PDA

View Full Version : 5E DMG loot tables

Grebog
June 6th, 2015, 23:39
I have searched and searched for them, but so far had not seen the DMG loot tables anywhere. So, I decided to create the random loot tables myself. If this has already been done, I apologize for duplicating this. I do not have it all completed yet. I have the basic tables from individual and hoard loot of all the different challenge ratings. I only have been able to get Magic Item Tables A through G in. Once I complete, I will upload and share my tables for anyone who wants.

Also, is there a way to get a table result to auto-roll a NdN times on another table? If there is, I would love to know. So far I can only get it to do 1 new roll, which means the DM then has to figure out if there are more rolls to be made and manually roll off the table for the additional rolls.

Also, way down the road, I may add in every magic item as well, but currently I am only adding in the stuff my group finds for their use. There are tons, and I am sure you understand. I will add files once I get the rest of the Magic Item Tables completed.

epithet
June 6th, 2015, 23:45
Did you check out donjon?
https://donjon.bin.sh/5e/random/#treasure

Grebog
June 6th, 2015, 23:55
I have and other loot parcel sites as well, but was hoping for a system built in. Since I can add the items as my group find them, they can have more info than just a name of said item.

Larac
June 7th, 2015, 00:01
Also, is there a way to get a table result to auto-roll a NdN times on another table? If there is, I would love to know. So far I can only get it to do 1 new roll, which means the DM then has to figure out if there are more rolls to be made and manually roll off the table for the additional rolls.

Yes I have seen it, but do not know it.
But someone will be able to show you.

Been using Par5e to make my magic item list, as it uses simple format.

Format in Par5e:

Belt of Giant Strength
Wondrous item, uncommon
This wide belt is made of thick leather and studded with iron.
The belt adds to the wearer’s Strength score in the form of 20.

That is it, quicker for me to do them this may than in FG.

Good Luck, slow part is deciding how I want it to work in 5e,

Adding many of the one shot stuff, Oils that last 10 rounds that give + to Hit or Dam, act like Silver and so on.
Bone charms the Barb makes, one shot effects like Next hit does +1d4 Necrotic Damage and such.

I like giving out one shot items, as it helps keep the power curve intact, so far my party has found 1 Magic Weapon, +1d4 Dam against beasts.

The rest being one shots.

TASagent
June 7th, 2015, 00:13
It's worth noting, btw, that Smiteworks should be releasing the DMG content (for purchase) in the near future. It was evidently submitted for QA along with PotA a little while ago. Depends on how immediately you want to use it, I suppose.

Grebog
June 7th, 2015, 00:17
Ah, well then I probably keep my work to myself so I don't cause any issues. And when they get the dmg done, debate then if I want to purchase the new content.

I definitely loved having the lot tables in my game so far as it has made things even easier to dish out to my players.

TASagent
June 7th, 2015, 00:39
The devs totally encourage you to build it yourself (using Par5e or manually) if you want. The thing about sharing is it would have never been allowed, because it's a copyright issue. Even if you only input the items from the basic rules, you still legally wouldn't be permitted to share them. I believe, anyway. Or maybe it was just the other free PDFs, like Elemental Evil supplement, that you can't share. Honestly, I'm not sure clear on where the line is.

Doc_Jones
June 7th, 2015, 01:28
The thing about sharing is it would have never been allowed, because it's a copyright issue. Even if you only input the items from the basic rules, you still legally wouldn't be permitted to share them.

You're spot on with this TASagent. I myself am waiting (im)patiently for the release. I know they have spent a HUGE amount of time putting them all together.

Grebog
June 7th, 2015, 01:34
I guess then I am interested in how I can automate the NdN rolls from one table result to another. I know I will tinker, but any tips would be appreciated.

TASagent
June 7th, 2015, 01:38
You can add a Table as an entry in a table. That allows you to (with a bit of effort) replicate any such option.

Grebog
June 7th, 2015, 02:33
I have it where a table is an option on a d100 check. When the percentile comes up for the option with said table, it only rolls for that table 1 time. I am looking for an option to have it roll on that table a NdN number of times.

I guess I was not clear in my previous posts and I hope this helps.

damned
June 7th, 2015, 04:20
I dont believe there is any way to do this.

Drakewing
June 7th, 2015, 13:56
Hi all. Grebog not sure if this is what you're looking for but this is how I've done my tables for NdN times:
First table
then a link to NdN table
Hope this helped

Griogre
June 7th, 2015, 19:06
Good example, showing multiple columns lookup - Drakewing. :) Like Drakewing showed, its quite possible to nest the tables as much as you need. Now for true arbitrary tables its harder, but if you have a hierarchy you can use nested tables calling other tables.

Here's another less elaborate example but with monster encounters:

Grebog
June 7th, 2015, 20:44
Awesome, thank you two so much. I guess I was hoping for a simple thing that we could NdN [table a] and it would do that table NdN times, but this works well enough. Time for more tables. ;)