PDA

View Full Version : Missing NPCs after update

merlinpaladin
June 2nd, 2015, 23:29
All my encounters broke because I had used the monsters from the NPC tab. Now the only monsters still in that tab are the ones I created and I have to recreate each encounter using the monster manual directly. Annoying since I have two built campaigns and have to redo all that work.
Also if possible I would like to request the ability to roll 4d6 and drop the lowest inside of the campaign for my friends that dont have the ability to utilize the manage character function. We currently do it manually but I was hoping you would be able to add a tab much like the current manage character chat bar.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 23:53
All my encounters broke because I had used the monsters from the NPC tab. Now the only monsters still in that tab are the ones I created and I have to recreate each encounter using the monster manual directly. Annoying since I have two built campaigns and have to redo all that work.
How had you added the monsters to the NPC tab? Where they part of a module or were they dragged from the library? If they were part of a module, make sure that the module is activated in the library -> module activation screen.

merlinpaladin
June 3rd, 2015, 00:03
Trenloe they used to be in the NPC tab they had a tab that was the monster manual. This tab is now empty and the only way I can see monsters with the new patch is by opening up the monster manual under library

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 00:17
Trenloe they used to be in the NPC tab they had a tab that was the monster manual. This tab is now empty and the only way I can see monsters with the new patch is by opening up the monster manual under library
Can you drag the NPC from the library to the empty NPC tab?

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 00:18
Moved to new thread while we try to work out a fix for your issue.

merlinpaladin
June 3rd, 2015, 00:44
Yes but they used to be in the npc tab by default under a monster manual tab. Now there are only monsters I have modified showing up there.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 01:01
Yes but they used to be in the npc tab by default under a monster manual tab. Now there are only monsters I have modified showing up there.
Looks like the functionality of how the MM module is packaged has been changed.

To fix your previously created encounters, you can edit the campaign XML if you're willing? It will be a one off fix, it won't change how the NPCs are listed in the new Monster Manual. If you're willing to fix your encounters with a bit of XML editing reply to this thread and I'll provide instructions - basically find/replace in a text file.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 01:09
Missing NPC reason logged back in the 5E bugs thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out&p=215055&viewfull=1#post215055

Thanks for raising this issue.

Zeus
June 3rd, 2015, 09:57
Thanks for reporting guys. I have updated the MM and queued it for the update.

merlinpaladin
June 3rd, 2015, 15:36
Thank you both as well. I really love this tabletop and all the wonderful support!