PDA

View Full Version : I'm Interested in Running 5e LMoP on Thursdays- Any Players?

crb31
June 4th, 2015, 22:08
I've posted a few requests to play- no luck. I have had some very kind responses but due to time differences or days of the week I couldn't make it(If one of you are reading this- If I haven't thanked you, thank you). This was all to try and get a feel of the game and how it played in Fantasy Grounds.
Well, I was reading another post where someone suggested just do a Ultimate Subscription and buy the basics and the Lost Mine of Phandelver adventure and you can give it a good go to start with. What I want to do is have a steady group of 4-6 players for Thursdays- Almost every week. I may have to skip 1 week a month due to work or family events but I am willing to reschedule another game session if everyone is up to it. I am in Mountain Time- the game time is up in the air but more than likely is afternoon/evening for about four hours. Communication would be through either hangouts/roll20/Skype. what is the interest in playing? BTW I would prefer to have players that if they have read the scenario not to Alpha the group along.

Summary:
Playing D&D 5e
Lost Mines of Phandelver -Preferring people who haven't read the scenario or can honestly role play what their character would know.
Thursdays
Time- TBD but generally close to a 4 hour interval.
Communication through Hangouts/Roll20/Skype or if someone else has a suggestion...

Anything not covered I will be happy to address and edit- the initial group would use the premade characters included in the module.
Thanks
Cal

crb31
June 5th, 2015, 14:21
Just a Bump to keep it active. Again start time is for Thursdays- (day I have off) I can start as early as 3ish and run as late as 10pm Mountain- I would like to keep it to a 4 hour stretch- prevents the butt from falling asleep.

Taonna
June 5th, 2015, 14:32
I could prolly do this i get off around 7 ish cst and we could go from there might have to do like 3 and 3 quarter hour sessions to not go past ten though

Draca
June 5th, 2015, 14:47
Im open on thurdays , anytime is good( probably up to 11pm eastern )
Haven never played , or read the LMoP. (almost did once , but my kids quit after character Creation LOL)
Let me know what you come up with.

Johknees
June 5th, 2015, 15:24
I would be interested in playing. I'm available the same timeframe as Taonna. I've DMed LMoP, but I'm interested in playing the character to the truth of what they know.

crb31
June 5th, 2015, 16:53
Cool-hopefully 1 or two more will reply. I will get set up over the weekend.

T.Rust Monster
June 5th, 2015, 17:47
Count me in ! Please & thank you

T.Rust Monster

Daedalus
June 5th, 2015, 18:27
If you have room I would be interested in playing depending on the day and time

crb31
June 5th, 2015, 18:41
Day is Thursday time I'll negotiate with the other members of the group. It looks like I will be busy getting this set up over the weekend. Does anyone know if it is better to purchase through steam or FG website? Thanks in advance
Cal

Daedalus
June 5th, 2015, 19:09
I bought from FG and didn't have any issues. Also question, would anyone object to me being a ranger?

Trenloe
June 5th, 2015, 19:23
Does anyone know if it is better to purchase through steam or FG website?
There is no difference between the application - the Steam install is actually a stub that just runs the normal FG application. If you buy from the FG site you'll be able to add your licence key to Steam and so it will show in Steam anyway (as if you purchased it there) - but this takes up to a month for the licence keys to be synched up.

The main reasons for buying on Steam would be:

To get the 4 for the proce of 3 offer.
Better currency exchange rates for non-US Dollar purchases.
If you're going to gift a licence.
Getting immediate access to the Mac installation package - although I believe you could use the free demo version and just add your FG licence key purchased on the FG site to get it all working. Note: Steam DLC doesn't work on a MAC, so only buy add-on DLC from the FG store if you have a Mac.

Personally, I've registered my FG website purchased licence key on Steam and it shows me owning that product on Steam. I buy all of my add-ons from the FG website store - so they are all downloaded and updated via the standard FG update mechanism.

Essentially, you get a similar experience in running/updating the software wherever you bought it from - it's really up to you which you prefer. With the above mentioned proviso of only purchasing Mac DLC from the FG website store - the original FG purchase is fine on Steam for Mac users, just the add-on DLC doesn't update from Steam for Macs.

Taonna
June 5th, 2015, 19:55
I have nothing against a ranger I'd like to bring a Goliath eldritch knight (fighter) or anything but druid if that isn't approved

crb31
June 6th, 2015, 14:12
Thanks Trenloe-I didn't think there would be but good to have it verified.

