PDA

View Full Version : Advice on some things, only a little FG

Larac
May 31st, 2015, 01:03
My Current group has a Druid as only healer, Sorc, Barb, Rogue

I let the Druid make Healing potions for 25-30g as they find herbs in travels,
Potions made during downtime, he can find new recipies and use DT for study
As he finds Herbs he studies and finds uses for them,

The Barb is going to use Bones and Animal parts to have access to one shot Primitive Magic,
Things to be made during downtime, things like 1d4+1 Heal, Next Attack is at +2 to Hit, Or +2 to Damage, Next Strike is considered Magic Damage things like that.
All Self only for the most part, helpful things but can only have level /2 items at one time.

The Sorc, has learned about a lost art called Static Magic, used to long term power items, she is tracing that
Also working on General Magic Theory in how it applies to her Dragon Line

The Rogue is a Gnome Gentleman Traveler, how works as an assassin for a group, they cull the larger evils of the world.
He has a high Cha and is making contacts and such, but was looking at something more focused as well for him.

Working out good DT stuff for him, could use some ideas.

Been making effects for the Barbs Magic stuff so when he uses it easy to get into the game.

thanks for help,
Lee

JohnD
May 31st, 2015, 02:25
Not sure what the question is.

damned
May 31st, 2015, 02:53
Not sure what the question is.

The Rogue is a Gnome Gentleman Traveler, how works as an assassin for a group, they cull the larger evils of the world.
He has a high Cha and is making contacts and such, but was looking at something more focused as well for him.

Working out good DT stuff for him, could use some ideas.

I think Larac would like some ideas, in a similar vein to those he has implemented for the Druid, Barbarian and Sorceror for his kernacking Gnome.

Perhaps along the lines of Druid and Barabarian he is experimenting with poisons and antidotes?

Larac
May 31st, 2015, 03:03
Sorry yes that is it.

Been fighting with Verizon for last 4 hours and 3 yesterday, mind is about gone.

Looking for ideas for the Gnome, and other if folks have any.

We meet once a week or so over FG, all old friends but living across the country, so I like to have down time plans in place, to keep folks engaged in off time.
We will lose next session due to work travel, hope to use DT to keep game rolling.

Thanks Damned will think about that.

giveup
May 31st, 2015, 03:16
Clockwork self deploying traps? Think by the rules you can have and maintain 3 minor clockwork devices, but I'd be open to making them more powerful on the basis only the creator can use/maintain them without springs and gears jamming. Limits it as a source of abuse some.

So stuff like a windup distraction that you can deploy as a minor and grants SA. Maybe a dagger with built in poison well to allow him 2-3 doses max with it being a free action to apply a new dose. Walking alchemy fire mines... All kinds of good stuff. Generally have him look at cantrips or 1st level spells or the more common magic items and probably limit damage to within those guidelines. If it is a bit more powerful than you'd like limit it by expensive breakable parts and a decent failure chance per use.

I've got a Tinker gnome cleric of Gond and this is what I'm working on with him. Cool almost magical items that act as a gp sink but the erratic and intricate nature basically prevents him from outfitting the whole group with such devices. HTH

OneSidedDie
May 31st, 2015, 03:53
If he is an assassin you can have some his contacts or handlers leave him various care packages in the towns they visit. Like dead drops. They can contain potions, tools, maps, info on important people, etc. Great way to introduce adventure hooks too.

Nylanfs
May 31st, 2015, 04:02
The dead drops can also be dead contacts with mocking notes also. :)

Zacchaeus
May 31st, 2015, 10:05
The gnome in my group tinkers with arrows, specifically arrows that do more than just piercing damage. Taking a leaf out of R A Salvatore's "Cadderly" novels he came up with the idea of an exploding arrow. This lead to other kinds of arrows such as poison, sleep, knockout etc etc. I ruled that such arrows could be used but at a -2 penalty to hit and that only a limited amount could be made or carried per session. These arrows had their tips replaced by small glass vials containing whatever payload the missile carried so didn't do normal piercing damage. Most of the arrows do something other than damage, such as blinding, stunning etc. There are many possibilities.

Nylanfs
May 31st, 2015, 12:39
Have you convinced him to wear a green cloak with a hood yet?

Zacchaeus
May 31st, 2015, 13:12
Have you convinced him to wear a green cloak with a hood yet?

Indeed, although part of the inspiration came from the Cadderly novels the player who runs the gnome is a big comic book fan! :)

Larac
May 31st, 2015, 23:50
Cool thanks all.