PDA

View Full Version : Newbie DM question RE: XP

Benas Maelwys
May 29th, 2015, 01:12
So I've gone through the wiki and user guides, and I cant seem to find the answer, maybe I'm just being dense, however:

How do I award exp to the players after an encounter or series of encounters?

I have made the encounters (including exp value) moved them to the combat tracker, party fights and is victorious, I then drag the encounter to the party sheet, where the info is displayed (including exp value) and then what? Is there an auto distribute function I'm missing? Or is it just a case of do the math and manually hand out the exp, then check the encounter as awarded?

Any advice appreciated, even if its just a link to the thread this is covered in already :)

Benas Maelwys

*Edit* Not two minutes after posting this I finally thought to try the radial menu on the exp tab, well that answers that question! Any mod feel free to scrap this thread.

Zacchaeus
May 29th, 2015, 11:55
If you think there should be a way to do something then right clicking over it is a good thing to try anywhere within Fantasy Grounds. Many, many things can be done from sneaky radial menus which appear when you do :)

damned
May 29th, 2015, 12:15
So I've gone through the wiki and user guides, and I cant seem to find the answer, maybe I'm just being dense, however:

How do I award exp to the players after an encounter or series of encounters?

I have made the encounters (including exp value) moved them to the combat tracker, party fights and is victorious, I then drag the encounter to the party sheet, where the info is displayed (including exp value) and then what? Is there an auto distribute function I'm missing? Or is it just a case of do the math and manually hand out the exp, then check the encounter as awarded?

Any advice appreciated, even if its just a link to the thread this is covered in already :)

Benas Maelwys

*Edit* Not two minutes after posting this I finally thought to try the radial menu on the exp tab, well that answers that question! Any mod feel free to scrap this thread.

and if you had trouble someone else will too - dont scrap the post.

Daelkyr
May 31st, 2015, 12:46
The question I have is about awarding XP. I know that the party sheet will divide XP bundles for quest rewards and encounters. Is there a way to have each player get the maximum amount without dividing it? ie., I set up a quest reward at 100 XP and reward all four players 100 XP instead of 25 XP?

dulux-oz
May 31st, 2015, 12:49
The question I have is about awarding XP. I know that the party sheet will divide XP bundles for quest rewards and encounters. Is there a way to have each player get the maximum amount without dividing it? ie., I set up a quest reward at 100 XP and reward all four players 100 XP instead of 25 XP?

I don't know, I've never tried - I simply award 400XP and then let it divide by 4.

damned
May 31st, 2015, 13:02
or

You have each earned 100xp!
and let them add it them selves :)

Zacchaeus
May 31st, 2015, 13:03
You can award xp to players directly by adding the amount into their character sheet; there isn't however a way to limit or direct a specific amount of xp to a particular player. If you want to award a specific number to each player then as dulux says multiply the amount by the number of players.

Griogre
June 2nd, 2015, 16:51
Be aware you can type /mod 100 and then drag and drop this into chat and tell the player to drag and drop this into experience. However, usually I'm like dulux-oz, I'll just multiply the award by the number of PCs.

Zacchaeus
June 4th, 2015, 20:04
Be aware you can type /mod 100 and then drag and drop this into chat and tell the player to drag and drop this into experience.

This is why this guy has nearly 6,000 posts; he almost knows as much as damned and dulux. :)

This I didn't know so another useful thing learned from someone else's post :)

damned
June 5th, 2015, 01:56
This is why this guy has nearly 6,000 posts; he almost knows as much as damned and dulux. :)

This I didn't know so another useful thing learned from someone else's post :)

Griogre was already here the last time the oceans covered the land. He knows *so much* stuff.

Griogre
June 5th, 2015, 08:56
Age does have its advantages.... ;) All the old FG1 & FG2 is still in FG3. Its just obscured in the newer rulesets automation.

Oberoten
June 5th, 2015, 11:35
Hoooooooom.

- Obe

dulux-oz
June 5th, 2015, 11:44

WOW! Why I appreciate the complement, I wouldn't even consider myself in the same league as Griogre - compared to him and the other Immortals (& quite a few others) I'm the "new guy".

I'm just more vocal than some others :p

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2015, 16:02
I'm just more vocal than some others :p

And whoever heard of a vocal Aussie :)

dulux-oz
June 5th, 2015, 16:10
And whoever heard of a vocal Aussie :)

And with that I can't resist:

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OY OY OY

:p

harrisben