it if I do make it.

That would be very interesting. Regards

TASagent
June 10th, 2015, 02:37
Going out of town for my anniversary this weekend. Maybe the wife will let me do some programming while we're gone. :D

TASagent
June 11th, 2015, 05:41
Scratch that. I found a little bit of time this evening and sketched one up.

Here is my post on the extension. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24671-Vitality-Extension)

trembot_89
August 4th, 2017, 05:15
Hey TASagent, I combined your Vitality extension with TheoGeek's Improved Critical and would love to share it here, would that be alright with you?

TASagent
August 4th, 2017, 05:22
Yeah, totally. Please help yourself to any extension I've released that's useful.

trembot_89
August 4th, 2017, 15:14
This is the "Character Vitality and Improved Criticals" extension for people that like using the optional rule of Vitality and want critical hits to always be superior to non-crits (for everyone not familiar with TheoGeek's extension, it maxes the non-crit damage dice so that a greatsword crit will deal 6+6+2d6 instead of 2d6+2d6). The reason why I merged the two was that before the merge, the Vitality extension would override the ImprovedCrit like it wasn't even there - but now, since they are one, that is not an issue.

Update: See this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39559-Character-Vitality-and-Improved-Criticals&p=349413#post349413 for the (updated) extension.