PDA

View Full Version : Monster manual acting funny after patch

Treebeard
June 3rd, 2015, 03:06
Hello,

I just updated my FG version and now it appears my monster manual is not working as expected here is a screen cap of what I'm seeing. I tried to reload the modules and DLC though steam but it wont come back to normal.

Anyone have any ideas what to try?

damned
June 3rd, 2015, 03:34
Cant see your image yet but there are some other posts reporting issues with a MM change.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 03:36
This is related to the MM having the NPCs removed from the campaign NPC list. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out&p=215055&viewfull=1#post215055

Hopefully there'll be an update to resolve this soon.

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2015, 09:30
Please see my response here. It was a mis-configuration in the original MM product that added these creatures to the campaign list at all.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24535-Release-v3-1-0&p=215305&viewfull=1#post215305

After discussion, we are not planning to put them back in the campaign list for performance reasons. Also, the MM is supposed to be a reference manual and thus read only, which the library versions of the records are.

It looks like you have possibly made modifications to the creatures in your MM, which is causing them to show up in the list. If you have not made any changes to the MM creatures, you can right click on the module in the Module Activation window and select the Revert Changes option. All of those entries should go away. If you have deliberately made changes, then I can work with you to salvage those changes. Just send a note to [email protected] .

Regards,
JPG

Treebeard
June 9th, 2015, 20:40
Thanks for the info

I can easily re-work what i did so i will be fine there.

One final question. I cannot seem to find the Images for the creatures anymore. They used to be in images, is there somewhere i can find those?

Trenloe
June 9th, 2015, 20:52
One final question. I cannot seem to find the Images for the creatures anymore. They used to be in images, is there somewhere i can find those?
The link to the image is in the "Other" tab of the NPC record itself.

Trenloe
June 16th, 2015, 01:00
I try bringing up the image from the "other" tab, but keep getting the error:

"Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (DD MM Monster Manual)."

I've reloaded the module a few times now and it isn't fixing it. I can't fix the link on the sheet because it's set to "read only" now too.
Try this in a completely new 5E campaign to see if it works there.