Guys, I will not buy the complete core package to start with. I intend to run the LMoP pregens- I don't think Goliath's would be in there yet(part of the Princes of the Apocalypse stuff). There is a range fighter as part of the pregens- not a ranger but close. Let me get the core set, see what is included and then I can make final verdicts on Player options then. (right now I need to work- to pay for this stuff!)
Cal

crb31
June 8th, 2015, 14:37
I was hoping to have this set up by this Thursday, 11 June- but its taking me a little longer than anticipated. I will have it up by next. I will also send direct PM to see if you are still interested.
Cal

drunkpanda
June 8th, 2015, 19:47
I would be interested if there is still a spot open.
Looking at Half-elf (Drow) Warlock.

Please let me know. :)

[email protected]

kdconwell1
June 9th, 2015, 02:49
I am interested. I don't understand all the 5e rules completely, but I definately understand a lot of it. I just have a couple of questions that need cleared up then I am all set. I am getting Ultimate on Wednesday if that would allow anyone else to play along with all the 5E modules. I just am not ready to DM yet. I just need a fun group that is will to help me a little with 5E and FG.

Badgered
June 9th, 2015, 03:23
I am certainly interested. I'm not experienced with 5e, but I played a lot of 3.5/4e and I am familiar with Fantasy Grounds. :)

crb31
June 9th, 2015, 04:51
I just completed the purchase of the subscription tonight- I was being stupid around how PayPal worked(don't ask)- and tomorrow I should be getting the rule set and the module. I have run this before in another online format (ah-hem) and looking forward to this. When I get everything set up I will post in the calendar, after I send you a PM. Thanks I am really excited about this and really looking forward to it! :D

I just got everything purchased- basic rules and module. If anyone has a good resource on how to get things going...I would greatly appreciate it! thanks for your patience and thanks for you help!

Badgered
June 9th, 2015, 06:44
I just completed the purchase of the subscription tonight- I was being stupid around how PayPal worked(don't ask)- and tomorrow I should be getting the rule set and the module. I have run this before in another online format (ah-hem) and looking forward to this. When I get everything set up I will post in the calendar, after I send you a PM. Thanks I am really excited about this and really looking forward to it! :D

I just got everything purchased- basic rules and module. If anyone has a good resource on how to get things going...I would greatly appreciate it! thanks for your patience and thanks for you help!

The best resource I can find is this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/buyFG/DungeonsAndDragons.html

The wiki hasn't been fully updated yet with 5e stuff. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/User_Guides

kdconwell1
June 9th, 2015, 08:44
I would like to play. I played about 15 years ago, but it has been a long time. I have read through the rule book, and I understand a good portion of it. There are parts that need better understanding. I am new to FG. I bought version two but never really use it. I just updated to the standard edition and am upgrading to the ultimate edition on Wednesday. I have had the same luck with other groups no response, so please at least consider me and respond to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

kdconwell1
June 9th, 2015, 12:06
I would be interested in playing anytime is fine in my schedule

AxitMaster
June 9th, 2015, 13:01
Hi T.Rust Monster

Hope you have a spare spot for me to play, please let me know. Available pretty much any time any day and also open to play anything needed by party.

Can I suggest you look at using TeamSpeak as I believe the Fantasy Grounds team speak servers are available for use.

Drop me an email mate.

crb31
June 9th, 2015, 14:17
I think as it stands with all the people that have responded I have the player slots allocated- Give me a day or three to figure the software out and get it up in the calendar. At least it seems the set up time will be a lot shorter!! Cal

Daedalus
June 9th, 2015, 14:25
Very cool. Maybe with all of the interest I should seriously consider running a D&D 5th edition game as well. As it stands though I am still interested in playing in this game. Want to actually play not just run games.

DeathTauRus
June 10th, 2015, 01:53
sure XD hoping to hear from you soon~~~

Daedalus
June 10th, 2015, 14:45
Just whenever you are ready to go let us know

thomasdarkrose
June 11th, 2015, 21:15
If there's still room for one more I would be interested, the time frame and day of the week pose no issues for me. I've been looking foreword to getting my teeth sunk into FG and a 5E campaign for a while now. If there's still room I'll play whatever role is needed.

crb31
June 11th, 2015, 22:03
I may still have room- not sure. I am planning on starting next Thursday afternoon/evening. Right now I am learning how to get the settings up and working properly. Please PM me and I when I get this up I will notify you and the others who have done that- first.

