PDA

View Full Version : Cannot join on local network

Xvhir
June 2nd, 2015, 20:39
I just got Ultimate but I can not get my other computer with a free licence, on the same network, to connect. It's running Norton 360 if that is the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
-Bryan Herrick

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 20:41
1) Use the internal IP address to connect to the GM - not the alias or external IP.
2) The free licence computer will need an internet connection to briefly verify the ultimate licence. But, this is done after connecting to the GM (step 1).

Xvhir
June 2nd, 2015, 20:47
I've tried that, also the free licence computer is running Windows 8.1, if that also might be the problem?

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 22:48
also the free licence computer is running Windows 8.1, if that also might be the problem?
Shouldn't be an issue, I run on Windows 8.1.

What problems are you seeing? Are you getting any error messages? Can anyone else connect to the GM? Can the GM connect by running another instance on the same computer and using localhost as the server address?

Xvhir
June 3rd, 2015, 01:04
It says "Could not connect to the host. Check the address and try again". I've tried using the internal address, external address and the alias, but none of them work. And yes I can connect on the same computer with localhost.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 01:11
Only use the internal address (something like 192.168.xx.yy or 10.xx.yy.zz).

Briefly disable any firewalls/anti-virus applications on both the player and GM computer and try connecting.

damned
June 3rd, 2015, 01:16
I just got Ultimate but I can not get my other computer with a free licence, on the same network, to connect. It's running Norton 360 if that is the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
-Bryan Herrick

Create a new rule in Norton 360 to allow ALL incoming cnnections on TCP 1802 from the Local Network and the Internet.

Xvhir
June 3rd, 2015, 01:28
I've tried that and it still doesn't want to connect..
Update
I may have found the problem. I had Macaffe (however you spell it) installed and I just removed it. Now just waiting for the computer to boot, but this might fix it.
update again
It didn't fix it..

damned
June 3rd, 2015, 01:52
sent you a PM.