PDA

View Full Version : free player connection issue

evilmouse
June 1st, 2015, 06:12
I cant connect to gm on anouther commputter even though was sussess when test was run i need help so my players can coonect...

dulux-oz
June 1st, 2015, 06:38
Hi Evilmouse,

Some questions:

Does the GM have an Ultimate License/Subscription?
If not, does the Player have a Full or Ultimate License/Subscription?
If not, how many Players are trying to connect to the GM at the same time?

In other words, some more information is required: Is everyone on a LAN or WLAN? What Licences do people have? Can some connect or nobody?

The more information you give us the more we'll be able to solve the issue quickly.

Awaiting you replies

Cheers

evilmouse
June 1st, 2015, 07:35
Hi Evilmouse,

Some questions:

Does the GM have an Ultimate License/Subscription?
If not, does the Player have a Full or Ultimate License/Subscription?
If not, how many Players are trying to connect to the GM at the same time?

In other words, some more information is required: Is everyone on a LAN or WLAN? What Licences do people have? Can some connect or nobody?

The more information you give us the more we'll be able to solve the issue quickly.

Awaiting you replies

Cheers

i have ultimate liscend as gm
my players have free liscend

dulux-oz
June 1st, 2015, 07:47
OK, so you've run a Connection Test from the FG Launcher (right-hand side when you choose Create or Load Campaign - yes?

Have you tried generating and enabling an Alias (just above the Connection Test) and getting your players to use that as their connection string?

Also, not sure if you're aware but when Free Licenses connect to a host they quickly check with the Smite Works servers to confirm the host has a valid license, so the Players and the host need to be online when this happens (even if everyone is connected on a local network.

Have you set up your Router to allow INCOMING connections on port 1802 - the Connect Test will confirm if you have.

So, try all those and let us know how you go

Cheers

evilmouse
June 1st, 2015, 08:51
OK, so you've run a Connection Test from the FG Launcher (right-hand side when you choose Create or Load Campaign - yes?

Have you tried generating and enabling an Alias (just above the Connection Test) and getting your players to use that as their connection string?

Also, not sure if you're aware but when Free Licenses connect to a host they quickly check with the Smite Works servers to confirm the host has a valid license, so the Players and the host need to be online when this happens (even if everyone is connected on a local network.

Have you set up your Router to allow INCOMING connections on port 1802 - the Connect Test will confirm if you have.

So, try all those and let us know how you go

Cheers

connection test 1802 port sussess

evilmouse
June 1st, 2015, 08:53
connection test 1802 port sussess

no luck

dulux-oz
June 1st, 2015, 09:29
OK, so we need to get port 1802 open on you Router and or on you Firewall. The easiest way to explain how to do this to direct you to PortForward.com and get you to follow the instructions for Fantasy Grounds and your Router. This link (https://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Fantasy_Grounds/default.htm) is the PortForward page for Fantasy Ground: find the model of your Router and follow the instructions provided.

Once you've done that, run the Connect Test again.

Also, I will assume that you have opened up Port 1802 on your PC's Firewall - if not, you will need to do this as well: open up port 1802 for INCOMING connections.

See how you go and get back to us with the results (damned, you may want to chime in here as you're good at helping out with these things :) )

Cheers

evilmouse
June 1st, 2015, 10:36
port open i check and recheck it
firewall disable on pc
and port open

dulux-oz
June 1st, 2015, 11:02
OK, why don't you pm me with your External IP and I'll try to connect with some of the trouble-shooting tools I have - you'll need to have FG running of course

evilmouse
June 1st, 2015, 11:54

dulux-oz
June 1st, 2015, 12:39
OK EM, that's me connected with both an Ultimate and a free License - you're good to go!

If your Players are still having trouble then the issue is on their end, not yours. Get them to check their PC's firewall, see if they can do an update, things like that. There is no need for them to open up port 1802 because they aren't accepting connections, only making them.

Let us know how you get on.

Oh, and make sure everyone is running the latest version - everyone do an update to make sure.

evilmouse
June 1st, 2015, 18:26
i saw you when i got up why cant free liscend connect

Nylanfs
June 1st, 2015, 19:05
Are you on the SAME network with a different computer or the SAME computer trying to connect?

Trenloe
June 1st, 2015, 22:49
i saw you when i got up why cant free liscend connect
I've just connected with a free client.

If you're on the same network, use the local address to connect - only use the alias or external IP address for people connecting remotely over the internet.