Daedalus
June 13th, 2015, 21:26
Any update on this? Will we start on this Thursday? Are we using pre-gens?

crb31
June 14th, 2015, 02:56
Yes still looking to do this- I want to make sure I have at least a basic understanding of how FG works I will get the invites sent and it up tomorrow-Sunday June 14.

Yes we are using PreGens.

Daedalus
June 14th, 2015, 21:26
Yes still looking to do this- I want to make sure I have at least a basic understanding of how FG works I will get the invites sent and it up tomorrow-Sunday June 14.

Yes we are using PreGens.

Ok thanks for the follow up

tadkil
June 15th, 2015, 03:52
Are you guys filled up?

crb31
June 15th, 2015, 05:36
Okay guys/gals it is up in the calendar. We are using PreGens. Please play thoughtfully and for fun- not to blatantly hurt or offend someone. Choose your character here- when you log in, you will have to choose your character there too. I would prefer to use hangouts or Roll20 for communication. If the time is not agreeable to anyone\everyone I will change it.
This is a group effort...sounds sort of stupid, but that is the truth.

Characters:
Human Fighter folk hero Archery Fighting style
Human Fighter Noble Defense fighting style
High-Elf Wizard Acolyte
Lightfoot Halfling Rogue Criminal
Hill Dwarf Cleric Disciple of life Solder

Please post here with your character choice.

If the group fills up, I will entertain starting another group- same exact deal- just not at the same day or time...

Apostrophe
June 15th, 2015, 06:56
I would like to play the Human Fighter (Noble, Defense). Looking forward to our first session!

DeathTauRus
June 15th, 2015, 10:36
i'll take the rouge pls XD

crb31
June 15th, 2015, 14:13
I'm just keeping the thread alive...
Characters:
Human Fighter folk hero Archery Fighting style
Human Fighter Noble Defense fighting style - Apostrophe
High-Elf Wizard Acolyte
Lightfoot Halfling Rogue Criminal - DeathTauRus
Hill Dwarf Cleric Disciple of life Solder

No one has posted how they would prefer to communicate. Would creating a hangout through Roll20 be agreeable? Also please vote on the start time- I want to make sure this works!!!
Cal

Daedalus
June 15th, 2015, 14:26
crb31: I am assuming that this is the calendar entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1467 ?

Also I would like the Human Fighter Archery Style

crb31
June 15th, 2015, 14:30
Yes it is!

dxmichelle
June 15th, 2015, 17:14
I pm'ed you

Daedalus
June 15th, 2015, 17:40
Yes it is!

Just thought I would help by posting it so people had an easier time finding it.

You are Mountain Time which I think is one hour earlier than EST, am I correct?

Kray
June 15th, 2015, 17:53
Heya I would be interested new player to FG and with a little heads up can be available pretty much anytime within reason(8am-12am) eastern time

crb31
June 15th, 2015, 18:06
Kray just making sure I understand- your available most mornings? Or should it be 8am-12pm? Cal

crb31
June 15th, 2015, 18:07
Just thought I would help by posting it so people had an easier time finding it.

You are Mountain Time which I think is one hour earlier than EST, am I correct? two hours, 7 pm your time is 4 pm mine.

Kray
June 15th, 2015, 18:39
from 8am to midnight eastern time just need abit of a heads up and I should be able to make pretty much anytime work

Daedalus
June 15th, 2015, 19:33
from 8am to midnight eastern time just need abit of a heads up and I should be able to make pretty much anytime work

So 6pm MDT (which is what you have posted) is 8pm my time. Ok got it

crb31
June 15th, 2015, 19:50
Nooooo. I have 4pm posted MDT. Which should be 6pm your time. If you have your profile filled out it should posted in your profile/settings time. As I understand it.

crb31
June 15th, 2015, 22:42
two hours, 7 pm your time is 4 pm mine.
Right now, my math is miserable. Should be 6pm your time is 4pm mine...

Daedalus
June 16th, 2015, 14:52
Right now, my math is miserable. Should be 6pm your time is 4pm mine...

