PDA

View Full Version : A question for video creators (Ddavidson, Dulux-Oz, Xorn, etc)

Doc_Jones
June 7th, 2015, 01:58
I got to take part in jh79's workshop this morning, and have watched pretty much all of Dulux-Oz's videos, several of Xorn's, and a random smattering of Ddavidsons. It has me wanting to make some short tutorial video's of my own now, but I don't know which software to get for the screen recording. I know fraps is kind of a community standard resource, however I've also read some generally good reviews of free softwares as well. I really like the quality of what I've seen from the above mentioned members, and wanted to get their opinions as people who have made the video's before. Thoughts gentlemen?

damned
June 7th, 2015, 02:34
Camtasia.
You can trial it for 30 days.
30 days might be enough to make the videos you want :)

Doc_Jones
June 7th, 2015, 02:57
That one looks pretty awesome, very similar to the audio software I have. I'd wind up having to purchase the software though. There are some other projects I want to do as well. I'll have to keep this one in mind though, it looks amazing.

dulux-oz
June 7th, 2015, 02:59
I use ActivePresenter and Audacity. ActivePresenter is free for non-commercial use and is great for the visual side of things, while Audacity is free and good for the audio, which I marry up with the visual in ActivePresenter.

FWIW there is a discussion somewhere (I can't remeber/find the exact thread) where I talk about what goes into making one of my videos.

BTW I really want to get back to making the next one but every time I sit down to do it something comes up - it's like I'm cursed or something! :(

damned
June 7th, 2015, 04:22
BTW I really want to get back to making the next one but every time I sit down to do it something comes up - it's like I'm cursed or something! :(

One. Thing. At. A. Time.
Then you will get them finished :)