PDA

View Full Version : Thank you so much for Spell slots on NPCS

Larac
June 2nd, 2015, 20:53
Will speed play for myself.

Thank you again.

Zacchaeus
June 2nd, 2015, 22:34
Seconded. And also the many other new things which have overall improved functionality.

epithet
June 2nd, 2015, 22:45
Is there a way to tick off spell slots for NPCs now? If so, I'm not seeing it.

JohnD
June 2nd, 2015, 22:57
Indeed.

Zeus
June 3rd, 2015, 10:00
Glad you like the new NPC spells guys. At the moment, NPC spell slot tracking needs to be manually managed by the DM.

nic227
June 3rd, 2015, 15:15
It is nice BUT on some npcs it is a lot of info to scroll thur. it would be nice if they were links or could be minimize. Just sayin'

demonsbane
June 3rd, 2015, 17:41
It is nice BUT on some npcs it is a lot of info to scroll thur. it would be nice if they were links or could be minimize. Just sayin'

I am all for enabling customization of these DnD modules.

Zeus
June 3rd, 2015, 19:23

The problem with linked data, is that we can't parse the content as part of the NPC stat block meaning you would get no attack/damage/effect parsing from the stat block only from the CT when the NPC is added. However I understand your point, fortunately there are only a few NPCs which have very, very , very long lists e.g. Arcanaloth

Larac
June 4th, 2015, 02:41
Those that are really in need of many spells I make a PC and use it.

But the change lets me make a Beastman Shaman with a few key spells for combat, which is very nice.

Or a Cultist that has a spell or two.

More would be great, but this helps me in many ways.

I will still keep my Dump PC where I try out changes for spell effects and keep some of the odd stuff that is planned, but this has cut down some extra windows up to get something to work.

Zeus
June 4th, 2015, 12:57
The 5E ruleset is always evolving. 5E NPC Spells implementation for this release provides the basic functionality albeit at the expense of a slightly cumbersome UI, we will likely improve it over time.