Ok because my confusion is that on the calendar it says 6pm which I was assuming was your time. Might be cutting it close for me getting home and everything but I should be able to make it

dxmichelle
June 16th, 2015, 15:16
I thought it was 5pm mountain time? I think I looked at the 5pm time and the MDT by the GM's name? But then on the bottom it says "all times are EST"

crb31
June 16th, 2015, 16:01
Game time is 4pm MDT. 6pm EST. I have received notice that someone else might be late, so if I need to push back the time a little or so let me know, please.(4:30- 5pm?) Thanks-

Daedalus
June 16th, 2015, 16:20
I thought it was 5pm mountain time? I think I looked at the 5pm time and the MDT by the GM's name? But then on the bottom it says "all times are EST"

It looks like it changes the time on the calendar to the time zone you have set up in your settings. So though its 4pm crb's time if you are in the EST time zone then it will show the EST time zone (I think)

Daedalus
June 16th, 2015, 16:21
Game time is 4pm MDT. 6pm EST. I have received notice that someone else might be late, so if I need to push back the time a little or so let me know, please.(4:30- 5pm?) Thanks-

Could we make it 5pm your time (7 pm est)? That would be much easier for me

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 16:26
It looks like it changes the time on the calendar to the time zone you have set up in your settings. So though its 4pm crb's time if you are in the EST time zone then it will show the EST time zone (I think)
Sorry for jumping into the thread here.

TL;DR - the time you see in the game calendar is your time, not anyone else's time. (As long as your time zone is set correctly in your profile).

To confirm - what Daedalus says is correct. The game calendar "scheduled play times" section will show the time of the game in *your* time zone. The key to this working properly is each user has to have their time zone entered correctly in their profile. The current time zone for *you* is shown at the bottom of the "scheduled play times" section in "All times are XXX" where XXX is your time zone. If this is incorrect there is a "change" link to the right of this to allow you to go and change your time zone to the correct one.

This is "supposed" to make it easy for all of you to get the right time.

GM or players enter the time and date in their own time zone.
The times and dates shown in the scheduled play times section will always display in your own time zone.

dxmichelle
June 16th, 2015, 16:32
Yes, if you could make it 5pm mountain time, it would be easier for me too. But on the calendar, I think maybe you set it for 3pm mountain time? Because, it is not converting correctly.

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 16:46
Yes, if you could make it 5pm mountain time, it would be easier for me too. But on the calendar, I think maybe you set it for 3pm mountain time? Because, it is not converting correctly.
The calendar is currently showing 4pm Mountain Daylight Time (MDT). If you're in North America and you are in Mountain Time (and not in Arizona) then you should be using MDT as you are currently in daylight savings. If you're in Arizona you should be using MST (Mountain Standard Time) all year as Arizona doesn't use daylight savings.

Just make sure your correct time zone is set in your profile - if you're currently in MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) then select:
Time Zone: (GMT -7:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
DST Correction Option: Automatically detect DST settings

If you're in Arizona:
Time Zone: (GMT -7:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
DST Correction Option: DST corrections always off

dxmichelle
June 16th, 2015, 16:58
I'm in Central Time, it says 4pm on Thursday central time, yet according to google, MDT is 1 hour behind central time... I don't care exactly what the calendar says, I just want to make sure so I don't miss the game accidentally.

Daedalus
June 16th, 2015, 17:02
Sorry for jumping into the thread here.

To confirm - what Daedalus says is correct.

You had me at "I was right" ;)

crb31
June 16th, 2015, 17:28
Trenloe- thanks for the help! It is appreciated. Look, a new FG DM is spreading his dusty leathery wings!(reference me, DMing first time in FG-in case it wasn't clear)

Players, could we kick back the time to 5pm MDT? (I just confirmed 4pm I game calander, how do I change it? I think I need to delete it and put in a new entry??)
Thanks folks!

Daedalus
June 16th, 2015, 19:11
Trenloe- thanks for the help! It is appreciated. Look, a new FG DM is spreading his dusty leathery wings!(reference me, DMing first time in FG-in case it wasn't clear)

Players, could we kick back the time to 5pm MDT? (I just confirmed 4pm I game calander, how do I change it? I think I need to delete it and put in a new entry??)
Thanks folks!

That works best. To change the time you click the edit link under the box with the time and you can change it there

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 19:25
I'm in Central Time, it says 4pm on Thursday central time, yet according to google, MDT is 1 hour behind central time...
MDT is one hour behind CDT (Central Daylight Time) - not CST (Central Standard Time). Check what your "DST Correction Option" is set to in your profile. If your "scheduled play times" section says "All times are CST" (Central Standard Time) and you're currently in daylight savings time then you need to change the DST correction options in your profile until the "scheduled play times" section says "All times are CDT" (Central Daylight Time).

