PDA

View Full Version : Princes of the Apocalypse Players Companion Module

xcmkerr
June 3rd, 2015, 22:26
Has anyone built one? Is anyone in process? My Par5e skills are rusty and I'm running thin on time till I run PotA, so any help would be appreciated!

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 23:27
This material can't be distributed/shared outside of the official channels due to copyright restrictions - even the free PDFs contain a clear copyright notice. This should be in the store at some point - see post #6 below.

epithet
June 4th, 2015, 01:43
Trenloe, that applies equally to the basic rules. It seems like the Player's Companion should be put up on the FG store for a dollar or two, no?

Trenloe
June 4th, 2015, 01:49
Trenloe, that applies equally to the basic rules.
Absolutely, that's why I referred to "the free PDFs". When I was saying "can't be distributed" I was referring to the OP asking for a copy.

It seems like the Player's Companion should be put up on the FG store for a dollar or two, no?
I agree. I'm sure it will be at some point.

Mavrik6666
June 4th, 2015, 10:18
I know this has been discussed a lot... but don't you guys have the right to distribute ?

Zeus
June 4th, 2015, 12:37
We have finished preparing the PotA and the EE PC modules, they will be submitted through the usual approvals process and will arrive in the store in due course.

damned
June 4th, 2015, 12:46
I know this has been discussed a lot... but don't you guys have the right to distribute ?

See this post:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23408-WotC-Releases-Elemental-Evil-Player-s-Companion-(5e)&p=213842&viewfull=1#post213842

damned
June 4th, 2015, 12:47
Darn it - Zeus posted while I was searching for that post!

Zacchaeus
June 4th, 2015, 20:11
Darn it - Zeus posted while I was searching for that post!

Clearly there's a time difference between Olympus and Australia :)

damned
June 5th, 2015, 01:44
Clearly there's a time difference between Olympus and Australia :)

I think Zeus is both faster AND Im just slower....

epithet
June 20th, 2015, 01:26
Any word on how long of a course might be due for the EE PC?

I'm looking at the pdf, looking at PAR5E, and thinking "As soon as I get that into a module, they'll put it up on the store."

dxmichelle
June 20th, 2015, 16:29
That would be great! maybe in time for the steam sale? *wishfully thinking*

JohnD
June 20th, 2015, 17:14
I doubt that we'll get a new product release that immediately goes on sale.

epithet
June 20th, 2015, 18:09
But... the Elemental Evil Player's Companion was released more than 2 months ago.

My expectation--perhaps unrealistic--is that products might find their way onto the FG storefront about a month after they're available in a traditional format. I understand that there's a backlog, but I would have anticipated that the Companion (being a relatively small, free pdf) would be "fast tracked" through the approval process. I would guess that Zeus had the par5ed module ready to go within a couple of days of the pdf being released, so we're waiting on someone at Wiz to fire up the PC, load the FG module, and say "yep, that's what was in the pdf."

TASagent
June 20th, 2015, 18:41
I expect they were prepared to be released together. Otherwise, different people would have almost the same question of "I see the players guide, why isn't the adventure available?".

TASagent
June 20th, 2015, 18:51
Plus, I believe the adventure is supposed to come with the player's guide, but that would mean people who intended to buy the adventure would have to hold off and not buy the player's guide by itself if they didn't want to spend unnecessary money.

JohnD
June 20th, 2015, 18:53
But... the Elemental Evil Player's Companion was released more than 2 months ago.

My expectation--perhaps unrealistic--is that products might find their way onto the FG storefront about a month after they're available in a traditional format. I understand that there's a backlog, but I would have anticipated that the Companion (being a relatively small, free pdf) would be "fast tracked" through the approval process. I would guess that Zeus had the par5ed module ready to go within a couple of days of the pdf being released, so we're waiting on someone at Wiz to fire up the PC, load the FG module, and say "yep, that's what was in the pdf."

No, I mean that there won't be a new product offering while the summer sale is on.

JeffKnight
June 23rd, 2015, 13:44
My guess is that it's stuck in the WotC approval process. If there is one thing we know, it is that WotC is the slowest part of the equation. I would also agree that we won't see any new products, especially the licensed ones, during the summer sale.

epithet
June 23rd, 2015, 16:19
Zeus has already confirmed that it was submitted to Wiz weeks ago. Either they are intentionally holding off so that the two (EEPC and PotA) can be released at the same time, or they're doing some Olympic grade thumb twiddling.

Revidy
June 24th, 2015, 01:08
I read somewhere that they are hoping to do a parallel release once Rage of Demons comes out so that it shows up on FG at the same time as stores which would be amazing.

Larac
June 24th, 2015, 20:30
Perhaps WOTC is still have jury duty issues.

TASagent
June 24th, 2015, 20:35
Like Grand Jury duty.

A roommate in grad school got stuck on a grand jury. That did not look fun.