PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: The Road To Revolution EDT. New DM looking for a couple of NEW players.

dinogore
June 8th, 2015, 00:29
FG License: Standard
Game System: Pathfinder

Time Zone: EDT
Day of week and time: Tuesdays (LOCKED) 8:00 PM EST (not locked, but would much prefer something within reasonable range)
If new game, planned start date: Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Planned Frequency: Weekly, 3-3.5 hours per session. I will be giving a 10 minute break, mostly for myself though.
Term: Long term. Want to make this a sorta permanent group.

Text or Voice: Voice mostly. You can use text too if you're more comfortable RPing that way, but a mic is a requirement because we will run into issues.
Voice software used: TBD

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends on you! Since this will be a new group, I'm assuming it will be a nice 50/50 split
Number of Players in game & needed: currently full, 1 reserve
Character starting level & equipment: 1. Standard GP per class guide.
Character restrictions: Core Races and Classes are much preferred. I'll accept most archetypes so long as we both have a good understanding on mechanics. You're in a bustling urban city, so keep that in mind when thinking of character concepts. 20 point buy. Any Neutral or Good alignment.

The Road to Revolution AP is an urban mystery sprawling through a giant city! Your PC begins their adventure in the middle of grizzly scene and will be compelled to seek the real truth behind what they saw. Do you like mystery and intrigue? Want to be in the middle of the comings and going of a city filled with tension? Are you a new player looking to get comfortable with FG and Pathfinder and are OK with some hiccups along the way? Veterans are more than welcome to join and you would actually be a boon to the group, but be warned: newbs down this path. Most rule debates will most likely be due to my incorrect translation of the rules, so don't be shy to call me out! The point is for you to have fun after all. I'm familiar with the FG system and can help new players with character creation, conception, and campaign hook if need be. Feel free to PM me with any questions or just go ahead and post in here.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1449

jenovvson
June 8th, 2015, 01:09
I'm new. I would like to join. Will need help designing a character though. Can we meet in server sometime?

dinogore
June 8th, 2015, 01:49
Welcome jenovvson! I'll have the server up a week or two before we start so everyone can start submitting their character sheets. In the mean time I'll PM you with some resources to get you started.

jenovvson
June 8th, 2015, 02:00
That would be much appreciated. Thanks!

MikeParham
June 8th, 2015, 02:24
This sounds very interesting! i'm not a newbie, having played (and DM'ed) D&D since first edition up to 4th. I've also played pathfinder a few times. I love city campaigns, and would like to learn more about yours.

As far as the time, if things can be moved up an hour that would be ideal (I get up at 0400 for work on weekdays), but if not can give it a try.

dragonbait
June 8th, 2015, 02:28
That day/time works for me. Looking forward to playing a large city campaign.

dinogore
June 8th, 2015, 02:58
Mike: If 7 EST is fine with everyone, I'll be willing to move the start time up an hour. Having you around would be a huge help to me.

dragonbait: glad to have you :)

So is 7 ok for you Jen and Dragon? I still need to ask my buddy who will be joining you all.

Feel free to reserve any class you want to play!

dragonbait
June 8th, 2015, 12:32
that time works for me

dinogore
June 8th, 2015, 16:56
Great!

So updated roster is:
JimmyRustler (my buddy)
dragonbait
jennovson
Mike Parham (sign up on the calendar page when you can)

I have another friend who might play with you all, so for the time being I only need 1 more. If he decides not to play we can either run 5 or looks for a sixth, up to you.

jenovvson
June 8th, 2015, 17:54
Do things like class or races still apply from the original PF rules or does the great city have its own lore?

dinogore
June 8th, 2015, 18:13
The city definitely has it's own history; but it is very much a melting pot. There aren't any Pathfinder races or classes that would seem out of place to anyone within it. It's human run, but the other races all have equal representation within it. There's even a group of druids here.

This is a 3.5 campaign setting and it's a premade AP converted to work in FG, so there is some good info on the city I will reveal to you all once I get my eggs in order. I'll probably create a separate message board as a sorta campaign journal for everyone. I'm busy fixing some encounters and adding all the tokens for the first chapter, but I'll have some stuff for you to look at by next week.

jenovvson
June 9th, 2015, 03:58
Hey dinogore. Could you check this out please? Thanks!

dinogore
June 9th, 2015, 04:16
Looks good at a glance. I'll have to make sure numbers add up correctly tomorrow, but looks good to me. Make sure you find some a cool icon to use on your character sheet. :)

dinogore
June 9th, 2015, 13:49
So looks like we have five. We have a rogue, sorcerer, monk, and 2 fighters. Do you all think we should find one more person to play a support type role for the group? Don't think we have a healer or buffer yet. Up to you all though.

Loonybinjin
June 9th, 2015, 19:19
Healing? Healing! What sort of ninnies do you think we are, with your 'heals' and your 'buffs'?

JimmyRustler
June 9th, 2015, 20:19
I'm the previously mentioned friend...finally got around to logging in.

dinogore
June 9th, 2015, 21:21
Welcome Loony and thanks for posting Jimmy. I've told a few of you via PM but I'll have a nice info dump tonight for you guys to read through to help with character building.