PDA

View Full Version : Salutations!

stephen71
June 6th, 2015, 04:08
Hi Everyone!

First time Fantasy Grounds user, but long time D&D player! (20+ years) :)

I tried the demo and I was sold, so I decided to upgrade to the ultimate version, and here I am!

Although it'll take a bit of time for me to familiarize with the DM tools, I am looking forward to hosting something with the new 5th D&D edition rules. I'd like to write my own adventures, and prefer to play with those who actually like to "roleplay" (as in acting out their character)

but hey... I'm up for anything since it's so hard to find (much alone hook up) with like minds these days. Just looking for a fun experience with what little time I have.

Nice Meeting you all.

Stephen.

damned
June 6th, 2015, 04:21
Welcome Stephen71.
Fantasy Grounds has a learning curve but it really is a fantastic platform.
Try and grab yourself a game or two as a player to ease yourself in before doing the GM thing.
Visit here often and use the New Posts link https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post to see games being posted.
Check out this thread and https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23765-Game-Announcements/page2 and let the GMs know you are keen.
Add your Timezone and your availability (days of week and times) to your profile and/or your signature too.

And watch a couple of videos when you have time.

Mask_of_winter
June 6th, 2015, 07:31
Welcome Stephen!
one of us! one of us!

dulux-oz
June 6th, 2015, 07:55
Welcome Stephen!
one of us! one of us!

Lay down your computer!

You will be assimilated!

You will join with us!

There is no escape!

viresanimi
June 6th, 2015, 11:12
Welcome to FG!

Never be shy about asking questions. The people here are just about the nicest and helpful you will find on the net. And yes, FG isn't all that transparent regarding how many things work, but it really isn't that hard to get into if you're willing to spend a little time to understand it.

Vires Animi

Draca
June 6th, 2015, 15:16
Welcome to Fantasy Grounds!

Alot of games springing up the last few weeks , so keep looking and youll find or make a group in no time.

Glad to see you here with us!

Draca.

Talen
June 6th, 2015, 15:32
Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions as you start using the program. And if you'r einterested, the Adventurers League games are a great way to learn the program without having to commit to a full campaign. Feel free to sign up for any games in the Game Announcements thread or via the Adventurers league online tool referenced there.

stephen71
June 8th, 2015, 05:39
Thanks for the friendly welcomes

looking forward to a great time!