PDA

View Full Version : CT Actions tab not expanding automatically for NPCs

dj-wedge
June 3rd, 2015, 16:23
I noticed last night that the Actions tab (the sword icon) on the Combat Tracker was no longer automatically expanding for the active NPC when their initiative came up. Is this an option now? I certainly did like that and would like that option turned back on.

LOVE the new theme, by the way. Has a very "old school" effect. My group got into an argument over exactly which old books you were trying to emulate. They were convinced it was matching the old class handbooks from 2nd edition era. I had to actually send them all a text image to prove it was not the same. But still the general consensus was that - after fixing the NPCs issue with a quick search/replace in my db.xml file - the new changes were VERY positive.

Wedgie

Nylanfs
June 3rd, 2015, 17:20
Hey DJ, you know you can hand those lite licenses off to people and they can use them to purchase full licenses at a discount?

dj-wedge
June 3rd, 2015, 18:11
Hey DJ, you know you can hand those lite licenses off to people and they can use them to purchase full licenses at a discount?

I did not know that. Hrmm.... presents for the party!

Maybe the stupid bard will stop messing with absolutely EVERYTHING. Drives me crazy...

Zacchaeus
June 3rd, 2015, 19:25
I noticed last night that the Actions tab (the sword icon) on the Combat Tracker was no longer automatically expanding for the active NPC when their initiative came up. Is this an option now? I certainly did like that and would like that option turned back on.

This no longer happens as of the current version. And there isn't an option, see patch notes here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it, but I, too, found it handy. Having said that I mainly used the NPC's sheet since I would have that open anyway to make sure that I didn't miss anything special. Now, with all of the added functionality, I might not do that. We'll see. :)

dj-wedge
June 3rd, 2015, 22:29
I noticed that. I read the entire patch notes and was a bit chagrined to see that they actually turned it off on purpose! *gasp* How could they not be thinking EXACTLY the same as me? The horror!

epithet
June 4th, 2015, 01:40
I kind-of felt the same way about CT actions for PCs. I would, from time-to-time, put a damage roll into an action on a PC so that the player would have "ownership" of the damage. For example, if you shove a hobgoblin off a cliff, I would throw a quick fall damage entry into your character's actions so that the fall damage came from you in the chat window.

Can't do that any more.

Larac
June 4th, 2015, 03:52
Hope the NPC has a toggle added at some point.

dj-wedge
June 9th, 2015, 15:39
[5E] Reverted back to auto opening combat subsection when NPC becomes active in combat tracker. This may become an option, if needed.

Thank you!

dj-wedge
June 10th, 2015, 03:39
Unfortunately I found a small bug - the actions tab is indeed expanding when an NPC comes up on the CT, but it is not contracting again when the turn passes down the CT as it used to.