PDA

View Full Version : My users are unable to update to my version

Snowhawk
May 30th, 2015, 10:46
I have an ultimate copy of the software with version 3.1.0.

Users who are joining my campaign are downloading the demo version (both from the website and from steam) and they are stuck on versions 3.0.12 and 3.0.13. Their clients will not update to 3.1.0 and they cannot connect to me.

Is there something funky going on with the update server?

Snowhawk

Mask_of_winter
May 30th, 2015, 10:58
You must have switched to the Test version. The current live version is 3.0.13

damned
May 30th, 2015, 11:41
Snowhawk unless you have a specific reason to use the test version you should not. Its really there for people to test compatibility and bug test the new versions before they come out.
Normally a single version mismatch will still connect but jumping a .1 version requires you to all be on the same version.

Snowhawk
May 30th, 2015, 11:58
Interesting. I wonder how that happened. I did not consciously change versions. I will check the Test/Debug/Live version setting tomorrow. Thanks for the prompt replies.

kwarner1986
June 2nd, 2015, 01:55
I think there is a deeper issue with the update server or something. I posted a couple weeks ago about my updates not going through. I load fantasy grounds, it says it's v3.0.12 Ultimate. I ran the update, in the corner after the update it's it's v3.1.0, but the minute I close fantasy grounds it goes back to v3.0.12. I don't get why this is happening and I've checked to see if I'm in test or live. I am in live mode, but it doesn't seem to work.

If an admin wants to remote in my computer to take a deeper look they may. I'll be around for the next 3 hours or so.

Snowhawk
June 2nd, 2015, 02:45
In my case it was indeed set to Test version.

I initially downloaded the installer from the website.
My wife got the demo through Steam.
She set hers as Test for some reason, then promptly forgot about it.
I bought the one month Ultimate key.
I tried to get her client to connect to mine and that is when we noticed the difference of version.
I copied her installation folder and replaced mine with that.
My copy read 3.1.0 but the settings said it was Live. This is because the settings are stored in the registry, and copying the files would not change anything in that regard. Setting mine to Test, updating, and setting it back to live, and updating again fixed it for me.

damned
June 2nd, 2015, 03:04
I think there is a deeper issue with the update server or something. I posted a couple weeks ago about my updates not going through. I load fantasy grounds, it says it's v3.0.12 Ultimate. I ran the update, in the corner after the update it's it's v3.1.0, but the minute I close fantasy grounds it goes back to v3.0.12. I don't get why this is happening and I've checked to see if I'm in test or live. I am in live mode, but it doesn't seem to work.

If an admin wants to remote in my computer to take a deeper look they may. I'll be around for the next 3 hours or so.

Run the FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe using Run as Administrator.
You may have some permissions issues.

kwarner1986
June 2nd, 2015, 06:56
Run the FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe using Run as Administrator.
You may have some permissions issues.

No dice.

damned
June 2nd, 2015, 07:12
sent you a PM