PDA

View Full Version : Merge Rules In Templates

dulux-oz
June 4th, 2015, 04:57
Hi Guys,

Quick question: can we use the merge rules on a template entry, or has the v3.1 update broken the merge rules?

Reason I ask is that I've got a (rather long) template from the CoreRPG which I need to modify by changing a single line, so I've used merge="join", but all of the other attributes of the parent template are now nolonger avaliable - including all the <anchored> settings.

So, is it me of something else? :)

Cheers

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2015, 09:54
The merge attribute is not supported on templates.

You can either redefine the template, or create another template to inherit from that one (but then you have to change the sheetdata references, if they're not all your own).

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
June 4th, 2015, 10:21

You can either redefine the template, or create another template to inherit from that one (but then you have to change the sheetdata references, if they're not all your own).

Regards,
JPG

Thanks Moon - that explains what's happening :)

Cheers

Trenloe
June 4th, 2015, 15:24
Does "mergerule" still work/is supported on templates? The Ruleset Modification Guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/templates.xcp) says:

"Simply merging is not sufficient for some uses in templates. Therefore, any tag in a template may contain a "mergerule" attribute taking one of the following values."

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2015, 17:50
Yes, the merge attribute and mergerule attribute do work on the data within templates, just not on the template definitions themselves.

JPG

Trenloe
June 4th, 2015, 18:10
Yes, the merge attribute and mergerule attribute do work on the data within templates, just not on the template definitions themselves.
Ah, OK - thanks for clarifying.