PDA

View Full Version : Player connection issues

LoStBoyz
June 2nd, 2015, 00:42
I have an Ultimate License.
Some players are able to connect successfully from the web and also locally to my host FG (2 internet and 1 local).
But I have 2 players that have difficulties connecting with the license check error message.
I have asked them to do an exclusion to FG exe on their firewall and antivirus, but still they cannot connect.
One of them somehow manage to connect day before yesterday and had a great time, but after the FG update yesterday, he can't connect again with the same license check error.
Both of them that can't connect has standard wifi connections to their routers, nothing compicated
Is there other stuff that I need to check on their side?
They have no problem connecting to this website.

damned
June 2nd, 2015, 03:19
Do you see them connect at all to your server?
Can they use the Alias or do you use the IP Address?

Can you post the exact error message(s).
Can you also PM your and their IP addresses?

LoStBoyz
June 2nd, 2015, 03:42
It's the license check error. Yes I see them connected from my hosted chat.
Is there a way for ppl to test their connection to a test server or something at fantasy ground? This will help heaps in elimination problems.

LoStBoyz
June 2nd, 2015, 03:45
I use noip for redirection. Works fine for other players. I also gave those that have problems connection my external IP. They still cannot log in, with the license check error message.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 03:46
Is everyone using a free license to connect to your Ultimate licence? Or is it only the free licenced users that get the licence check message?

damned
June 2nd, 2015, 03:53
please have one of your users with issues connect to me at:

vpn.fg-con.com

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 03:56
On the first screen of FG - in the top right hand corner you'll see the version. What, exactly (version number and additional text) is displayed?

LoStBoyz
June 2nd, 2015, 04:00
Yes they are all using free version. The version is the same as mine. Those affected players are reading this now. I will get them to PM you. Thanks.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 04:04
The version is the same as mine.
What, exactly do you see on your computer in the top right hand corner when you first launch FG (version number and additional text)? This might make a difference - please let us know...

LoStBoyz
June 2nd, 2015, 04:19
Well as of yesterday it's 3.0.13 ultimate. I noticed that there is a new version 3.1.0. I have yet to update to that.

EvanMyst
June 2nd, 2015, 04:21
Hello, I am one of the players that are experiencing this connection problem. Basically, everytime we try to connect(fg has been excluded from scans and all that), it tells us we have trouble with the host license check.

My current version of FG is 3.1.0. I hope this is helpful!

damned
June 2nd, 2015, 04:54
Hi EvanMyst - check your PM.

LoStBoyz
June 2nd, 2015, 16:43
OK an update:
EvanMyst did and exclusion on his antivirus and firewall for the FG folders and manage to connect to my FG server.
3 others using FREE version could not connect even after bypassing the antivirus and firewall.....
Some how 2 of them decided to install an open source VPN software and manage to get connected!!!
It seems to suggest that this license checking process is being blocked by some ISP at FG server side due to bad IP blocks?

Nylanfs
June 2nd, 2015, 17:02
Where are your players located, Smiteworks was getting hit with some pretty bad DDoS attacks and blocked a bunch of IP addresses.

LoStBoyz
June 2nd, 2015, 17:55
All malaysians

Moon Wizard
June 2nd, 2015, 18:21
Most of the ranges we had to block were Asian in origin. I've sent a note to Doug to see what we can do to ease restrictions on that check.

Please send a follow-up note to [email protected] as well with pointer to this thread to remind him.

Thanks,
JPG

LoStBoyz
June 3rd, 2015, 10:59
ok I have forwarded the details to the email. Awaiting reply now.... Lets hope we get this resolved ASAP...