PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.1.0

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2015, 23:49
Fantasy Grounds v3.1.0 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release includes:

[5E] Improvements to all official Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition content
[5E] Lots of ruleset improvements and fixes
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Built-in conditions buttons added to campaign effects window.
[SW] Improvements to official Savage Worlds ruleset and related products.
...Minor features and fixes...

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html).

Cheers,
JPG

WhtZombie
June 2nd, 2015, 00:11
Excellent... heading home now to update this :) Keep up the good work guys..

Blahness98
June 2nd, 2015, 01:30
Users of the Alignment Conditions (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20505-Alignment-Condition-extension&p=168812) extension for pathfinder should probably disable it before attempting to use the new update. This extension fills the conditions area with a lot of additional conditions that will overfill the box and require you to re-size the box to accommodate for the additional conditions.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 01:58
Users of the Alignment Conditions (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20505-Alignment-Condition-extension&p=168812) extension for pathfinder should probably disable it before attempting to use the new update. This extension fills the conditions area with a lot of additional conditions that will overfill the box and require you to re-size the box to accommodate for the additional conditions.
Extension updated to use the new 3.1.0 conditionaltag (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24477-One-week-notice-to-new-version-launch&p=214178&viewfull=1#post214178) list, download the updated version here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20505-Alignment-Condition-extension&p=168812

Nylanfs
June 2nd, 2015, 02:18
dang, that a long list of details. :)

Mask_of_winter
June 2nd, 2015, 02:24
I much preferred the old cartoony 5e theme. Stitched leather look of new theme reminds me of a ceo's office or back to school sale at office max. Maybe make the wizard theme the default one and bring back the original theme as an option?

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 02:48
I've checked a few of the commonly used 3.5E/Pathfinder based extensions - some require updates. See the extensions highlighted in red here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15925-List-of-Extensions

I'm relying on other FG developers to do a check of their extensions to see if they need updating.

5E extension updates to come.

Moon Wizard
June 2nd, 2015, 02:50
We could no longer use the cartoonish theme, due to being too similar to another IP that was the original concept.

Regards,
JPG

damned
June 2nd, 2015, 03:12
We could no longer use the cartoonish theme, due to being too similar to another IP that was the original concept.

Sadface.
I really liked that theme. I know not everyone did but it was polished and a little fun.
I better go test Maelstrom RPG and patch it...

JohnD
June 2nd, 2015, 04:08
I quite like the new 'default' 5E theme.

Aaron
June 2nd, 2015, 04:27
While I liked the old theme, this new theme is quite nice as well. I love the little icons on the main side bar buttons (PC, Story, Maps, etc). The new Effects window looks really nice as well.

Thankyou for the update. :)

Zeus
June 2nd, 2015, 08:30
Sadface.
I really liked that theme. I know not everyone did but it was polished and a little fun.
I better go test Maelstrom RPG and patch it...

Yeah, its unfortunate that the style matched too closely to the inspirational source that I used and based them on. Its for this reason, we decided it best to pull the theme.

I quite like the new 'default' 5E theme.

Thanks. Doug was keen for an executive styled theme, so we went with stitched leather for the replacement theme.

While I liked the old theme, this new theme is quite nice as well. I love the little icons on the main side bar buttons (PC, Story, Maps, etc). The new Effects window looks really nice as well.

Thankyou for the update. :)

Your welcome, and glad you like the new theme. For extension developers that might require access to the graphic sources in this theme, PM me with your request and I'll endeavour to support as usual.

merlinpaladin
June 2nd, 2015, 15:08
Fantasy Grounds v3.1.0 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release includes:

[5E] Improvements to all official Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition content
[5E] Lots of ruleset improvements and fixes
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Built-in conditions buttons added to campaign effects window.
[SW] Improvements to official Savage Worlds ruleset and related products.
...Minor features and fixes...

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html).

Cheers,
JPG
Is the release number right shouldn't it be 3.1.2?

viresanimi
June 2nd, 2015, 15:29
Nope.. this is release 3.1.0.

If you see anything higher than that, it is probably a test release and not a "live release".

Vires Animi

Gwaihir Scout
June 2nd, 2015, 15:32
I've checked a few of the commonly used 3.5E/Pathfinder based extensions - some require updates. See the extensions highlighted in red here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15925-List-of-Extensions

I'm relying on other FG developers to do a check of their extensions to see if they need updating.

5E extension updates to come.

Last night I was getting null value errors when trying to drag items from the PFRPG Advanced Rules module into the campaign item list. I haven't checked extensions yet.

