PDA

View Full Version : Visual Tagging (for lack of a better phrase)

msd
December 10th, 2004, 04:21
Say I want to add a bunch of feats into my feats.xml (from Draconomicon...not that it matters). And say that I would like to be able to earmark the feat as being from that source.

Other than doing something like this in the XML...

<h>GREATER SPELL PENETRATION &#91;GENERAL - DRACONOMICON&#93;</h>

Is there a way to tag this so that it shows up visually in the interface other than the way Ive done it?

Also, did I miss the documentation on how to work with the house rules section? Would it possible to create a completely different feats.xml and simply add a link from the house rules section?

I *KNOW* I am being a pain with all the questions, but this software has me wicked excited...

Thanks,
matt

Goblin-King
December 10th, 2004, 09:30
There are some formatting options, such as boldface, italics and underline (which don't work inside heading tags, though) that you could use. Maybe have it on the first line in italics or something? Not exactly sure what you are after, though...

On the house rule front, check out the tutorial thread (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=40).

msd
December 10th, 2004, 23:09
There are some formatting options, such as boldface, italics and underline (which don't work inside heading tags, though) that you could use. Maybe have it on the first line in italics or something? Not exactly sure what you are after, though...

On the house rule front, check out the tutorial thread (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=40).

Yeah, I essentially wanted a way (when I am flipping through all the feats/monsters/etc.) to be have some visual indicator as to what is core and what is something that I have added from another source. I can obviously add it into the text as one option.

I think I will go with the custom rule approach and just have a CompleteWarriorFeats.xml (or whatever) and just start adding non-core content that way.

In any event, thanks for the response and the link to the other thread. Helpful.

-matt