PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.1.1

Moon Wizard
June 8th, 2015, 22:04
Fantasy Grounds v3.1.1 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release is primarily focused on fixes and minor enhancements.

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Cheers,
JPG

lbealsjr
June 10th, 2015, 01:36
Some nice fixes in this, thanks.

dr_venture
June 12th, 2015, 05:53
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but where do I list (what I consider to be a) bug... here or in the FG Wish List?

Trenloe
June 12th, 2015, 05:54
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but where do I list (what I consider to be a) bug... here or in the FG Wish List?
Here. The wish list is for new functionality/changes. Let's see if it's a bug first...

dr_venture
June 12th, 2015, 06:08
Maybe I'm missing something, but when an enemy's token becomes invisible on a battlemat, the targeting of that token by PCs is not cleared. The effect is that unless the GM remembers to clear targeting on tokens that become invisible, that token is essentially still easy to locate -- essentially still visible -- to any PCs who had the invisible token targeted before it was hidden. It seems clear to me that all player targeting of a token which becomes hidden/invisible to said players should be cleared automatically. If not always automatically, then at least as an Option. The cases where you would want to allow player to continue targeting a hidden token seem far, far fewer than the cases where you want the hidden token to actually be, you know, hidden. ;)

Unfortunately, I've found several cases where players have continued to track the location of bad guy NPCs (without alerting me) for many rounds as they moved around the map before I realized that even though I had set the token to Hidden, the player still had the token targeted. Very frustrating.

dulux-oz
June 12th, 2015, 12:28
Unfortunately, I've found several cases where players have continued to track the location of bad guy NPCs (without alerting me) for many rounds as they moved around the map before I realized that even though I had set the token to Hidden, the player still had the token targeted. Very frustrating.

I hope you came up with a suitable... discouragement for them so that they never do something like that again!

dr_venture
June 12th, 2015, 19:23
I hope you came up with a suitable... discouragement for them so that they never do something like that again!

Nah, I'm just not that kind of GM -- I just note it and move on, though I might be less likely to be charitable towards that player in the future (the worm always turns sooner or later in RPGs). If it gets to the point where I have to say something along the lines of "please don't cheat" then that's someone I'd just rather not game with in the first place.

dulux-oz
June 13th, 2015, 02:02
Nah, I'm just not that kind of GM -- I just note it and move on, though I might be less likely to be charitable towards that player in the future (the worm always turns sooner or later in RPGs). If it gets to the point where I have to say something along the lines of "please don't cheat" then that's someone I'd just rather not game with in the first place.

"Spare the rod and spoil the child", as the old saying goes - no, I was thinking more along the lines of using it against them, such as having a "fake" invisible monster they can track using this technique while the real invisible monster sneaks around and bites them on the @rse!

I did something similar once in a face-to-face game: the Players used to love going invisible and then "backstabbing" (ie flanking for Rouge damage in 3E D&D) my BBEGs - and using the Party Rules Lawyer to the point of it being a major PITA.

So, I discovered that, according to the letter of the 3E Rules, the victim doesn't need to know he's being flanked for the attacker to get the bones (& a Rogue to get the extra damage) - a flaw in the Rules that has since been shutdown. So I put a 8th level Rouge against a 5th PC Fighter and then placed a 1st level Rouge with a simple Invisibility Spell behind the Fighter in Flanking Position. His sole job has to stay there so that the 8th level Rogue could continue to get his "backstab" bonus - and because the 1st level Rogue never attacked the Invisibility was never cancelled and the 8th level Rouge continued to kick the Fighter's @rse - and the Players could never work out how it was happening.

And the piece de résistance was that the Fighter was the Party Rules Lawyer :)

To the spirit of the Rules? No!

To the letter of the Rules? Yes!

Did it teach the Players not to be Rules Lawyers? Yes!

Did everyone have more fun in the end? Yes!

