PDA

View Full Version : not enough space for lots of extra character notes

Cheezegr8r
June 6th, 2015, 02:18
so i'm a little new to this tool. i just picked up the Complete character pack today and I'm practicing making characters. i ran into an issue where i made a wizard and picked the charlatan background. i went to add that to the character and realized that there's a single notes like that i can't drag and drop to but can only type everything out by hand. is that as designed? is there some hidden field where i can enter a bunch of other ingame notes about the character?

damned
June 6th, 2015, 02:28
The Notes fields just get longer as you put more in.
PCs can also make Campaign notes for tracking game stuff.

Cheezegr8r
June 6th, 2015, 02:47
The Notes fields just get longer as you put more in.
PCs can also make Campaign notes for tracking game stuff.

this is probably somewhere in the threads but is there a way i can connect as a player? run a second copy of FG and connect to my own campagin?

damned
June 6th, 2015, 02:55
Of course.
On the SAME computer you can open a second instance of Fantasy Grounds.

On Join Game - enter a different username to your GM username and in the Host Address enter localhost
This will connect to your computer and not use a license or change licensing modes.

damned
June 6th, 2015, 02:56
This is really handy as a new GM to see/understand what the players view looks like for each of your actions.

Nickademus
June 6th, 2015, 03:01
Different user name, really? I've always used the same name and never noticed a problem. What is supposed to happen?

Also, I noticed the same thing making a 5e character. There is a designated spot for every part of the background (bond, flaw, ideal, personality) except the raw choice that appears in some backgrounds like Charlaton. It just felt like something was missing, having to stick the table choice in the Notes field.

Griogre
June 6th, 2015, 20:25
You might want to double check Nickademus, it usually will say the name is already in use or something similar if you use the same username as the host when trying to connect with a second instance.