PDA

View Full Version : can you go back a version

belkasro
June 2nd, 2015, 21:36
https://gyazo.com/b7720f4fdd0daa9fc334056be060f19f

im having issues trying to connect to the hose and that image should help. is it possible to go back a version

JohnD
June 2nd, 2015, 21:48
Get your DM to update.

Also, the threads need to line up - if you get cross threaded you'll be sprayed.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 22:46
Everyone should be on the same version and their isn't a mechanism to roll back. If the GM hasn't updated to v3.1.0 ask them to update. If they have a specific reason why they don't want to update ask them to post in the forums to either get a fix or discuss their issue/s.

Nickademus
June 3rd, 2015, 12:47
If they have a specific reason why they don't want to update ask them to post in the forums to either get a fix or discuss their issue/s.

I don't see why it's so hard to believe that a GM would not want to update to a version that has known bugs. Would be nice to be able to wait a couple days for the hotfix before updating. But as soon as a player hits that red button and updates, the GM must choose either to run with the new bugs or tell the player they can't play. Thanks Smite Works...

Mirloc
June 4th, 2015, 01:01
I just keep my players informed. If a new version comes out I look it over on my desktop (not the one I run the games on, but the one I do my development work on) and if I don't find anything significant to stop the upgrade I upgrade my laptop and email the players telling them to upgrade or not depending on my results.

If there are issues with the upgrade that would adversely affect your players, then send an email telling them not to upgrade.

Nickademus
June 5th, 2015, 02:14
If there are issues with the upgrade that would adversely affect your players, then send an email telling them not to upgrade.

That's not an option. A player can play in multiple games and as soon as one GM updates, the player must, thus the other GMs must or the player can't play.

damned
June 5th, 2015, 02:34
That's not an option. A player can play in multiple games and as soon as one GM updates, the player must, thus the other GMs must or the player can't play.

your points are valid Nickademus but at the same time this is a platform that requires (not 100% requires but pretty close) everyone to use the same version and due to resources available in a small company they support only the current version. Perhaps the DEV slot could be setup with the previous version?