Am I am Evil SOB of a GM who you shouldn't fark with? Hell yes! :ogre:

Dakadin
June 13th, 2015, 03:25
One thing to try doing right after you hide an NPC and before you move them is just hover your mouse over each of the PCs to see who they are targeting. Then I would just remove all of their targets.

JohnD
June 13th, 2015, 03:44
"Spare the rod and spoil the child", as the old saying goes - no, I was thinking more along the lines of using it against them, such as having a "fake" invisible monster they can track using this technique while the real invisible monster sneaks around and bites them on the @rse!

I did something similar once in a face-to-face game: the Players used to love going invisible and then "backstabbing" (ie flanking for Rouge damage in 3E D&D) my BBEGs - and using the Party Rules Lawyer to the point of it being a major PITA.

So, I discovered that, according to the letter of the 3E Rules, the victim doesn't need to know he's being flanked for the attacker to get the bones (& a Rogue to get the extra damage) - a flaw in the Rules that has since been shutdown. So I put a 8th level Rouge against a 5th PC Fighter and then placed a 1st level Rouge with a simple Invisibility Spell behind the Fighter in Flanking Position. His sole job has to stay there so that the 8th level Rogue could continue to get his "backstab" bonus - and because the 1st level Rogue never attacked the Invisibility was never cancelled and the 8th level Rouge continued to kick the Fighter's @rse - and the Players could never work out how it was happening.

And the piece de résistance was that the Fighter was the Party Rules Lawyer :)

To the spirit of the Rules? No!

To the letter of the Rules? Yes!

Did it teach the Players not to be Rules Lawyers? Yes!

Did everyone have more fun in the end? Yes!

Am I am Evil SOB of a GM who you shouldn't fark with? Hell yes! :ogre:

https://strategyonline.ca/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Wiserhood.jpg

dulux-oz
June 13th, 2015, 04:38
JohnD => I can't work that out - is that a compliment or a "ribbing"? :confused:

Dakadin
June 13th, 2015, 04:47
JohnD => I can't work that out - is that a compliment or a "ribbing"? :confused:

Looked like a compliment to me. :)

Aaron
June 13th, 2015, 06:37
"[5E] Reverted back to auto opening combat subsection when NPC becomes active in combat tracker. This may become an option, if needed."

This is the one I was hoping for. I ran a game without it last week, and was all thumbs in combat.

Thankyou! :)

JohnD
June 13th, 2015, 07:00

Most certainly a compliment! :)

https://youtu.be/DuScm9FZPmQ

dulux-oz
June 13th, 2015, 07:04
OK, that makes much more sense now - thanks :)

damned
June 13th, 2015, 07:16
One of the videos that one linked to was this one :)

Ok, ok - its off topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX145Tu4MHY

dr_venture
June 13th, 2015, 19:19

Apparently I'm not devious enough, because that is rather awesome... *tips hat in respect*

dulux-oz
June 14th, 2015, 02:33
Apparently I'm not devious enough, because that is rather awesome... *tips hat in respect*

You and some of the others really need to play in one of my games - not because I'm arrogant enough to think I can teach you something (I am that arrogant but I don't believe you need to be taught anything), but simply because it'd be heaps of fun - I'm trying to get an Extension/Modules/Adventures put together especially for one-offs like Tournaments that can be used with any RPG - I call it...

The Maze

<BBEG Evil Laugh />

damned
June 14th, 2015, 02:57
Mr dulux-oz I formally invite you to run a session at FGDaze so that some of us can get to join you in a game :)

dulux-oz
June 14th, 2015, 04:41
Mr dulux-oz I formally invite you to run a session at FGDaze so that some of us can get to join you in a game :)

Luv to - don't know if I'm going to be able to, unfortunately - got a bunch of stuff on at the moment, and I want The Maze to be... "memorable" <que evil laugh />

JohnD
June 14th, 2015, 05:11
One of the videos that one linked to was this one :)

Ok, ok - its off topic.
That's only off topic if you don't drink beer while gaming on occasion.