Mavrik6666
June 2nd, 2015, 18:59
Like the new theme too... matches my desk protector :)

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40246156/

ChimpMasaki
June 2nd, 2015, 19:07
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but after the latest string of updates I can no longer roll non-standard dice.

For example if I enter the following / command:

/die 1d1040

The result is always "0". Before it would grant me a randomly generated result.

This is affecting my LMoP campaign, but the functionality is broken across all systems it seems.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 19:28
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but after the latest string of updates I can no longer roll non-standard dice.

/die 1d1040

I'm seeing this too - seems to be an issue with the new release of CoreRPG.

(Moved to generic v3.1.0 thread).

JeffKnight
June 2nd, 2015, 20:04
Yeah, its unfortunate that the style matched too closely to the inspirational source that I used and based them on. Its for this reason, we decided it best to pull the theme.

Thanks. Doug was keen for an executive styled theme, so we went with stitched leather for the replacement theme.

Your welcome, and glad you like the new theme. For extension developers that might require access to the graphic sources in this theme, PM me with your request and I'll endeavour to support as usual.

The stitched leather is very sharp looking. I like it. Now I have to decide between the two 5e themes... it's hard. The white background is classy too.

Baron28
June 2nd, 2015, 22:09
Will the innate spelling casting in v3.1.0 of FG work as intended with a Monster Manual created in Par5e or only the Monster Packs?

Moon Wizard
June 2nd, 2015, 23:16
Gwaihir Scout

Last night I was getting null value errors when trying to drag items from the PFRPG Advanced Rules module into the campaign item list. I haven't checked extensions yet.

Definitely check your extensions (i.e. turn all off, then add back in). If not extension issue, please let me know if still seeing and how to recreate. If it is extension issue, please contact the extension creator.

ChimpMasaki

/die 1d1040

Let me look into this.

Baron28

Will the innate spelling casting in v3.1.0 of FG work as intended with a Monster Manual created in Par5e or only the Monster Packs?

It's a completely separate data list for the monster entries in the ruleset. It may not be available in Par5E, but I haven't used that tool.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
June 2nd, 2015, 23:34
So is Smite Works completely scrapping compatibility?

The host is running an incompatible program version. Update and try again.

Gwaihir Scout
June 3rd, 2015, 00:07
Gwaihir Scout

Definitely check your extensions (i.e. turn all off, then add back in). If not extension issue, please let me know if still seeing and how to recreate. If it is extension issue, please contact the extension creator.

It is not caused by the extensions. Dropping items from any module into the Item list gives this error: "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_item.lua"]:222: attempt to index a nil value"
Dropping the items onto a parcel or a character's inventory still works.

Baron28
June 3rd, 2015, 03:40
Gwaihir Scout

ChimpMasaki

Let me look into this.

Baron28

It's a completely separate data list for the monster entries in the ruleset. It may not be available in Par5E, but I haven't used that tool.

Regards,
JPG

Tested my Par5e Monster Manual and currently it is not compatible. This is due to the additional categories for setting up spells, and innate spells. I'm sure the Par5e guys are making adjustments so they can add this data to the monster text file that gets parsed by that tool.

lbealsjr
June 3rd, 2015, 05:37
Used the new update on tonight's game for 5E

- seeing the same issue with parsed NPCs giving a script error

-crashed twice when accessing a map...

- seeing some odd distance calculations on the map when I have the tokens locked down. It almost seems like it is counting the second diagonal move as 10 ft (assuming 5 ft squares) like the earlier versions - can't seem to find a switch to make this work like basic 5E - i.e. every square is 5 ft of movement regardless of diagonals. Anyone else seeing this?

-if I attempt to drag and drop a spell into the innate spell area on the NPC sheet it ends up in the spell area instead - is this the intended effect?

other than that works pretty well, though I do wish the NPC spells had the ability to be collapsed by spell level, makes for a long long list otherwise.

lawrence

damned
June 3rd, 2015, 06:15
- seeing some odd distance calculations on the map when I have the tokens locked down. It almost seems like it is counting the second diagonal move as 10 ft (assuming 5 ft squares) like the earlier versions - can't seem to find a switch to make this work like basic 5E - i.e. every square is 5 ft of movement regardless of diagonals. Anyone else seeing this?
lawrence

I think the pointers ignore squares and directions and measure distance to nearest 5'....? Which is the best solution I think :)

Valarian
June 3rd, 2015, 08:19
So is Smite Works completely scrapping compatibility?
x.1 releases are usually incompatible with each other. It will mean one (or more) people haven't yet upgraded from 3.0.13.