I don't care exactly what the calendar says, I just want to make sure so I don't miss the game accidentally.
I understand. But getting your settings right now and you won't have to worry about it in future - for this campaign or any other you join. People play on FG from all around the world, so it's vital that everyone gets their profile settings correct to avoid confusion and two pages in a thread just discussing exactly when a game is going to start.

stripestiger
June 16th, 2015, 20:00
I would like to play if it's not too late to join.

crb31
June 17th, 2015, 02:32
Right now it looks as though it is filled up. I might be looking to start a second group and I will keep you in mind.

crb31
June 17th, 2015, 14:19
I've had enough interest expressed and I was seriously considering starting up a second group. The time I can easily see as being available is Sunday Mornings. Is there any interest in that time if you aren't already in my first group?

Daedalus
June 18th, 2015, 16:17
I've had enough interest expressed and I was seriously considering starting up a second group. The time I can easily see as being available is Sunday Mornings. Is there any interest in that time if you aren't already in my first group?

It would be nice if we could get people to broaden their horizons and try games other than D&D. There is more to rpgs than D&D. I can't see how people can only play one game/genre and not get bored.

crb31
June 18th, 2015, 19:57
Well... Daedalus thanks.
If there are any of the people that posted on this thread interested in doing a run through of LMoP possibly on Sundays in the morning, please PM me.

Daedalus
June 18th, 2015, 20:27
Back on the topic of this game which is going on tonight. Are we using the Team speak server made especially for Fantasy Grounds?

crb31
June 18th, 2015, 22:51
For the server information please look at the calendar entry.

Daedalus
June 19th, 2015, 17:30
Fun game last night. Thanks. We just have to get our rolls to be better. And stop getting hurt so damn much

dxmichelle
June 19th, 2015, 17:47
That was a good game yesterday, still just to rescue that little dwarf!

crb31
June 19th, 2015, 17:48
Lol Daedalus thanks.

Daedalus
June 19th, 2015, 18:49
That was a good game yesterday, still just to rescue that little dwarf!

Yeah, considering what we are getting paid that dwarf is not worth it ;)

Daedalus
June 19th, 2015, 18:50
Lol Daedalus thanks.

No problem

Daedalus
June 20th, 2015, 20:59
So are we starting at 7 on the dot on Thursday next week?

crb31
June 20th, 2015, 21:52
Yes, I will be there a little early and get the game going at 7 EST. I try to think of the people who might be running late but I understand that game time gets seriously affected.

Daedalus
June 21st, 2015, 00:01
Ok Sounds good

Daedalus
June 23rd, 2015, 16:33
Two more days until murder and mayhem. Wooohoo

crb31
June 23rd, 2015, 18:04
The countdown begins!

Daedalus
June 23rd, 2015, 20:52
The countdown begins!

Yeah. One of the priorities should be to heal me. Because if I go down the party is in a lot of trouble

Daedalus
June 24th, 2015, 15:44
Death comes tomorrow..............

crb31
June 24th, 2015, 17:08
Hahahahahahaha! Don't you know it!

Daedalus
June 25th, 2015, 20:02
Hahahahahahaha! Don't you know it!

Death day is here. Oh no! ;)

crb31
June 26th, 2015, 04:25
it looks as though group is filled. Thanks for the interest.

Daedalus
June 28th, 2015, 05:49
it looks as though group is filled. Thanks for the interest.

This is a good thing after the mess of a battle we got into last session. Kray almost died what, twice?

Daedalus
July 2nd, 2015, 14:31
Are we playing tonight? I wasn't sure with the upcoming holiday and all

crb31
July 2nd, 2015, 15:20
yes we are playing!!

TheShroud
July 3rd, 2015, 00:20
I would be interested in playing, I am EST and I get home around 8PM my time. not sure if that works for you. Let me know!!

crb31
July 15th, 2015, 13:18
We have a couple openings. Looking for a mage player using Pregen character please PM me.

crb31
July 15th, 2015, 17:20
Bump

crb31
July 15th, 2015, 20:37
We still are looking for one. Please PM me for more info.

crb31
July 15th, 2015, 21:53
We have a full group right now.

crb31
July 22nd, 2015, 16:38
Just a reminder that we are playing tomorrow night!

Awhole
July 23rd, 2015, 12:14
Hello. I'm very interested in joining a game. Please consider me for your campaign.