Thegroo
June 16th, 2015, 18:32
Just a question about this:

[5E] Reverted back to auto opening combat subsection when NPC becomes active in combat tracker. This may become an option, if needed.

It's not working in my running campaign.
Do i have to start a new one, to get this working?

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 18:37
[5E] Reverted back to auto opening combat subsection when NPC becomes active in combat tracker. This may become an option, if needed.

It's not working in my running campaign.
Do i have to start a new one, to get this working?
It's always a good idea to see if you can recreate issues in a new campaign, with no extensions loaded. This will tell you quickly if the issue is with the base ruleset or your campaign/extensions you're running.

Nickademus
June 16th, 2015, 20:50
Others have reported it not working in another thread.

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 20:52
Others have reported it not working in another thread.
Thanks for that, I had noticed that too. But I don't think any of them reported back if they'd tried it in a new campaign or if they had any extensions running. I was also trying to offer some general troubleshooting advice - in response to a direct question about trying it in a blank campaign.

Thegroo
June 16th, 2015, 21:33
I just tested with a new campaign with no extensions.
Still not opening.

I tested with NPC's from the monster pack, HotQ, and even created new npc's in the campaign.

EDIT: Deleted the 5e.pak and let it redownload. Still not working

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 21:53
I just tested with a new campaign with no extensions.
Still not opening.

I tested with NPC's from the monster pack, HotQ, and even created new npc's in the campaign.

EDIT: Deleted the 5e.pak and let it redownload. Still not working
OK, that proves that it looks like the return to original functionality hasn't worked. :(

dopefish
June 24th, 2015, 18:55
Since the last patch, whenever I share an item by dragging it to the player's portrait it now adds the item instantly to their inventory instead of popping up the item on their screen like previously. Is there any way to restore the original functionality, or any way to share an item to a single person instead of everyone (via right-click -> share sheet).

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2015, 20:50
This functionality has been changed for a few versions now. Right now, there is no way to do this, since the new item transfer feature overrides the handling for item records.

This allows a GM to quickly assign items to a PC without having to have each PC open.
* Transfer item from party sheet to PC
* Transfer items between players

I might be able to add an override key (i.e. CTRL) for future versions.

Regards,
JPG

dopefish
June 24th, 2015, 22:57
I might be able to add an override key (i.e. CTRL) for future versions.

That'd be much appreciated. I find it really awkward not being able to 'show' people items without sticking them into their inventories. Especially since the inventory sorts alphanumerically, so in a large inventory the new item I give them gets quickly shuffled away somewhere and we have to chase it down to see what it was.

damned
June 25th, 2015, 00:17
Hey dopefish have you tried using the Party Sheet in the interim for this?

dopefish
June 25th, 2015, 13:37
Hey dopefish have you tried using the Party Sheet in the interim for this?

I suppose that could be a temporary solution, I'll be sure to try it.

TASagent
June 25th, 2015, 14:39
And in case you missed it, the update Moon Wizard was talking about is now queued for the next patch.

WhtZombie
July 25th, 2015, 01:52
I have updated and remove the Move Dice Tower Ext and now I cannot move it. Did I miss the memo indicating the new method of doing this? I have attached the two pics that indicate what I am seeing and normally do when moving the tower. Ok I would but I cannot attach https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B089gP1RKw2cZ1lRUnQ2RUdEeGc and https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B089gP1RKw2cemM0YXdqY1NCZTA

EDIT: and it seems I cannot upload images..

dulux-oz
July 25th, 2015, 02:01
For me this works: Right-Click on the Tower to bring up the Radial Menu, then choose the Unlock Button at "north". Then I can move the Tower to wherever I like. If I Right-Click again I get a new Radial Menu with Lock at "north"and Reset at "north-east".

Oh, and this should probably be over in the new v3.1.2 Thread now :)

Cheers