PDA

View Full Version : how to install community ruleset

mekosmowski
May 31st, 2015, 17:26
My FG directory in "Program Files (x86)" does not have any subdirectories. Should I just make the appropriate subdirectories where the pax and extension files say they should go?

Mask_of_winter
May 31st, 2015, 17:28
On the splash page click on the folder icon top right. That's your app data folder. Find the ruleset folder and drop your community ruleset in there. It should be a .pak file.

mekosmowski
May 31st, 2015, 17:49
Ok, got it, now I just need to find a little more documentation on how to use the GCA import tool.

seycyrus
June 2nd, 2015, 03:18
Ok, got it, now I just need to find a little more documentation on how to use the GCA import tool.

What are you trying to do? Export a character with GCA4, then import it into FG?

Herodian
June 2nd, 2015, 05:53
I've been having some trouble with that, myself. It used to work beautifully, but lately I can't get it to import without cutting and pasting manually between the XML files. Having to cut and paste from one XML file to another defeats the purpose of having an import tool.

saithan
June 2nd, 2015, 23:57
Filters belong in the GCA sheets folder.
step 1 once the filters are where they belong and you have created a character in CGA. click file/export.
step 2. on the export window select from the filter drop down the type export you want one is for PCs the other for NPCs.
check plain text
check custom file extension and set that to .xml
(NOTE: DO NOT check GCA xml Output option)
export the file to where ever.
step 3 in FG type /importchar or /importnpc find the file and you are done.

Herodain, you have my skype message me and lets see if we can figure out your issue.

seycyrus
June 3rd, 2015, 00:15
Herodain, you have my skype message me and lets see if we can figure out your issue.

Saithan, do you mind posting the solution here? I've recently noticed some problems with my imports as well. I've got some NPCs that have no problems at all, but then others (made within a day or two of the other) where I get error messages, when I mouse over the ranged weapons. Sometimes, I have no response at all on some skills.

saithan
June 3rd, 2015, 02:48
your problem is the syntax

seycyrus
June 3rd, 2015, 03:28
I know that you've gone over this with me before and I am grateful for your patience.

In the first screenshot, the first entry of the medium shield bash attacks works as expected. The second entry for the shield (rush slam) is not dragable. The entries look fairly close to each other to me. What syntax should I be using?

In the second screenshot, I get the error messages when I hover over anything in the ranged attack field on the character sheet.

EDIT: Why does the one sheet read in as "Punch..." whereas the other loads it in as Brawling? Hrm, I don't think the first guy has brawling skill, so it is just using defaults...

saithan
June 3rd, 2015, 03:37
the shield syntax is bad
you have to edit till it works

Herodian
June 3rd, 2015, 10:29
Thanks, Saithan. I think my problem is that I was trying to use the old standalone conversion tool instead of using the slash commands in FG as you describe in this thread. I will try the slash commands next time I import a character.

saithan
June 3rd, 2015, 23:34
herodian, make sure you update to the newer filters or it will not work properly!

seycyrus
June 4th, 2015, 01:43
the shield syntax is bad
you have to edit till it works

Is it because "slam" is not defined? Since slam depends on the characters previous movement, how can it be a set value?

Herodian
June 4th, 2015, 02:43
herodian, make sure you update to the newer filters or it will not work properly!

I know I'm all set on the filters. Characters come in right when I copy and paste from my output file directly into the FG xml. I just need to use the slash command instead of copying and pasting like a sucker next time. :)

Edit: I will also need to NOT use xml, as you said in your post on this thread, of course.

seycyrus
June 4th, 2015, 02:51
If one of you guys could upload an exported character (NPC) that has a shield slam and a ranged weapon or two, I'd appreciate it.