Haeldin
June 3rd, 2015, 08:32
The 5e monster manual is not loading into the 'NPC' tab, nor the 'Images & Map' tab.

Additional notes:
1) You can still see the monster entries via the 'Library' tab, but not the images of course (as they were never available via the Library tab).
2) I've tried this on an existing module and a new one I created tonight.

Apologies in advance if this was mentioned earlier or I'm doing something dumb...

lbealsjr
June 3rd, 2015, 09:30
I think the pointers ignore squares and directions and measure distance to nearest 5'....? Which is the best solution I think :)

What I am seeing is with tokens locked down a player indicates his move...5 diagonal squares...the system shows that that distance is 35 ft. That is not right and it didn't work that way before this update. It means I have to manually count out the squares for both move and range weapon. Haven't checked to see if affects the pointers for srea effects.

Aaron
June 3rd, 2015, 10:16
The 5e monster manual is not loading into the 'NPC' tab, nor the 'Images & Map' tab.

Additional notes:
1) You can still see the monster entries via the 'Library' tab, but not the images of course (as they were never available via the Library tab).

Apologies in advance if this was mentioned earlier or I'm doing something dumb...

My Monster Manual is showing images and NPC's as normal in those tabs. Have you tried de-activating the module in the Library and reactivating, closing and opening the NPC and Maps tabs once you have done so?

damned
June 3rd, 2015, 12:15
What I am seeing is with tokens locked down a player indicates his move...5 diagonal squares...the system shows that that distance is 35 ft. That is not right and it didn't work that way before this update. It means I have to manually count out the squares for both move and range weapon. Haven't checked to see if affects the pointers for srea effects.

5 diagonal squares is 5 squares right and 5 squares up (or some combination of 2 different axis).
5x5=25
5x5=25
25+25 = 50
squre root of 50 is 7.07
7 x 5' is 35'
the arrow is measuring the actual distance to the nearest 5'

Treebeard
June 3rd, 2015, 15:32
Having the same problem with the Monster manual. Tried reloading removing the DLC in steam and re-adding still seeing the same issue.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 15:51
Having the same problem with the Monster manual. Tried reloading removing the DLC in steam and re-adding still seeing the same issue.
It's been fixed and scheduled for the next update: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24547-Missing-NPCs-after-update&p=215131&viewfull=1#post215131

Blackfoot
June 3rd, 2015, 16:20
What I am seeing is with tokens locked down a player indicates his move...5 diagonal squares...the system shows that that distance is 35 ft. That is not right and it didn't work that way before this update. It means I have to manually count out the squares for both move and range weapon. Haven't checked to see if affects the pointers for srea effects.I know for PF the rule is every other diagonal counts as 10.. the 1st is 5... so 5 diagonals would be... 3x5+2x10=35.. no?

Braindrop
June 3rd, 2015, 17:22
Maybe i missed something but i didn't read anyone having similar problems. After the patch i am unable to load my existent Savage World campaign and i cannot create a new Savage World campaign either (not even with no extensions at all)
"Ruleset: Error unable to load ruleset file (base.xml) Do you want to try reloading the data?"

My other running campaign with the Rolemaster Ruleset loads fine.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 17:24
Maybe i missed something but i didn't read anyone having similar problems. After the patch i am unable to load my existent Savage World campaign and i cannot create a new Savage World campaign either (not even with no extensions at all)
"Ruleset: Error unable to load ruleset file (base.xml) Do you want to try reloading the data?"
Sounds like your update didn't complete properly. Try running it again. If that doesn't work, go to <FG App Data>\rulesets, delete "SavageWorlds.pak" and run the update again.

Braindrop
June 3rd, 2015, 17:36
Sounds like your update didn't complete properly. Try running it again. If that doesn't work, go to <FG App Data>\rulesets, delete "SavageWorlds.pak" and run the update again.

Thank you for your help
deleting the existing ruleset, the update worked this time. Apparently i cannot load the Slipstream extension and the Necropolis extension at the same time now but it doesn't matter and i am unsure whether this was yet the same before the patch.

ddavison
June 3rd, 2015, 20:42
For movement, the map distance calculations are using the more accurate method of measurement indicated in the DMG. This counts it like it used to do in 3.5E and Pathfinder as well, where each odd diagonal move counts as 10' instead of 5'. Moving diagonal two squares is therefore 15' instead of 10'.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 20:48

/die 1d1040

This is affecting my LMoP campaign, but the functionality is broken across all systems it seems.
Looks like this also effects the CoC damage dice: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24562-Latest-CoC-update-broke-my-damage-dices

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2015, 09:00
Gwaihir Scout

It is not caused by the extensions. Dropping items from any module into the Item list gives this error: "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_item.lua"]:222: attempt to index a nil value"
Dropping the items onto a parcel or a character's inventory still works.

I found the issue. Thanks for reporting.

Ibealsjr

- seeing the same issue with parsed NPCs giving a script error

I don't see a reference to script errors previously in this thread. Can you provide more detail?

Ibealsjr

The distance calculations are based on the 1.5 diagonal counting used in 3.5E and PFRPG. This is a little more exact than the 1 diagonal count used in 4E. I looked it up tonight, and technically the 5E default should be 1 distance per diagonal as you mentioned. However, it has not changed since the 5E ruleset originally launched, so I don't want to change on the fly. I'll need to look into adding an option to adjust on a per campaign basis.

Ibealsjr

-if I attempt to drag and drop a spell into the innate spell area on the NPC sheet it ends up in the spell area instead - is this the intended effect?
other than that works pretty well, though I do wish the NPC spells had the ability to be collapsed by spell level, makes for a long long list otherwise.

This is a new feature for 5E. We actually debated internally about showing the spells the way they are versus something more complex. In the end, it made more sense to have the UI be a little more cumbersome for the few NPCs that actually have lots of spells vs. making the whole UI more difficult for all NPCs. I'm sure this will get refined over time.

Haeldin

Additional notes:

This is technically an issue with the original release of the Monster Manual including all the NPCs/Images in the campaign list. For all of our products for sale, our defined strategy is to include reference material only in the Library, and to include adventure material in both the Library and the campaign list. We feel that this gives the best experience for accessing material quickly.

Also, the campaign list that displays records sorted by tabs is actually filtering the complete list across all tabs on every transaction, so we try to avoid dumping large numbers of records into these lists for better performance.

After internal discussion on this item, we are going to leave this in the new format.

Regards,
JPG

Baron28
June 4th, 2015, 17:17
Regarding this change "[5E] Combat subsection of CT entries no longer auto open when an NPC becomes active combatant."

I liked it the way it was before where the CT entry auto opens when an NPC becomes active combatant. Is there an option to turn this back on? If not, could this be added as a toggle in the options?

Sincerely,

The Lazy DM

PS Love what you did with the spells and innate spells on the NPC sheet and the CT!

Nibelung
June 4th, 2015, 19:39

Thank you. However, every time I click in one of those buttons while using the 4e ruleset, it opens an error screen saying

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_effect.lua"]:219: attempt to concatenate field 'sExpire' (a nil value)

This happens when I'm out of combat (no "arrow" in the CT), when I'm in combat, when the active character on the CT have nothing targetted, and when they do have a target.

Also noticed that we can use different values for the Marked condition on 4e, something I've been asking for years. Get another thank you from me.

Nylanfs
June 4th, 2015, 21:36
Did you make sure that an extension isn't throwing the error?

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2015, 22:37
Just recreated issue. We're going to hotfix this issue (along with a couple others) within the next few days.

Cheers,
JPG

someoneinatree
June 5th, 2015, 02:56
[5E] Added numerical support for RESIST and VULN effects.
[5E] Spells can be dragged between character sheets to copy spells with action rolls already configured.
[5E] Added ritual field to spell records.
+ many others....

These are great! Thank you.

Brenn
June 5th, 2015, 03:55
After jumping back in and doing a small mod, to suit my groups current game- albiet potentially as a refresher to do a full blown ruleset, I have to give you all props on the CoreRPG implementation. It took me a bit of sifting to get the gist of it, but let me say well done! I'm also happy to see you've got the WotC D&D stuff official. Might jump in and run some 5e for my group (strictly online) at some point and am very happy to have it available.

Nibelung
June 5th, 2015, 05:34
Did you make sure that an extension isn't throwing the error?

The only extension I'm using is the Fantasy Language Chat (That doesn't mess with the CT). Let me check if turning it out changes anything.

Nope, same error. On all effects. =/

Trenloe
June 5th, 2015, 05:43
The only extension I'm using is the Fantasy Language Chat (That doesn't mess with the CT). Let me check if turning it out changes anything
M_W recreated this (mentioned above) and it's slated for a fix in 3.1.1 - info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24579-Test-Release-v3-1-1&p=215427&viewfull=1#post215427

Honken
June 6th, 2015, 06:53
I know I am late to the party, but I like the new 5E theme. It is in the same feel as the FG classic themes!

/H